List of Knight's Cross recipients 33rd Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS Charlemagne (1st French)
|Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
|Awarded by Nazi Germany|
|Awarded for||Awarded to holders of the Iron Cross to recognize extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership|
|Campaign(s)||World War II|
|Established||1 September 1939|
|First awarded||30 September 1939|
|Last awarded||11 May 1945 / 17 June 1945|
|Next (higher)||Grand Cross of the Iron Cross|
|Next (lower)||Iron Cross 1st Class|
The 33rd Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS Charlemagne (1st French) and Sturmbataillon ("assault battalion") "Charlemagne" were names used for units of French volunteers in the Wehrmacht and later Waffen-SS during World War II. The Charlemagne division was formed in 1944 from an amalgam of troops serving in other French units of the German armed forces, as well as from the paramilitary Franc-Garde of the Milice.
List of recipients
Several members of the division were awarded the Knight's Cross, all during the Battle of Berlin, including:
- Henri Joseph Fenet, SS-Frw.Hauptsturmführer (29 April 1945)
- Eugene Vaulot, W-Unterscharführer (29 April 1945)
- Wilhelm Weber, SS-Obersturmführer (29 April 1945)
- Forbes, Robert (2010) . For Europe: The French Volunteers of the Waffen-SS. Stackpole Books. ISBN 978-0-8117-3581-0.
- Littlejohn, David (1987). Foreign Legions of the Third Reich Vol. 1 Norway, Denmark, France. Bender Publishing. ISBN 978-0912138176.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.