List of Kent County Cricket Club Twenty20 cricket records
Kent played their first Twenty20 match in the domestic 2003 Twenty20 Cup against Hampshire at Beckenham. The club has played in each of the domestic Twenty20 competitions since, winning the competition in 2007 and finishing as runners-up in 2008. The club plays Twenty20 cricket under the name Kent Spitfires, an allusion to the role of the Supermarine Spitfire in the Battle of Britain during 1940, much of which took place in the skies over the county. As of November 2016 the club has played over 140 Twenty20 matches, including two matches against touring international teams.
All records last updated 7 August 2016
- Highest total for: 231/7 vs Surrey at The Oval, 2015
- Highest total against: 224/7 by Somerset at Taunton, 2015
- Lowest total for: 72 all out vs Hampshire at The Rose Bowl, 2011
- Lowest total against: 82 all out by Somerset at Taunton, 2010
The highest partnership for Kent is 151 runs scored for the 2nd wicket by Daniel Bell-Drummond and Sam Northeast against Surrey at Tunbridge Wells in 2016. This surpassed the previous highest partnership of 150 made earlier in the same season by Bell-Drummond and Joe Denly.
|Highest partnership for each wicket|
|1st wicket||150||Daniel Bell-Drummond||Joe Denly||v Somerset||St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury||2016|
|2nd wicket||151||Daniel Bell-Drummond||Sam Northeast||v Surrey||Nevill Ground, Tunbridge Wells||2016|
|3rd wicket||130||Azhar Mahmood||Martin van Jaarsveld||v Leicestershire||Grace Road, Leicester||2011|
|4th wicket||102*||Geraint Jones||Darren Stevens||v Hampshire||Southampton||2009|
|5th wicket||117||Martin van Jaarsveld||Matthew Walker||v Leicestershire||Grace Road, Leicester||2006|
|6th wicket||108*||Sam Northeast||Alex Blake||v Hampshire||Southampton||2015|
|7th wicket||62||Rob Key||Tyron Henderson||v Hampshire||County Cricket Ground, Beckenham||2006|
|8th wicket||152||Fabian Cowdrey||James Tredwell||v Lancashire||St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury||2015|
|9th wicket||33*||Ryan McLaren||Simon Cook||v Surrey||County Cricket Ground, Beckenham||2007|
|10th wicket||31||Mitchell Claydon||David Griffiths||v Essex||St Lawrence Ground, Canterbury||2016|
Individual batting records
- Highest individual score: 114 Sam Northeast vs Somerset at Taunton, 2015
- Most runs in a season: 641 Sam Northeast, 2015
- Most career runs: 3,015 Darren Stevens, 2005–present
Individual bowling records
Two bowlers have taken five wickets in a Twenty20 innings for Kent, Wahab Riaz in 2011 and Mitchell Claydon in 2013. Wahab Riaz and Ryan McLaren are the county's only hat-trick taking bowlers in the format, McLaren doing so in the 2007 Twenty20 Cup final against Gloucestershire, Kent's only Twenty20 final success as of November 2016. Only James Tredwell has taken more than 100 wickets in total for the county as of the end of the 2016 English season.
- Best bowling: 5/17 Wahab Riaz vs Gloucestershire at Beckenham, 2011
- Most wickets in a season: 23 Yasir Arafat, 2008
- Most career wickets: 115 James Tredwell, 2003–present
- List of Kent County Cricket Club first-class cricket records
- List of Kent County Cricket Club List A cricket records
- Twenty20 matches played by Kent, CricketArchive. Retrieved 2016-02-06.
- Milton H (2016) 'Twenty20 Records' in Reid J (ed) 2016 Kent County Cricket Club Annual, pp.243–247, Canterbury: Kent County Cricket Club
- Bell-Drummond's best keeps Kent hopes alive, CricInfo, 2016-07-15. Retrieved 2016-07-15.
- Bell-Drummond, Denly set record in Kent opening-night win, CricInfo, 2016-05-20. Retrieved 2016-05-23.
- McGlashan A (2007) Kent take Twenty20 in thrilling final, CricInfo, 2007-08-04. Retrieved 2016-11-01.