List of Judges of the United States Tax Court
The United States Tax Court is composed of 19 members appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. Reappointment, when requested by a Tax Court judge is generally pro forma regardless of the political party of the appointing President and the political party of the re-appointing (sitting) President. By statute, Congress has granted to the President the power to remove the judges of the U.S. Tax Court "for inefficiency, neglect of duty, or malfeasance in office...." 
The 19-member court currently has four vacancies.
- On June 16, 2014, Diane Kroupa retired from the Tax Court. On August 3, 2017, President Trump nominated Patrick Urda to fill this vacancy.
- On October 16, 2015, James Halpern retired from the Tax Court. On August 3, 2017, President Trump nominated Elizabeth Copeland to fill this vacancy.
- In 2016 John O. Colvin took senior status from the Tax Court. On January 24, 2018, President Trump nominated Courtney Dunbar Jones to fill this vacancy.
- On April 21, 2018, Joseph Robert Goeke took senior status from the Tax Court. On April 10, 2018, President Trump nominated Emin Toro to fill this vacancy.
- On April 24, 2018, President Trump nominated Mark V. Holmes for another 15 year term on the court.
Appointed by the President of the United States.
- L. Paige Marvel, Chief Judge (1998–2013, 2014–)
- Tamara W. Ashford (2014–)
- Ronald Lee Buch (2013–)
- Maurice B. Foley (1995–)
- Joseph H. Gale (1996–)
- David Gustafson (2008–)
- Mark V. Holmes (2003–)
- Kathleen Kerrigan (2012–)
- Albert G. Lauber (2013–)
- Richard T. Morrison (2007–)
- Joseph W. Nega (2013–)
- Elizabeth Crewson Paris (2008–)
- Cary Douglas Pugh (2014–)
- Michael B. Thornton (1998–)
- Juan F. Vasquez (1995–)
Appointed by the President of the United States; terms of senior service are in italics.
- Carolyn Chiechi (1992–2007, 2007–)
- Mary Ann Cohen (1982–2012, 2012–)
- John O. Colvin (1988–2016, 2016–)
- Joel Gerber (1984–2006, 2006–)
- Joseph Robert Goeke (2003–2018, 2018–)
- James Halpern (1990–2015, 2015–)
- Julian Jacobs (1984–1999, 1999–)
- David Laro (1992–2007, 2007–)
- Robert Ruwe (1987–2002, 2002–)
- Thomas B. Wells (1986–2001, 2001–2011, 2011–)
- Laurence Whalen (1987–2002, 2002–)
Special Trial Judges
Appointed by the Chief Judge of the Tax Court.
Special Trial Judges
- D. Irvin Couvillion (special trial judge, 1985–)
- Carleton D. Powell (special trial judge, 1985–2007)
- John J. Pajak (special trial judge, 1979–)
- Norman H. Wolfe (special trial judge, 1985–)
- Daniel J. Dinan (special trial judge, 1991–)
- John F. Dean (special trial judge, 1994–2014)
- See generally 26 U.S.C. § 7443(a) and (b).
- I.R.C. 7447(b)(3)).
- See 26 U.S.C. § 7443(f).
- The Tax Court of the United States, United States Government Manual", Division of Public Inquiries, Office of War Information (1945).
- "Newest Judge To Sit In Tax Court Here", The Milwaukee Journal (February 4, 1968).
- "Report of the United States Board of Tax Appeals, Volume 1, p. 3 (Government Printing Office, 1926)"
- Luther Johnson Congressional Biography].
- James Russell Leech Congressional Biography].