List of Iraqi Information Ministers
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 1979-1991 Latif Nussayif Jassim - he held the post on December 30, 1990, notable for saying that President George H. W. Bush "must have been drunk" to suggest that Iraq would withdraw from Kuwait, and that "We will show the world that America is a paper tiger."
- 1991-1996 Hamid Yusuf Hammadi
- 1996 Abd al-Ghani Abd al-Ghafur
- 1996-1997 Hamid Yusuf Hammadi
- 1997-2001 Humam Abd al-Khaliq Abd al-Ghafur
- 2001-2003 Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf (also Mohammed Saeed al-Sahhaf), gained worldwide attention during the 2003 Invasion of Iraq for claims like "the Americans were committing suicide by the hundreds at the city's [Baghdad] gates."