List of Korean Nobel laureates
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Korean citizens
The following are the Nobel laureates who were Korean citizens at the time they were awarded the Nobel Prize.
|2000||Kim Dae-jung||Peace||1925–2009||"for his work for democracy and human rights in South Korea and in East Asia in general, and for peace and reconciliation with North Korea in particular."|
Non-Korean Laureates born in Korea
The laureates below were born in Korea but are not Korean.
|Year||Name||Field||Year of birth||Place of birth||Affiliation at the time of the award|
|1987||Charles J. Pedersen||Chemistry||1904||Busan, Korea (now South Korea)||Du Pont, United States|
- Cash-for-summit scandal
- List of Nobel laureates
- List of Nobel laureates by country
- List of Asian Nobel laureates
- Sunshine Policy
- "Kim Dae-jung – Facts". Nobel Foundation.
- Danielle L. Chubb (21 January 2014). Contentious Activism and Inter-Korean Relations. Columbia University Press. pp. 236–. ISBN 978-0-231-53632-5.
Kim Dae Jung won the Nobel Peace Prize in 2000 for his efforts at bringing about the ...
- "Charles J. Pedersen – Facts". Nobel Foundation.
- "Nobel Laureates and Country of Birth". Nobelprize.org.