List of Irish supercentenarians
This list includes Irish supercentenarians (people from Ireland who have attained the age of at least 110 years) whose lifespans have been verified by an international body that specifically deals in longevity research, such as the Gerontology Research Group (GRG). There have been, including emigrants, 8 verified supercentenarians from Ireland. The oldest person ever to die in Ireland was Katherine Plunket at 111 years, 327 days. The oldest ever person born in Ireland was Kathleen Snavely, who died aged 113 years, 140 days in the USA. As of 15 July 2018, there are no reported living supercentenarians from Ireland.
Below is a list of the oldest people who have died or are living in Ireland.
|Rank||Name||Sex||Birth date||Death date||Age||County of birth||County of death|
|1||Katherine Plunket||F||22 November 1820||14 October 1932||111 years, 327 days||Louth||Louth|
|2||Margaret Dolan||F||30 August 1893||2 December 2004||111 years, 94 days||Galway||Galway|
|3||Mary Ellen Geaney||F||2 January 1886||5 April 1996||110 years, 94 days||Cork||Cork|
|Rank||Name||Sex||Birth date||Death date||Age||County of birth||Country of death|
|1||Kathleen Snavely||F||16 February 1902||6 July 2015||113 years, 140 days||Clare||United States|
|2||Annie Scott||F||15 March 1883||21 April 1996||113 years, 37 days||Northern Ireland[a]||United Kingdom (Scotland)|
|3||Catherine Furey||F||6 April 1893||30 November 2003||110 years, 238 days||Roscommon||United States|
|4||Elizabeth Watkins||F||10 March 1863||31 October 1973||110 years, 235 days||Northern Ireland[b]||United Kingdom (England)|
|5||Margaret Bly||F||28 June 1894||4 August 2004||110 years, 34 days||Donegal||United States|
- Scott was born in Northern Ireland which at that time was a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. It is now a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- Watkins was born in Northern Ireland which at that time was a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. It is now a part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
- GRG Table B
- "Supercentenarian Data -- Table E". Gerontology Research Group. 9 January 2015. Retrieved 15 December 2017.
- GRG Validated Living Supercentenarians as of 10 September 2014. Archived 24 February 2001 at the Wayback Machine.; retrieved 9 January 2015.
The Gerontology Research Group (GRG) lists persons as living whose age has been validated and who have been confirmed to be alive within the past year.
- GRG Verified Supercentenarian Cases - United Kingdom, as of 16 April 2007; retrieved 11 May 2011.
- GRG Deaths in 2003
- "Current Validated Living Supercentenarians". GRG. Archived from the original on 24 February 2001. Retrieved 15 September 2013.