List of Last Man Standing episodes
Last Man Standing is an American sitcom that premiered on ABC on October 11, 2011. Created by Jack Burditt, the series stars Tim Allen as Mike Baxter, previously a widely travelled outdoorsman but now a director of marketing at an outdoor sporting goods store in Colorado, whose home life is dominated by women: his wife Vanessa (Nancy Travis) and their three daughters Eve (Kaitlyn Dever), Mandy (Molly Ephraim for seasons 1–6 and Molly McCook for season 7), and Kristin (Alexandra Krosney for season 1 and Amanda Fuller for the remaining seasons). Héctor Elizondo also stars as Ed Alzate, Mike's boss at his sporting goods store "Outdoor Man", while Christoph Sanders appears as Kyle Anderson, a young employee of Outdoor Man. In 2018, Fox picked up the series for a seventh season. In April 2019, Fox renewed the series for an eighth season.
As of May 10, 2019,[update] 152 episodes of Last Man Standing have aired, concluding the seventh season.
|First aired||Last aired||Network|
|1||24||October 11, 2011||May 8, 2012||ABC|
|2||18||November 2, 2012||March 22, 2013|
|3||22||September 20, 2013||April 25, 2014|
|4||22||October 3, 2014||April 17, 2015|
|5||22||September 25, 2015||April 22, 2016|
|6||22||September 23, 2016||March 31, 2017|
|7||22||September 28, 2018||May 10, 2019||Fox|
Season 1 (2011–12)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|1||1||"Pilot"||John Pasquin||Jack Burditt||October 11, 2011||1ATP79||13.19|
|Mike Baxter, a director of marketing at an outdoor sporting goods store, returns home from traveling to a new assignment at work and to his house filled with women: his wife Vanessa, his oldest daughter Kristin (a single mother caring for her son in the Baxter family home), his middle daughter Mandy (an unintelligent, popularity-driven teenager) and his youngest daughter Eve (a tomboy inspired by her father). While Mike gives Eve advice for her soccer game, which results in her injuring a boy she has a crush on, he also plays Cupid to set up Kyle, a young employee at his store, with Mandy. However, Kyle mistakes Kristin for Mandy, and dates Kristin instead.|
|2||2||"Last Baby Proofing Standing"||John Pasquin||Linda Videtti Figueiredo||October 11, 2011||1ATP01||13.19|
|Kristin decides that the Baxters need to hire a baby-proofer (Paul F. Tompkins) for their home to protect Boyd, and when Vanessa sides with their daughter, Mike finds himself fighting a losing battle against the women. Meanwhile, fed up with Mandy constantly taking his money, Mike decides to get her a job as a pizza delivery girl, but Vanessa takes issue with this.|
|3||3||"Grandparents Day"||John Pasquin||Liz Astrof||October 18, 2011||1ATP02||10.34|
|It is grandparents day at Boyd's daycare center, and Vanessa forces Mike to attend with her. However, Mike's mildly offensive comments about a boy dressed as a fairy gets Boyd expelled from the center, forcing Mike to take his grandson to work with him. Meanwhile, when an older grandmother compares Vanessa to herself, Vanessa attempts to make her style more youthful with some help from Mandy.|
|4||4||"Last Halloween Standing"||John Pasquin||Marsh McCall||October 25, 2011||1ATP03||9.88|
|Mike is upset when Eve tells him that she does not want to continue their annual tradition of trick-or-treating because her crush on Victor Blake (Kenton Duty), who has her thinking Halloween is immature and for kids. So Mike decides to dress up Boyd and take him trick-or-treating, directly disobeying Kristin's orders. While trick-or treating, Mike meets Ed's friend Elvira. Meanwhile, Mandy chooses a very revealing costume for a party but Mike disallows it, and Vanessa's equally revealing costume draws the attention of the Baxters' obsessive neighbor, Bill Calhoun (David Anthony Higgins).|
|5||5||"Co-Ed Softball"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||November 1, 2011||1ATP04||9.42|
|Mike's boss Ed is irritated when the Outdoor Man company softball team votes to go co-ed, and he vows to track down the 'for' votes one-by-one. Meanwhile, Mike is afraid of Ed's reaction when he finds out that Mike voted for co-ed, so he has Eve join the team to make up for it. The move backfires when Eve usurps Mike's role as star pitcher with her far-superior skills. Mandy begins filling out college applications, but is stumped by the essay she has to write, and Kristin ponders what her own future holds while she helps her sister.|
|6||6||"Good Cop, Bad Cop"||John Pasquin||Eben Russell||November 8, 2011||1ATP07||9.26|
|Mandy intends to enter a teen modeling competition, a plan which Vanessa does not approve of. Sick of being the "bad cop", Vanessa persuades Mike to stop Mandy from entering. Mike is reluctant to give up his role as the "good cop", but this changes when he views the revealing pictures Mandy wants to send in. Mike then visits the family of Mandy's boyfriend Travis after he discovers that the semi-nude pictures Mandy took for the modeling competition have been forwarded to Travis' phone. Meanwhile, Kristin tries to stand up to her boss for a raise, but ends up saving his life instead.|
|7||7||"Home Security"||John Pasquin||Eben Russell||November 15, 2011||1ATP05||9.06|
|Vanessa encourages Mike to join the neighborhood watch. Mike then spends some idle time on his shift sharing neighborhood gossip that Vanessa had relayed to him in private. Meanwhile, Ed has trouble saying "no" to a certain supplier's sales pitches.|
|8||8||"House Rules"||John Pasquin||Andy Gordon||November 22, 2011||1ATP08||9.29|
|After finding out that Kyle slept in Kristin's bed overnight, Mike implements new rules in the house forcing Kristin to move out. Eve has her first period, making her cranky.|
|9||9||"Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||November 29, 2011||1ATP09||10.32|
|Mike and Vanessa meet their new neighbors, a lesbian couple. Mike ends up being good friends with one of the women until he insults her. The girls create a music group called The Inglorious Baxters and make a viral music video about Mandy's lying boyfriend, Travis. Kyle tries to jokingly insult Ed.|
|10||10||"Last Christmas Standing"||John Pasquin||Jack Burditt||December 6, 2011||1ATP10||8.79|
|Ryan (Nick Jonas), the father of Kristin's baby, unexpectedly comes back to town wanting to be in his son's life. Kyle begins to feel threatened by Ryan's arrival. Mandy works as a helper elf for Santa Claus Ed in the Outdoor Man store, until she demands better work benefits.|
|11||11||"The Passion of the Mandy"||John Pasquin||Marsh McCall||December 13, 2011||1ATP06||7.51|
|Mandy starts accompanying Mike to work after sharing her surprisingly good marketing ideas, but her recently successful campaign has Ed upset. Vanessa becomes overwhelmed with having to spend more time at her job while still running the house. Eve gets upset when Victor Blake does not ask her to a school dance, instead asking her advice about dating another girl.|
|12||12||"Moon Over Kenya"||John Pasquin||Steve Baldikoski & Bryan Behar||January 3, 2012||1ATP12||7.93|
|Chad Bickle (Steve Talley), a brash young pro fisherman, renews Mike's interest in traveling the world for work, which does not sit well with Vanessa. After seeing Mike and Vanessa's family life going so well, Chad decides to quit pro fishing to get back together with his girlfriend. Ed hires Tony Hawk to replace Chad. Meanwhile, Mandy decides to become a vegan, but Kristin and Eve are convinced it is one of her passing phases and tease her about it.|
|13||13||"Take Your Daughter to Work"||John Pasquin||Joe Port & Joe Wiseman||January 10, 2012||1ATP13||7.57|
|Ed hires his daughter Gabriella (Jamie-Lynn Sigler) as a marketing consultant and her ideas threaten Mike's standing at the company. Mike and Eve bring home a stray dog that Mandy believes she is allergic to, but her allergies are really a childhood lie started by Vanessa.|
|14||14||"Odd Couple Out"||John Pasquin||Liz Astrof & Linda Videtti Figueiredo||January 17, 2012||1ATP11||8.59|
|Vanessa finds out that her neighbor, Michelle (Danielle Bisutti), has not invited her and Mike to a party. She later finds out that Mike was the reason why, due to him insulting Michelle's profession on a previous occasion. So he agrees to change his ways by being more sociable. Eve damages Mandy's car, while trying to move it out of the garage.|
|15||15||"House of Spirits"||John Pasquin||Liz Astrof & Linda Videtti Figueiredo||February 7, 2012||1ATP16||7.78|
|After discovering that two elderly women had previously died in the Baxter home, the Baxter daughters fear that ghosts are haunting the house. After hiring a medium to investigate, Vanessa also becomes scared. Elsewhere, Ed keeps borrowing cash from Kyle.|
|16||16||"Tree of Strife"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||February 7, 2012||1ATP14||8.02|
|Mandy meets Kim Kardashian, freaks out, and becomes the butt of jokes when a video of her way-over-the-top reaction surfaces. Mike and the Baxter family fight city hall after the city orders that an old tree on their property be cut down.|
|17||17||"Adrenaline"||John Pasquin||Andy Gordon||February 14, 2012||1ATP15||7.64|
|Mike gets NASCAR driver Tony Stewart and his car to spice up the Outdoor Man retail space, but the car later goes missing. Kristin, wanting to go skydiving, has Vanessa looking back to when she took more chances before becoming a mother.|
|18||18||"Baxter & Sons"||John Pasquin||Story by : Kim Flagg |
Teleplay by : Marsh McCall
|February 21, 2012||1ATP17||7.46|
|Mike's father Bud (Robert Forster) and younger brother Jim (Mike Rowe) visit, hoping to win a bid to build a new Outdoor Man store. The brothers try to get a loan from a young bank loan officer Richard Clark (Frankie Muniz), but the sibling rivalry between Mike and Jim threatens it. The Baxter girls try to set up Bud with a girlfriend by giving him an online profile.|
|19||19||"Ding Dong Ditch"||John Pasquin||Jon Haller||February 28, 2012||1ATP18||7.50|
|The Baxters are annoyed when teenage prankster Ben Milbauer (Uriah Shelton) repeatedly rings their door bell and runs off, but when Mike booby-traps the door, Ben gets hurt on their property. Ben's father Frank (Alex Skuby) orders Mike to cover the boy's hospital bill and Mike discovers that Eve and Ben have secretly been dating. Kristin begins her college classes, but has a difficult time getting acclimated. Kyle gets hurt on the job, causing Ed to fear that Kyle will sue him.|
|20||20||"Animal Wrongs"||John Pasquin||Marsh McCall||March 20, 2012||1ATP19||6.98|
|Mandy worries when Mike does not like her new boyfriend, Terrence (Shane Coffey), who is an animal rights activist. Kyle discovers that he has Basque ancestors, like Ed, but the two have a disagreement after learning their ancestors are from rival families.|
|21||21||"Wherefore Art Thou, Mike Baxter"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||April 10, 2012||1ATP20||6.84|
|Mike and Ed invite Kyle as a last-minute substitute for Outdoor Man's annual grudge competition against Ted's Tacklebox, but fear Kyle is not very good at outdoor sports. When the competition runs late, Mike has to miss Mandy's school play. Vanessa offends both Eve and Mandy, when she is overheard saying she does not care to attend their extracurricular activities.|
|22||22||"This Bud's For You"||John Pasquin||Steve Baldikoski & Bryan Behar||April 17, 2012||1ATP22||6.51|
|Bud moves into town to begin working on the new Outdoor Man store. Mike is upset that Bud's girlfriend Stella (Deborah May), who Mike did not know about before, has moved in with him. After getting a company physical, Mike is told he has high blood pressure.|
|23||23||"The Spotlight"||John Pasquin||Eben Russell||May 1, 2012||1ATP23||6.52|
|Vanessa receives kudos for her volunteer efforts, but when Mike steals her spotlight, he has to try and remedy the situation. Eve has fears about starting high school. Ed wants to use Mike as an action-figure model for Outdoor Man, but the end product has numerous errors.|
|24||24||"Found Money"||John Pasquin||Andy Gordon||May 8, 2012||1ATP21||6.62|
|Vanessa's sweet-but-flighty sister, April (Christina Moore), pays a visit. This irritates Mike, who is convinced April only wants to ask for another loan, and he has just used some extra cash to buy a tank so he and Ed can run over old cars and boats. Meanwhile, Kyle and Kristin agree to break up, but Kyle is more worried about what Mike will think.|
Season 2 (2012–13)
On May 11, 2012, ABC renewed Last Man Standing for a second season. Beginning this season, Amanda Fuller now plays Kristin, replacing Alexandra Krosney. Flynn Morrison was also added to the main cast as an age-advanced Boyd, replacing twins Evan and Luke Kruntchev. Jordan Masterson recurs as Ryan, Boyd's father, replacing Nick Jonas, who guest starred in one episode in the previous season. The second season initially received a thirteen-episode order, but ABC announced on November 12, 2012 that an additional three scripts had been ordered. The episode order was then extended to five additional episodes, taking the final total to eighteen for the season. Tim Allen's former Home Improvement co-star Richard Karn guest starred in the episode "Attractive Architect", playing the character Bill McKendree. Karn reprised his role again in the episode "The Fight". Jonathan Taylor Thomas, another Home Improvement co-star of Allen's, guest starred in the season finale, "College Girl", as the character John Baker.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|25||1||"Voting"||John Pasquin||Tim Doyle & Jon Haller||November 2, 2012||2ATP03||8.07|
|Mandy is voting for the first time, with Mike urging her to vote for Mitt Romney, while Kristin and Ryan urge her to vote for Barack Obama. Vanessa maintains secrecy about how she votes, which she claims she has done throughout her marriage to Mike. Eve, Ed, and Kyle compete in fantasy football, which has ramifications at work for Kyle when he will not make a trade with his boss, Ed.|
|26||2||"Dodgeball Club"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||November 9, 2012||2ATP01||7.44|
|Ryan has dodgeball banned from Boyd's school, which infuriates Mike to the point that he teaches Boyd and his friends dodgeball in the Baxter backyard. Ed and Kyle volunteer in a search and rescue team. Mandy begins dating her school's star quarterback, which has her asking for Eve's help to brush up on football facts.|
|27||3||"High Expectations"||John Pasquin||Michael Shipley||November 16, 2012||2ATP07||7.13|
|Vanessa invites Carol and Chuck Larabee (Erika Alexander and Jonathan Adams), an African-American couple, over for drinks after their car is egged. Mike expresses discomfort over them visiting – not because they are black, but simply because they are neighbors. After Mike refuses to let Eve quit soccer, she ditches soccer practice and gets drunk at a friend's party. Mandy then comes to the rescue to help Eve, ditching her own extracurricular activity.|
|28||4||"Ed's Twice Ex-Wife"||John Pasquin||Sarah Jane Cunningham & Suzie V. Freeman||November 23, 2012||2ATP02||6.68|
|Ed begins to develop old feelings for his third ex-wife Wanda (Robin Riker), which has Mike greatly concerned. Mandy gets a waitress job at the diner where Kristin works.|
|29||5||"Mother Fracker"||John Pasquin||Ed Yeager||November 30, 2012||2ATP06||6.72|
|Eve invites Vanessa to talk about her job at her class career day. After learning the gritty truth about what Vanessa really does as a geologist, Eve camps outside the house and refuses to come back inside until Vanessa quits her job. Mike, in turn, will not let Eve back in until she apologizes to her mother. With Ryan watching Boyd for a few days, Kristin and Mandy plan a "girls night out" but have different opinions on what that really means.|
|30||6||"Circle of Life"||John Pasquin||Vince Calandra||December 7, 2012||2ATP04||6.54|
|Mike and Ryan disagree on teaching Boyd about the harsh realities of life. Mandy feels responsible for Kyle possibly losing his job, as she has shoplifted numerous items at Outdoor Man under Kyle's watch. To make things right, Mandy helps teach Kyle how to spot and catch shoplifters.|
|31||7||"Putting a Hit on Christmas"||John Pasquin||Mike Teverbaugh||December 14, 2012||2ATP08||6.81|
|Mike and Vanessa decide that they want to spend Christmas together, without the girls, so they have each of the girls go on different trips for the holiday. But a favorite Christmas song of Vanessa's has her reconsidering this decision. Ed accidentally shoots a bald eagle, mistaking it for a wild turkey, and has Kyle help him dispose of it.|
|32||8||"Bullying"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||January 4, 2013||2ATP05||6.63|
|Eve is suspended from school for a calling a boy "gay". It turns out she said it in retaliation, after she defeated the boy in a one-on-one basketball game and he called her a name that "rhymes with bike". Kristen finds out that Ryan bought a motorcycle after getting a new job, which makes her angry due to the fact Ryan has rarely given her money for child support.|
|33||9||"Attractive Architect"||John Pasquin||Mike Teverbaugh||January 11, 2013||2ATP12||6.89|
Bill McKendree (Richard Karn), an architect that has worked with Mike and Outdoor Man for years, is bidding on the construction of a new Outdoor Man mall store. Bill assumes the bid is a formality, but Ed feels that an attractive young female architect, Alyssa (Jackie Seiden), is more qualified. Mike assumes that Ed only wants to hire Alyssa for her looks, but Vanessa convinces him to view the bids "blindly" and determine who really is best for the job. After a colleague at her job passes away, Vanessa gets that person's job over an equally qualified but "plain" looking candidate, and she questions whether she got the job based on her looks. After Mandy takes all the drawers in their bathroom for herself, Eve hides all of Mandy's makeup, forcing her to go to school without wearing any.
Note: There is a reference to Tim Allen's previous long-running series Home Improvement, on which Richard Karn co-starred, when Bill tells Mike to say "hi" to his three boys. After Mike reminds Bill that he has three girls, Bill remarks, "Really? I seem to remember it was three boys." Also, Mike's and Ed's offices have been swapped from this episode on, including the fireplace.
|34||10||"The Help"||John Pasquin||Ed Yeager||January 18, 2013||2ATP13||6.62|
|Mike and Vanessa hire a new housekeeper, Blanca (Carla Jimenez), but her presence has Eve, Mandy and Boyd becoming a lot more lazy. Mike and Ed check on the loading dock workers of Outdoor Man, to see if they are legally allowed to work there.|
|35||11||"Mike's Pole"||John Pasquin||Vince Calandra||February 1, 2013||2ATP11||6.92|
|Eve joins the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps and becomes overly patriotic, forcing Mike to wake up before dawn every day to put up their new American flag on a flag pole in the Baxter front yard. Vanessa is also concerned over Eve's newfound military interest, scared that it might make her join the actual military. Mike is upset after learning that Ryan refuses to have Boyd learn or recite the Pledge of Allegiance at his school.|
|36||12||"Quarterback Boyfriend"||John Pasquin||Sid Youngers||February 8, 2013||2ATP09||7.29|
|Mike gets Greg Archer (Bryce Durfee), the local high school's star quarterback, a job at Outdoor Man. Mike later learns that Greg is a prima donna and refuses to do any work at the store, leaving Kyle to do all the work by himself. Mike is worried about Mandy's romantic interest in Greg and tries to warn her that he may not be what he seems, but Vanessa insists that Mike let Mandy discover this on her own. Mike also teaches Eve about hunting gophers and rabbits. Kristin and Ryan begin to develop old feelings for each other.|
|37||13||"What's in a Name?"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||February 15, 2013||2ATP14||6.74|
|Mike is upset after finding out that Boyd is using Ryan's last name, Vogelson, instead of the Baxter last name. Mike and Ryan then compete by each crafting a car for the annual father-son pinewood derby race, with Boyd picking the car he wants to race with. The Inglorious Baxters reunite to film a new viral music video for Valentine's Day.|
|38||14||"Buffalo Bill Day"||John Pasquin||Julie Larson||February 22, 2013||2ATP10||6.04|
|Mike directs a small skit at the Outdoor Man store to celebrate the birthday of Buffalo Bill. However, Boyd being involved in the skit rubs Ryan the wrong way, as he feels the script contains material that is offensive to Native Americans. Matters become even worse, when Ryan draws up legal papers to spend time with Boyd. Mandy decides to make romantic moves on Kyle, despite that the fact that Kyle and Kristin previously dated.|
|39||15||"Breaking Curfew"||John Pasquin||Vince Calandra||March 1, 2013||2ATP15||7.05|
|Mike sees Mandy sneaking into the house past her curfew, and begins to think that Kyle and Mandy's relationship has become sexual. Kristin is reluctant to tell Boyd that she and Ryan are now dating.|
|40||16||"Private Coach"||John Pasquin||Ed Yeager||March 8, 2013||2ATP16||6.96|
|The women fawn over Octavio (Ezequiel Stremiz), Eve's new assistant soccer coach, whom Mike hires to give Eve private lessons. However, Mike and Octavio soon disagree on how to coach Eve. Mandy is bothered by Kyle not getting jealous when he catches her staring at Octavio. In the ensuing argument, Kyle mistakenly calls her "Kristin".|
|41||17||"The Fight"||John Pasquin||Michael Shipley||March 15, 2013||2ATP17||6.43|
|Ryan punches a drunk Bill McKendree, after he pesters Boyd at a baseball game. This especially bothers Ryan, due to his pacifist beliefs. Mike and Vanessa take away Mandy's cell phone and laptop, until she gets her history grade up. Mandy then discovers that she can "chat" using Mike's ham radio in the basement.|
|42||18||"College Girl"||John Pasquin||Sarah Jane Cunningham & Suzie V. Freeman||March 22, 2013||2ATP18||7.85|
Kristin is shocked to hear that Mandy has been accepted into not one, but two colleges, causing her to re-evaluate where she is in her own life. This is further reinforced when Kristin runs into a previous co-worker from the diner named John Baker (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) who now owns a hip new restaurant. Eve gets help preparing for her Junior ROTC drills from neighbor and former Marine, Chuck Larabee. Meanwhile, Mandy's choice of an expensive college in Laguna Beach, California does not sit well with Mike and Vanessa, and Mike lets out a secret to Mandy that Ed pulled some strings to get her accepted there.
Note: Tim Allen and Jonathan Taylor Thomas worked together as father and son on the 1990s sitcom, Home Improvement. This makes Thomas the second Home Improvement regular (after Richard Karn) to appear on Last Man Standing.
Season 3 (2013–14)
On May 10, 2013, the series was renewed for a third season, it premiered on September 20, 2013. Beginning this season, at the start of each episode a different cast member narrates that the series is recorded in front of a live studio audience. Duck Dynasty stars Willie Robertson and Si Robertson guest starred in the season premiere, "Back to School". Jonathan Taylor Thomas reprised his role as John Baker in the episode "Ryan v. John Baker". Thomas also made his directorial debut, directing the episode "Haunted House"; it was the first episode of series not directed by John Pasquin. Petty Officer First Class Raymond McKnight guest starred in the episode "Elfie".
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|43||1||"Back to School"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||September 20, 2013||3ATP01||6.67|
|Mike disagrees with Kristin and Ryan about Boyd attending the bilingual elementary school in their neighborhood. Mike offers to have Boyd co-located at the Baxter home so that he can qualify to attend their local school with smaller class sizes. An ulterior motive is also revealed: Mike misses having Boyd around. Mandy starts a college philosophy course, which starts to affect Kyle's outlook on life.|
|44||2||"Driving Lessons"||John Pasquin||Mike Teverbaugh||September 27, 2013||3ATP02||5.73|
|Mike arranges for Vanessa to give Eve driving lessons, feeling that they do not spend enough time together. Mandy dislikes the fact that Mike makes Kyle do household chores whenever he arrives at the house to spend time with her.|
|45||3||"Pledging"||John Pasquin||Michael Shipley||October 4, 2013||3ATP03||6.22|
|Vanessa encourages Mandy to join the sorority at her college, but Mandy's time commitment to the sorority gives her an excuse to skip her classes. Vanessa tells Mandy it may be time to move on from Kyle in order to get the "full" college experience. Inspired by an Undercover Boss-type show, Ed goes undercover at the Outdoor Man loading dock to investigate why the area's performance has not been up to par.|
|46||4||"Ryan v. John Baker"||John Pasquin||Ed Yeager||October 11, 2013||3ATP04||6.03|
|Ryan and his fellow beer truck drivers are on strike. Frustrated over the negotiations, he spews some anti-management hate in front of Kristin's boss, John. Kristin is mad and embarrassed, and almost kisses John when they are alone. Ryan later says that his management met their pay demands but not some others, so he broke off the talks. Kristin is furious and tells him not to come home. So Ryan accepts a night janitor job at Outdoor Man to help Kristin make ends meet. Meanwhile, Mike tries to teach Eve how to be stealthy.|
|47||5||"Haunted House"||Jonathan Taylor Thomas||Amy Mass||October 18, 2013||3ATP05||6.19|
|Vanessa takes over the PTA haunted house responsibility from Kristin for Boyd's school Halloween party. Vanessa's designs end up scaring Boyd, and she considers a less scary plan until Mike steps in and says Boyd needs to learn how to face his fears. Meanwhile, Mandy and Eve's constant exchange of insults winds up hurting both of their feelings.|
|48||6||"Larabee for School Board"||John Pasquin||Vince Calandra||November 1, 2013||3ATP06||6.36|
|Carol Larabee runs for the school board and asks Vanessa to put her campaign sign on their front lawn. Mike is reluctant to do so, and becomes a suspect when the sign keeps getting stolen. Ultimately, Mike is supportive when he learns that Carol's ideas on cost-cutting mirror his own, while Vanessa withdraws her support after Carol says she would cut an after school art program. Kyle becomes jealous when Ed takes Ryan out for lunch. Eve gets dating advice from Mandy and Kristin, and says she likes Kristin's idea even though it is essentially the same advice Mandy gave her moments before. When the boy she likes shuns her, Eve ultimately goes to Mandy for advice on how to win the boy back.|
|49||7||"Shoveling Snow"||John Pasquin||Mike Haukom||November 8, 2013||3ATP07||6.22|
|Eve's neighborhood snow shoveling business is threatened by Phil Munroe (Larry Joe Campbell), one of the Baxter's neighbors, who starts his own business using a snow blower. Mike's market-driven advice to Eve conflicts with Vanessa, who feels sorry for Phil after learning that he recently lost his accounting job. Meanwhile, Mandy pretends to be single so she can earn bigger tips at the diner, and asks Kyle to stop showing her affection when he comes in.|
|50||8||"Vanessa Fixes Kyle"||John Pasquin||Kevin Abbott||November 15, 2013||3ATP09||6.15|
|After previously suggesting that Mandy break up with Kyle to date college guys, Vanessa tries make amends with Kyle by building his self-esteem and tricking Ed into giving him a job as a boat salesman at Outdoor Man. Although Kyle turns out to be a successful salesman, he does not enjoy it, but Ed and Mike discover another role for him. Meanwhile, Eve is stuck babysitting Boyd, much to her dislike.|
|51||9||"Thanksgiving"||Ted Wass||Vince Calandra||November 22, 2013||3ATP08||6.21|
|Mike's father Bud visits for Thanksgiving, and announces that his other son, Jim, has kicked him out of his own construction business. He now plans to open up a marijuana store (now that it is about to be legalized in Colorado), and says he wants Mike's marketing expertise, but Mike is reluctant because of the message it sends to their children. Meanwhile, Boyd is doing a school project that has him videotaping his aunts and grandparents on why they are thankful, but the results are not what Kristin wants Boyd's teacher to see. Ryan is eagerly watching the Thanksgiving football game because he has bet on the Detroit Lions with a co-worker, despite knowing nothing about football. Eve is not thankful to have to share a small table with Boyd. Mandy is unhappy that Kyle may not be able to make it to the Baxters for dinner.|
|52||10||"Spanking"||John Pasquin||Miriam Tragdon & Gracie Charters||December 6, 2013||3ATP10||6.27|
|Tension arises when Bud says that, while babysitting, he spanked Boyd once on the rear after he refused to clean up his mess. A day later, Kristin spanks Boyd and blames it on Vanessa spanking her a few times during childhood. But Kristin soon realizes that Ryan's method of bribing Boyd with ice cream is not working either. Meanwhile, Mandy buys Kyle a hat that he does not really want to wear, so Ed and Mike convince him that the hat is Mandy's way of "marking her property".|
|53||11||"Elfie"||Ted Wass||Story by : Maisie Culver |
Teleplay by : Bryan Larrivee & D.J. Ryan
|December 13, 2013||3ATP11||6.27|
|Conflict arises over the way Boyd should be celebrating Christmas; Mike and Vanessa want to continue their traditions featuring Jesus, Santa Claus, and Santa's helper, "Elfie", while atheist Ryan wants to celebrate every seasonal tradition from around the world except Christmas. Meanwhile, Mandy wants only money for Christmas, so that she can spend it on what she wants without the hassle of returning gifts for cash. Her attitude changes when she meets Blanca's niece, whose father is a soldier stationed in Afghanistan. Mandy then surprises everyone by using the money to bring the girl's father home.|
|54||12||"All About Eve"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||January 10, 2014||3ATP12||7.18|
|When Eve shares some of Mike's conservative vlogs on her social media page, she becomes a target of ridicule and hate from her overwhelmingly liberal classmates. Meanwhile, a police officer who has set up speed traps in the neighborhood is making life miserable for several of the Baxters, except Mandy, whom he lets off with a warning due to her flirting with him.|
|55||13||"Breaking Boyd"||John Pasquin||Lisa K. Nelson||January 17, 2014||3ATP13||6.22|
|After several incidents of misbehavior at school, Boyd is sent to a therapist who prescribes medication for ADHD. Mike, Vanessa and Ryan all convince Kristin that Boyd is too young for the medication, and they try alternate methods. Mike builds a hockey rink in the backyard, and his method of having Boyd burn off excess energy seems to work. Meanwhile, Mandy secretly takes Boyd's pills and passes all of her final exams, causing Mike and Vanessa to believe that she actually has ADHD.|
|56||14||"Renaming Boyd's School"||John Pasquin||Jonathan Haller||January 24, 2014||3ATP14||6.34|
|William Clark Elementary (Boyd's school, named after the explorer) is in danger of having its name changed, after Boyd, with Ryan's help, writes a report that says Clark owned slaves. Vanessa and Mike both want the name to remain, but for different reasons. To Vanessa's surprise, Carol Larabee supports keeping the name because money would be wasted on changing the sign and painting over a Lewis & Clark mural that was Vanessa's pet project when she was PTA president. Meanwhile, Blanca helps Mandy sew her first dress for her fashion design class assignment.|
|57||15||"Tasers"||John Pasquin||Sid Youngers||January 31, 2014||3ATP15||6.92|
|Mike gives Vanessa a taser for Valentine's Day, as it is a holiday that he does not really believe in, but he secretly sends her a large bouquet of roses, too. When the roses show up at the Baxter home with no card, however, Kristin thinks they are from her boss John, which creates an awkward moment at work. Eve has three boys at school that like her compete for the position of "Eve's Boyfriend". She eventually falls for Justin (Tye Sheridan), the one guy who will not play along, much to the chagrin of Andrew (Zachary Gordon), who worships her. Elsewhere, Kyle carves a bar of soap into Mandy's favorite bird for a Valentine's Day gift.|
|58||16||"Stud Muffin"||Ted Wass||Tim Doyle||February 28, 2014||3ATP16||6.37|
|Muffin, the Baxters' dog, appears to have knocked up the Larabees' prized German shepherd, Lady. When Mike goes to the Larabee home to tell Chuck that he plans to take care of any financial obligations, he learns from Carol that Chuck moved out a week ago. This upsets Vanessa, who just talked to Carol the day before and heard nothing about it. Meanwhile, Mandy dents a parked car while driving with Eve and does not leave a note for the car's owner, so Eve leaves one for her. Eve then learns that the vehicle's owner, Jerry (Maz Jobrani), who runs an electronics store, was so impressed with Mandy's honesty, he rewarded her with an iPad.|
|59||17||"Eve's Boyfriend"||John Pasquin||Mike Haukom||March 7, 2014||3ATP18||6.38|
|Eve confides to Vanessa that her boyfriend Justin is very religious and has taken a purity pledge. Vanessa leaks the info to Mike, which annoys Eve while making Mike surprisingly more suspicious of Justin. Eve then tells her sisters that Justin will be with her on a weekend away at Junior ROTC camp, and Kristin feels it is her duty to tell their parents. Mike and Vanessa then tell Eve she must stay home, but she sneaks out of the house. It turns out they've all misinterpreted Eve's intentions – she does not even want Justin at camp because he was a last-minute replacement and will drag her team down in the competitions.|
|60||18||"Project Mandy"||John Pasquin||Mike Haukom||March 28, 2014||3ATP17||6.47|
|After displaying her designs at a class fashion show, Mandy decides to drop out of college to pursue her dreams. Mike and Vanessa are strongly against the idea, then run afoul of Bud after he gives Mandy $5,000 in seed money. When Mike sees that Mandy has over 80 online orders already and is actually running her start-up smartly, buying close-outs from discount stores for material, he changes his tune. For her part, Mandy decides to stay in school and take some "marketing and businessing" classes.|
|61||19||"Hard-Ass Teacher"||Jonathan Taylor Thomas||Mike Teverbaugh||April 4, 2014||3ATP19||6.30|
|Eve reveals she will be pursuing acceptance into West Point Academy, and is worried about her poor grade in Geometry. She asks Vanessa to sign a schedule change form so she can get out of the class taught by the notoriously tough Mr. Hardin (Michael Gross) and into an easier one, but Mike thinks she should learn to face difficult situations head-on. At Outdoor Man, Wendi Gracin (Joely Fisher), a smothering mother, convinces Ed to give her slacker son a summer job at the store. Wendi and Ed then begin dating.|
|62||20||"Parenting Bud"||John Pasquin||Vince Calandra||April 11, 2014||3ATP20||5.90|
|After Bud gets mugged and the attacker takes a stash of the store's pot, Mike wants to get his father a handgun. But Bud is strictly against it, so Mike finds another way to help through a new business that Chuck Larabee has started. Mike also feels left out when Chuck, Ed and Bud all swap war stories. Meanwhile, all the Baxter girls reveal that they think Vanessa is a pushover.|
|63||21||"April, Come She Will"||John Pasquin||Kevin Hench||April 18, 2014||3ATP21||5.39|
|April, Vanessa's flighty sister returns, this time saying she wants to have a child but is no longer fertile. She asks Mike and Vanessa for $6,000 to purchase a donor egg, but after some deliberation, Vanessa declines. Mandy then offers to donate one of her eggs, which upsets her parents. Meanwhile, Mike has Kyle follow Chuck Larabee around the Outdoor Man store as a "prank profiling", but later realizes his prank was not very funny.|
|64||22||"Mutton Busting"||Tim Doyle||Michael Shipley||April 25, 2014||3ATP22||6.10|
|Mike wants Boyd to participate in the Outdoor Man-sponsored mutton busting competition to build his confidence. Ryan actually agrees but runs into trouble trying to convince an overprotective Kristin. Meanwhile, Eve's boyfriend Justin does not want her to wear her JROTC uniform to the prom. His insistence on her wearing a dress leads to a fight, and Eve ends up going to prom with the nerdy Andrew instead. At the end of the episode, it is revealed that Kristin and Ryan are engaged.|
Season 4 (2014–15)
On May 10, 2014, ABC renewed Last Man Standing for a fourth season, which premiered on October 3, 2014. Both Jordan Masterson and Jonathan Adams were promoted to the main cast this season. Patricia Richardson, Tim Allen's former Home Improvement co-star, guest starred in the episode "Helen Potts", playing the episode's titular character. Richardson is the third Home Improvement cast member to guest star on Last Man Standing after both Richard Karn and Jonathan Taylor Thomas guest starred previously. Thomas also made a cameo appearance at the end of the "Helen Potts" episode, not as John Baker (the character he previously played on Last Man Standing), but as Helen's son Randy, a reference to his character from Home Improvement. On April 3, 2015, Allen and Héctor Elizondo guest starred on the fellow ABC sitcom Cristela as their Last Man Standing characters in the episode "Last Goose Standing", which aired after "Restaurant Opening".
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|65||1||"Here's the Kicker"||John Pasquin||Michael Shipley||October 3, 2014||4ATP01||6.91|
|After kicking a field goal during a halftime promotion that wins her a new Camaro, Eve is asked to be the new placekicker for her high school football team. This creates a rift between Mike, who is eager for Eve to join the team, and Vanessa, who fears that Eve will get hurt. It also complicates the relationship between Eve and her boyfriend Justin, a benchwarmer on the team, after Eve becomes the hero in the next game by kicking the winning field goal.|
|66||2||"War Games"||Victor Gonzalez||Kevin Hench||October 3, 2014||4ATP02||6.91|
|Boyd gets in trouble at a friend's house for using "finger guns", which both Mike and Kristin find ridiculous while Ryan supports the friend's mother. Ryan gets further upset that Mike has taught Boyd to shoot guns and sometimes lets him watch violent movies. Things come to a head when Mike lets Boyd leave a kiddie carnival at Outdoor Man to play "splatball", and Ryan learns that Kristin keeps a gun in their apartment. Meanwhile, Mandy agrees to make a little black dress for Vanessa who is meeting up with her still attractive college classmates.|
|67||3||"Rediscover America"||Victor Gonzalez||Vince Calandra||October 10, 2014||4ATP03||6.62|
|Wendi convinces Ed that Mike is getting too much credit for the success of Outdoor Man, after Mike appears on the cover of Denver Business Weekly. So Ed nixes Mike's idea for a Columbus Day boat sale, and also cancels his related vlog. Mike does the vlog anyway, but has a surprise in store for Ed. Elsewhere, the Baxter girls tell Eve she is representing all women in school sports after her name appears in the local paper, causing a nervous Eve to miss a crucial field goal in her team's next game.|
|68||4||"Sinkhole"||Joel Murray||Vince Calandra||October 17, 2014||4ATP05||6.79|
|While Mike is driving Boyd in the truck, he just avoids falling into a massive sinkhole in the road, making Boyd afraid to leave the house. When Ryan blames the fracking that Vanessa's company is doing for a large increase in sinkholes, and he disagrees with Mike's assurances to Boyd that God protects them, that only scares Boyd even more.|
|69||5||"School Merger"||John Pasquin||Mike Teverbaugh||October 24, 2014||4ATP06||6.18|
|The Larabees visit the Baxter home, and Carol discusses a local election ballot proposal to close Taft High—a failing school—and merge it with better-performing schools. She approves, but is concerned that programs like art and music might be cut as a consequence, without extra funding. Since that would raise property taxes, Mike and Chuck are against the proposal, but Eve favors it, because she does not like art and worries that her low grade will hurt her chances to get into West Point. Meanwhile, Vanessa has become dissatisfied with her job and is thinking of leaving it. She is further encouraged in this when Ryan dresses up Boyd for Halloween as "the scariest thing on earth": a lump of coal. When the school proposal fails to pass, Vanessa announces that she wants to take up teaching science at Taft. This amuses Chuck, until Carol reveals she has decided to relinquish her school board position and go back to teaching at Taft.|
|70||6||"Mike Advises Mandy"||John Pasquin||Ed Yeager||October 31, 2014||4ATP04||6.71|
|Mike advises Mandy on how to use re-branding to boost sales on her website, after he finds out that she has not been paying taxes. Vanessa grows concerned upon learning that Bud is going to Reno with a married woman, while Mike is not happy that Bud asked Kristin to look after the pot store for a couple of days. Meanwhile, Ed has let a vendor talk him into buying a thousand six-man tents to sell at Outdoor Man, and now he cannot get rid of them.|
|71||7||"Big Shots"||John Pasquin||Joey Gutierrez||November 7, 2014||4ATP07||6.67|
|Mike gets caught between Kristin and Ryan when Boyd gets chicken pox and Kristin reveals he was never vaccinated. After reading up, Ryan considers getting Boyd vaccinated behind Kristin's back. Elsewhere, Eve beats Kyle in a shooting-gallery game, knocking off his previously highest score, but he tells Mandy that he let Eve win because she is such a bad loser; Eve's obnoxious boasting pushes Mandy to tell her what Kyle said, so Eve demands a rematch.|
|72||8||"Risky Behavior"||John Pasquin||Mike Haukom||November 14, 2014||4ATP08||7.07|
|After Kyle takes a spill off his motorbike, Mandy is so concerned she tries to convince him to sell the bike, while Ed becomes worried about Outdoor Man's employee healthcare insurance. Meanwhile, Eve gets frustrated with her football coach's play-calling and decides on her own to run a fake field goal; while the play results in a touchdown, the coach benches Eve for the next game.|
|73||9||"Changing Light Bulbs"||Ted Wass||Lisa K. Nelson||November 21, 2014||4ATP09||7.10|
|After Mike's last 75-watt incandescent light bulb burns out, he and Chuck go on a mission to find some more on the black market. Meanwhile, Mandy announces that she will be moving out of the house and into her own apartment. However, she does not tell her parents that Kyle will be moving in with her.|
|74||10||"Outdoor Man Grill"||Ted Wass||Tim Doyle||December 5, 2014||4ATP10||6.66|
|Mike wants to go forward with an idea to start a wild game restaurant under the Outdoor Man name. He asks Kristin if she would leave her job and manage the new endeavor, but she says that working with her father might ruin their relationship. In reality, she is afraid to take the risk, feeling that Ryan's job does not provide enough of a safety net. Meanwhile, Mandy needs to acquire more pheasant feathers for her hat designs, so she goes hunting with Eve.|
|75||11||"Wedding Planning"||Robbie Countryman||Matt Berry||December 12, 2014||4ATP11||5.99|
|Mike and Vanessa give Kristin and Ryan a $20,000 check for their wedding. While the parents think it is understood that the ceremony will be in the Baxter family's church followed by a big reception, Ryan and Kristin announce that they've planned a small ceremony in the park with a Native American official. Kristin says they would rather use the money to pay down Ryan's student loan debt. Surprisingly, it is Vanessa, not Mike, who then wants to retract the check. Elsewhere, Kyle wants to join Ed's weekly poker game, and tries to get Ed to teach him how to play.|
|76||12||"Helen Potts"||John Pasquin||Amy Mass||January 9, 2015||4ATP13||8.60|
|When Mike complains about Chuck's dog barking in the wee hours of the morning, Chuck blames it on his neighbor Helen Potts (Patricia Richardson) running her tile saw. Mike confronts Helen, and finds that she has numerous household projects going since her husband left. In a nod to Tim Taylor (Tim Allen's character on Home Improvement who played opposite Richardson's Jill Taylor), she explains that her ex's home improvements were frequently disasters. Mike's annoyance with Helen worsens when she and Vanessa become friends. Elsewhere, Eve wants to interview Ed for a school project on the Vietnam War, but is disappointed when she learns that Ed was in the clerical pool and did not see combat. She changes her tune when she sees that Ed is still helping veterans to this day.|
|77||13||"Mike Hires Chuck"||John Pasquin||Mike Haukom||January 16, 2015||4ATP12||6.88|
|After an Outdoor Man billboard touting Ed's recent humanitarian award is vandalized, Mike wants to hire Chuck's security company to protect it. But Vanessa does not want Mike to mix business with friendship, because she is counting on a teaching recommendation from Carol. But Chuck persuades Ed to hire him. Meanwhile, Mandy is studying the works of Maimonides for a philosophy class, and she is inspired to do extra chores around the house, but anonymously. However, her principles are put to the test when Vanessa assumes Eve did the chores and makes a big show of praising her, and Eve does not correct her, preferring to taunt Mandy with it; but then it backfires on Eve.|
|78||14||"Eve's Breakup"||John Pasquin||Michael Shipley||January 30, 2015||4ATP14||7.51|
|Eve announces she has broken up with Justin and Vanessa worries that she may be devastated, but Eve insists it is no big deal. Ed invites Mike and Chuck over to watch the Denver Nuggets game on his massive new flat screen TV, and Mike brings Eve along. It turns out Ed has conned the gang into helping him set up the TV. While there, Eve discusses how she broke up with Justin, and the guys say it was very cold. Eve starts to wonder if she may be a cold, unfeeling person. Meanwhile, Mandy is surprised to learn that Kyle continued to pursue Kristin for six months after their breakup.|
|79||15||"Big Brother"||John Pasquin||Lisa K. Nelson||February 6, 2015||4ATP15||7.23|
|Kyle is off to Las Vegas for a bachelor party, and Mandy reminds him of their "agreement" that he can take the weekend off from being her boyfriend. When the neighborhood cat disappears, Vanessa is blamed because a neighbor's security camera caught footage of her spraying it with a hose. After the Baxters' mailbox is vandalized in retaliation, Mike asks Chuck to let him review some of his security footage so he can find the culprit. However, while watching the video footage, he catches Mandy kissing a guy who is not Kyle.|
|80||16||"Three Sundays"||Victor Gonzalez||Vince Calandra||February 20, 2015||4ATP16||6.58|
|Kyle asks Ed if he can end their Sunday morning walk-throughs of the store so he can attend church services, and cannot understand when Ed refuses. Mike gets to the root of Ed's stern attitude and learns that Wendi miscarried her and Ed's baby. Meanwhile, Ryan criticizes organized religion by way of a selfie on social media, and gets suspended at work because of it. Mike surprisingly puts his personal beliefs aside and stands up for Ryan's right to free speech.|
|81||17||"Kyle's Friend"||Victor Gonzalez||Joey Gutierrez||February 27, 2015||4ATP17||7.35|
|A homeless man named Dave who used to sleep on the Outdoor Man loading dock has gone missing, and Kyle, who had befriended the man, worries about him. When Dave reappears, Kyle offers him a place to stay, but his friend takes advantage of his kindness. Meanwhile, Mandy wants her parents to give her a car for her 21st birthday. But while she accompanies Kyle to a homeless shelter, Mandy meets a young mother who changes her perspective.|
|82||18||"Mandy's Party"||Victor Gonzalez||Matt Berry||March 13, 2015||4ATP18||6.94|
|Ed has given Mike and Vanessa a suite at a luxury hotel in Vail for their anniversary and they leave Mandy in charge of the house. When they return early, because of a snowstorm, and discover evidence of a party at the house with alcohol and underage guests, they assume it was Mandy's party and she does take responsibility for it. But later they find out it was actually Eve's party. Eve is puzzled why Mandy took the blame. While reviewing plans for the Outdoor Man Grill with Ed, Kristin begins to get nervous about her upcoming wedding after Ed tells her about his four failed marriages.|
|83||19||"Summer Internship"||Victor Gonzalez||Maisie Culver||March 20, 2015||4ATP19||6.97|
|Mandy is ecstatic when she lands her dream summer internship at DKNY in New York City, only to sadly announce later that due to her GPA dropping down, she lost it. However, even after Mike helps her get another internship in New York, she tells her parents she will not take it. Mike and Vanessa eventually discover that Mandy never lost the first internship and the reason she does not want to go is because Kyle offered to follow her there.|
|84||20||"Restaurant Opening"||Victor Gonzalez||Gracie Charters||April 3, 2015||4ATP20||6.56|
|The Outdoor Man Grill has its soft opening and is a great success. However, things get heated when Ed keeps overruling Kristin's management decisions and she tells him to stop interfering. Meanwhile, after Mandy suggests to Eve that her best friend Cammy has a crush on her that is "more than friendly", Eve becomes uncomfortable and tries to distance herself from Cammy.|
|85||21||"Vanessa Fixes Up Eve"||Tim Doyle||Ed Yeager||April 10, 2015||4ATP21||6.44|
|Vanessa embarrasses Mandy when she starts hanging out with her and her friends at college, and then sets up Eve with Logan, a 16-year-old science prodigy in one of her college classes. While this is going on, the Larabees suspect that their son Brandon is secretly dating Eve, which mortifies Vanessa when they tell her after she had set up Eve with Logan.|
|86||22||"Daddy Dearest"||Robbie Countryman||Mike Teverbaugh||April 17, 2015||4ATP22||6.16|
|Ryan's father Victor (Jere Burns) comes to visit before the wedding and Ryan reveals to the Baxters that his father is terminally ill. However, Victor later tells Mike that he was misdiagnosed and he has not revealed the truth because Ryan finally wants to spend time with him. Meanwhile, with most of the Baxters' relatives declining to attend the wedding, Vanessa is desperate to fill their side of the church.|
Season 5 (2015–16)
On May 10, 2015, Last Man Standing was renewed for a fifth season. At the start of this season, the practice of a cast member narrating at the start of each episode that "the series is recorded in front of a live studio audience" is discontinued. Jay Leno guest starred as Joe Leonard, a mechanic in the episodes "The Road Less Driven", "Mike and the Mechanics" and the season finale "The Shortcut". Patricia Richardson reprised her role as Helen Potts in the episode "Tanks for the Memories". Bill Engvall guest starred in the episode "The Marriage Doctor", reuniting with his Bill Engvall Show co-star Nancy Travis.
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|87||1||"The Wolf Returns"||John Pasquin||Michael Shipley||September 25, 2015||5ATP01||6.27|
|Mike returns home from a two-month road trip traveling to far-flung places for Outdoor Man, and finds that Vanessa has redecorated their room while Mandy and Eve are fighting more than usual. Frustrated, he considers going on the road more, hurting Vanessa's feelings. Ed is heartbroken after Wendi left him for spending too much time at work, and he stays at the Outdoor Man store with a tornado headed toward Denver. Meanwhile, Kristin keeps putting off her honeymoon with Ryan because she has finally found a job she enjoys, but the tornado makes her reconsider what is important. Mandy reveals she lied about how great things went during her internship in New York City.|
|88||2||"Free Range Parents"||Victor Gonzalez||Ed Yeager||October 2, 2015||5ATP02||6.55|
|When picking Boyd up from school becomes too much of a hassle, Mike tries to convince Ryan to allow him to walk six blocks to the Baxters' home. Ryan seemingly agrees, but later he is caught hiding in the bushes near the school and having a GPS device in Boyd's jacket. Meanwhile, Vanessa is excited to see the new Ryan Gosling movie with Mandy and Eve, but both of them already saw the movie and try to keep it a secret from her. At Outdoor Man, Ed and Kyle decide to discontinue the children's section and use the area to market products to "Doomsday Preppers".|
|89||3||"Ping-pong"||Victor Gonzalez||Kevin Hench||October 9, 2015||5ATP04||6.35|
|Worried that Mike will lose contact with Mandy after she moves out, Vanessa encourages him to find something he has in common with her. Mike is initially skeptical, but reconsiders when Ed wonders aloud if he should contact his long-estranged daughter, Maria. After Mike and Mandy cannot find any shared interests, they attempt to revive their old tradition of Saturday ping-pong games. While this is going on, Vanessa tries to convince Eve to support Hillary Clinton so there will be a female president, but Eve doesn't think she should support a candidate whose policies she does not agree with just because she is a woman.|
|90||4||"Educating Boyd"||Victor Gonzalez||Mike Haukom||October 16, 2015||5ATP05||6.58|
|After Boyd gets suspended for acting out in class, Mike tells Ryan that he should consider taking Boyd out of public school. Mike even offers to pay for private school, but Ryan wants to homeschool Boyd instead. Vanessa, frustrated by her job as an inner city school teacher, wants to teach Boyd herself and implies she is more qualified than Ryan. Kyle and Kristen try to capture a raccoon that is loose at the Outdoor Man Grill. Meanwhile, Eve takes pictures of Mandy working at her sewing machine for a class project, which Mandy does not want anyone to see because she had no makeup on and was not able to dress up for the pictures.|
|91||5||"The Road Less Driven"||John Pasquin||Jon Haller||October 23, 2015||5ATP06||7.16|
|It is Mike's birthday and Vanessa gives him a 1967 Impala, but Mike starts to get annoyed when the previous owner, Joe Leonard (Jay Leno), constantly shows up at the house with spare parts and advice. Mike begins to think Joe is lying about an original transmission in his possession in order to spend time together with him and the car, so Mike asks Chuck and Kyle to help him look for it at Joe's tricked out garage. Meanwhile, Mandy becomes enraged when Vanessa lets Eve go to a concert in Santa Fe, and begins to believe that Eve gets special treatment because Vanessa loves her more.|
|92||6||"Halloween"||Victor Gonzalez||Mike Teverbaugh||October 30, 2015||5ATP03||6.94|
|On Halloween, Mike and Chuck decide they would rather watch college football than pass out candy to trick or treaters. Vanessa and Carol are annoyed by this and decide to play a prank on them, which leads to a prank war between the two factions. At Outdoor Man, Kyle dresses up like Ed for the holiday. Ed finds the costume flattering at first, but begins to feel insulted when Kyle's coworkers laugh at his "Ed" impersonations.|
|93||7||"The Dad Hat"||Victor Gonzalez||Maisie Culver||November 6, 2015||5ATP08||6.85|
|When the new Outdoor Man Grill in Dallas needs a consultant, Kristin volunteers for the job. However, Mike does not want her to do it, which leads to an argument over whether he is acting like her boss or her father. Mike later confides to Vanessa that he covered up for Kristin when she made numerous mistakes during the Denver restaurant opening. Meanwhile, Mandy and Kyle try to help Ed get back together with Wendi, but Ed is planning something else. While this is going on, Eve and Boyd test their fishing skills.|
|94||8||"The Big Sleepover"||Victor Gonzalez||Sid Youngers||November 13, 2015||5ATP09||7.47|
|After Eve's friend Cammy sleeps over at the Baxters' for a few days, Eve reveals that Cammy's parents moved out of the country for Doctors Without Borders and she has nowhere else to stay. Although they let her stay, Mike and Vanessa get annoyed by Cammy's presence and try to find somewhere else for her to go, namely the Larabees' after they learn that Carol actually likes Cammy. Meanwhile, Kristin has suppliers submit designs for new Outdoor Man Grill waitress uniforms and asks Mandy to take part. The two later fight when Mandy gives Kristin one design instead of the three she asked for and Kristin refuses to give Mandy the job because she didn't meet the requirements.|
|95||9||"The Gratitude List"||John Pasquin||Richard Brandon Manus||November 20, 2015||5ATP07||7.29|
|With Kristin working at the Outdoor Man Grill and Mandy spending the holiday with Kyle and his grandmother, Mike, Vanessa, and Eve will be the only ones in attendance at Thanksgiving dinner. Vanessa is determined to make it great since it will be the last one before Eve goes to college, but Eve disappoints her when she asks not to do their "goofy" tradition of writing the things they are thankful for on "The Gratitude List". Eve later apologizes to her mother, but Vanessa just gets more angry when she finds out Eve only apologized because Mike told her to do so. Meanwhile, Kristin finds out Mandy lied to their parents and Mandy and Kyle are actually eating dinner by themselves.|
|96||10||"The Puck Stops Here"||Victor Gonzalez||Kevin Hench||December 4, 2015||5ATP10||6.67|
|Ryan takes over coaching Boyd's hockey team when the previous coach gets arrested for tax evasion, but decides to quit when he feels he yells at the team too much. Chuck takes over and has a much softer coaching style, but Boyd prefers having Ryan as the coach and wants to quit the team. This forces Mike to try and convince Ryan to come back. Meanwhile, Vanessa tries to tutor Eve in chemistry and wonders why she is struggling. Mandy suggests it is because Eve has a crush on her lab partner.|
|97||11||"Gift of the Wise Man"||Robbie Countryman||Kevin Abbott||December 11, 2015||5ATP11||6.84|
|Mike decides to have the family help out with some things that Vanessa is struggling to get completed by Christmas because she's too busy with work. This backfires when Eve and Mandy make up stories about the family for their Christmas newsletter and Ryan sabotages the church Nativity scene. Meanwhile, Ed decides to retire from being Santa at Outdoor Man and picks Chuck to take over, much to Kyle's dismay.|
|98||12||"Polar Run"||Victor Gonzalez||Joey Gutierrez||January 8, 2016||5ATP12||7.33|
|When Mike and Vanessa make a bet on their annual Michigan-Ohio State alumni Polar Run, they both try to get Eve to join their teams. Mandy takes advantage of this and acts as Eve's agent to see who will give the best gifts. Meanwhile, Ed hires Wendi to be the new hostess at The Outdoor Man Grill, but she spends the entire time with Ed instead of working, much to Kristin's annoyance. On the day of the race, Eve tells her parents she was rejected by West Point.|
|99||13||"Mike and the Mechanics"||Robbie Countryman||Mike Haukom||January 15, 2016||5ATP13||6.99|
|Eve is still in a funk after getting rejected by West Point, so Mike brings her to Outdoor Man to show her other career options that she can pursue. Eve cheers up after spending the day in the service center with Joe, but shocks Mike and Vanessa by declaring she will not go to college at all, preferring to become a mechanic instead. Meanwhile, Kristin and Ryan invite Mandy and Kyle over to their apartment for dinner. Ryan and Kyle start to bond over their mutual love of graphic novels, but Kristin gets upset when Mandy has no interest in their spending time together.|
|100||14||"The Ring"||Victor Gonzalez||Ed Yeager||January 29, 2016||5ATP14||6.87|
|Ed wants to propose to Wendi and he asks Kyle to keep it a secret from Mike, while also giving Kyle the engagement ring to get it resized. When Mike catches Kyle holding the ring, he thinks Kyle is going to propose to Mandy. He tells Vanessa, who then tells Mandy right before she goes out to a special dinner with Kyle. After the misunderstanding is cleared up, Kyle reveals that he actually does want to propose to Mandy, but, to Mike's pleasant surprise, wants to be further along in his career before he does so. Mike gives Kyle his blessing and the two are officially engaged.|
|101||15||"Home Sweet Loan"||Victor Gonzalez||Dylan Tanous||February 5, 2016||5ATP15||6.66|
|When Kristin and Ryan are about to renew the lease on their apartment, Mike suggests that, with Kristin now earning more, they should buy a house instead. Mike manages to help them find an ideal home at a reasonable price that Kristin loves. However, Ryan claims the house doesn't have the right "vibe" and doesn't want to buy it. Mike is certain Ryan's attitude stems from not being the family breadwinner. Meanwhile, Mandy keeps kicking Eve out of the basement so that she can have her work space to herself. After each sister tries to get Kyle to take her side, Kyle discovers that Eve has been using the basement as a place to secretly write songs and play guitar.|
|102||16||"Eve's Band"||Jonathan Taylor Thomas||Michael Shipley||February 19, 2016||5ATP17||6.67|
|Mike thinks Eve's new rock band, with Cammy doing the singing, sounds terrible. He signs them up for an open mic night, hoping the bad reception will get them to stop playing. Instead, Eve goes on by herself when the other band members chicken out and the audience loves her performance. Meanwhile, Kristin and Ryan suspect that Boyd stole from the candy store and wait for him to confess. He finally does, but Ryan becomes furious when Boyd says he came clean because Kyle told him about his "friend," Jesus.|
|103||17||"Tanks for the Memories"||Victor Gonzalez||Mike Teverbaugh||February 26, 2016||5ATP16||6.87|
|Helen Potts has begun to sell her late husband's possessions and asks Mike and Vanessa to help her give some of the sold collectibles to one of the buyers (Robin Roberts). They agree but, when Mike discovers the items in question are miniature World War II tanks, he goes to extremes to make the collection his own. Meanwhile, a Yelp user named "Bubba X" has posted a negative review of the Outdoor Man Grill, especially in regard to Kristin's performance as hostess, so Ed invites Bubba X back for a free meal and a better experience. Kristin is determined to make the meal go perfectly, but then discovers "Bubba X" is Eve.|
|104||18||"He Shed She Shed"||Victor Gonzalez||Lisa K. Nelson||March 11, 2016||5ATP18||6.24|
|Mike is sick of Vanessa using his den for work, so he decides to build her a detached "she-shed" that she can use as an office. However, after the shed is assembled, Mike decides he wants it for himself and tries to trick Vanessa into not wanting it anymore. Meanwhile, Kristin is named Employee of the Month at Outdoor Man, which leads to perennial winner Kyle getting jealous and telling her that Ed fixed the vote in her favor.|
|105||19||"Outdoor Woman"||Victor Gonzalez||Pat Bullard||March 18, 2016||5ATP19||7.04|
|Ed wants Outdoor Man to sell a line of rock climbing gear owned by celebrity rock climber Billie Cassidy (Reba McEntire), who happens to be Mike's ex-college girlfriend. Billie agrees, but only under the condition that Mike comes along with her to do a promotional shoot for the campaign. Vanessa is upset by this, especially after she finds out Mike never actually broke up with Billie. Meanwhile, Kristin and Ryan are having a yard sale and ask Mandy to help them sell some old stuff from their apartment. Mandy agrees, but she becomes upset when she discovers that one of the items being sold is a teddy bear she gave Kristin that had special meaning.|
|106||20||"Tattoo"||Tim Allen||Gracie Charters||April 8, 2016||5ATP20||6.44|
|Vanessa is desperate to change her relationship with the girls from mother/daughter to friend/friend, so she decides to get a tattoo after Boyd tells her the three of them were talking about getting them. Meanwhile, Ryan tells the Outdoor Man staff he wants to learn how to camp because he knows Kristin enjoys it, so Ed has him take lessons from Kyle with disastrous results.|
|107||21||"The Marriage Doctor"||Tim Clark||Lisa K. Nelson||April 15, 2016||5ATP21||6.34|
|When going over their wedding plans, Kyle reveals he doesn't want to marry Mandy at the Baxters' church because the new minister, Reverend Paul (Bill Engvall), requires marriage therapy before wedding ceremonies. Mike tells Kyle to use him and Vanessa as a strong marriage example, but Kyle tells Reverend Paul about a recent argument Mike and Vanessa had over their vacation plans, so they end up in therapy instead. Meanwhile, Eve is required to take a liberal position in a debate for her government class. Ryan offers to help her with talking points, but uses the time to poke fun at Eve's conservative beliefs to teach her an important lesson.|
|108||22||"The Shortcut"||Victor Gonzalez||Matt Berry & Ed Yeager||April 22, 2016||5ATP22||5.94|
|After turning down a buyout offer for her clothing designs, Mandy decides that, in order to save money, she and Kyle will move in with Mike and Vanessa after they're married. Mike and Vanessa agree to have a one-week trial, thinking it will make the couple miserable, but they wind up enjoying Kyle's presence and take up all of his time, much to Mandy's dismay. Meanwhile, Ed plans a surprise dinner in honor of Mike's 25 years at Outdoor Man and asks a reluctant Joe and Chuck to come up with speeches to celebrate the occasion.|
Season 6 (2016–17)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|109||1||"Papa Bear"||Victor Gonzalez||Michael Shipley||September 23, 2016||6ATP01||5.95|
|The Outdoor Man Grill is getting ready to host its first Sunday brunch. Kristin has been working hard on it for days, but Ryan feels neglected because she has been spending all of her time at the restaurant preparing every little detail. Before the opening, Mike notices Kyle feeding some stray cats at the loading dock and tells him to stop and get back to work. Kyle forgets to close the door and a bear enters the warehouse, forcing Mike to try and keep everyone safe. Little do they know, the bear may actually be looking for something.|
|110||2||"Gameday Forecast: Showers"||Victor Gonzalez||Kevin Abbott||September 30, 2016||6ATP02||5.84|
|A wedding shower is planned for both Kyle and Mandy, which annoys Mike because it is at the same time as the Chargers-Broncos football game. To make sure he and the guys can watch the game without irritating the women, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate parties. The guys go to Ryan's, but Ryan insists they play party games to honor Kyle instead of watching football. When Kyle is reluctant to disagree with Mike, Ryan explains that he needs to earn Mike's respect by having his own opinions. Meanwhile, Ed insists his superstitious rituals are the reason the Broncos won the Super Bowl the previous season, so he crashes Mandy's shower to watch the game and has the Baxter girls repeat everything they did last year.|
|111||3||"Where There's Smoke, There's Ire"||Victor Gonzalez||Lisa K. Nelson||October 7, 2016||6ATP03||5.68|
|Mike and Vanessa discover that Mandy has started vaping and order her to stop. However, Vanessa decides to give it a try after getting stressed out by a looming teachers' strike, eventually working back up to smoking cigarettes even though she quit 30 years ago. Mike finds out and has to figure out how to get her to kick the habit. Meanwhile, Kristin and Ryan discover a built-in wall safe while they are renovating their basement and enlist Kyle to help them open it.|
|112||4||"Boyd Will Be Boyd"||Victor Gonzalez||Kevin Hench||October 14, 2016||6ATP04||5.65|
|It's Boyd's 10th birthday and Mike is eager to continue the family tradition of giving him a shotgun and taking him hunting. Ryan, who wants Boyd to have nothing to do with hunting or guns, gets Boyd the gun himself, convinced that, when his son sees an animal, he won't shoot. Ryan accompanies Mike and Boyd on their hunting trip and appears to be right, but things are not what they seem. Meanwhile, Vanessa tries to persuade Kyle to do a mother-son dance with her at his and Mandy's wedding.|
|113||5||"Trick or Treat"||Victor Gonzalez||Ed Yeager||October 21, 2016||6ATP06||6.44|
|Vanessa insists that the family finally have the Halloween party they've been suggesting for years and has a reluctant Mike decide the theme. Hoping to make everyone hate it so much that it will be the last party, Mike takes inspiration from Kyle's Ed costume of last year and has the whole family swap roles (Eve and Mandy, Kristin and Ryan, and Vanessa and Kyle), so that they'll make fun of each other. The plan works perfectly, but Mike starts to feel bad when he sees how disappointed Vanessa is at their behavior and feels worse when Chuck arrives and relays news from Carol that Vanessa has been laid off.|
|114||6||"A New Place for One of Our People"||Victor Gonzalez||Mike Teverbaugh||November 4, 2016||6ATP05||6.26|
|After spending the first few months of her gap year working at Outdoor Man, Eve decides to quit and dedicate her time to volunteering with an organization that builds affordable homes. Hearing that Eve plans to live off her graduation money and may extend her gap year convinces Mike that she doesn't understand the real world, so he decides to teach her a lesson by charging her for rent and food. This backfires when Eve decides to move out to live in Kristin's basement. Meanwhile, Kyle, inspired by an online story about a man who turned a paper clip into a house through bartering, attempts the same thing with a laser pointer so he can get Mandy a car as a wedding present. This concerns Ed, who thinks the story is a scam.|
|115||7||"Bridezilla vs. The Baxters"||Victor Gonzalez||Maisie Culver||November 11, 2016||6ATP07||6.34|
|The Baxters are getting ready for Kyle and Mandy's wedding, but Mandy has become a bridezilla and keeps getting more demanding and unbearable. When she refuses to allow Kyle and best man Ed to wear high-top sneakers with their tuxedos, Ed quits as best man, forcing Eve to take his place. When Mandy finally learns the story behind the high-top shoes, she realizes how selfish she's been and agrees to meet Kyle halfway on some of the wedding details.|
|116||8||"My Father the Car"||Victor Gonzalez||Jon Haller||November 18, 2016||6ATP08||6.55|
|Chuck's father has passed away and left him a vintage Chevrolet Corvair convertible that he wants to sell. Mike and Joe get into an argument over which one of them gets to buy it, which eventually leads to Mike discovering that Chuck has some unresolved feelings about his relationship with his father. Meanwhile, Kyle gives Vanessa a tacky Thanksgiving centerpiece that has been in his family for years, which she proceeds to accidentally break. Additionally, Eve, Kristin and Ryan face an awkward situation after the couple discovers Eve's new boyfriend stayed overnight in their basement.|
|117||9||"Precious Snowflake"||Victor Gonzalez||Mike Haukom||December 2, 2016||6ATP09||6.29|
|Mandy is on the committee that picks the commencement speaker for her business school's graduation and she asks Mike to do it. He agrees, but then finds out that the school requires his speech to be free of any microaggressions, like saying America is the land of opportunity. Being a huge free-speech advocate and thinking the college is suppressing ideas, Mike is angered and decides to go against the rules. Meanwhile, Cammy is home from college and tells Eve all about how great her life is. This leaves Eve, whose music career is going slowly, feeling jealous and discouraged.|
|118||10||"Help Wanted"||Victor Gonzalez||Sid Youngers||December 9, 2016||6ATP10||6.57|
|Since being laid off by the school district, Vanessa has been spending her time planning boring activities with the family and it is annoying them. Mike and Mandy try to help her get a new teaching job, but she keeps getting passed over in favor of younger candidates, causing her to think about getting plastic surgery in order to compete. Meanwhile, Ryan and Kyle argue over which one of them knows the most about zombies, so Eve presents the two with a hypothetical zombie apocalypse scenario and tests them on how they would survive.|
|119||11||"My Name is Rob"||Victor Gonzalez||Matt Berry||December 16, 2016||6ATP11||6.78|
|Mike and Vanessa find out about Eve's new boyfriend Rob and insist on having him over for brunch. Rob initially hits it off with them, but then Mike finds out he's a recovering alcoholic. This leaves Mike worried and, when he asks Eve how she feels about it, she later tells Mike she dumped Rob, which turns out to be a lie. Meanwhile, Mandy wants Kyle to get her an expensive watch for Christmas and asks Kristin to drop hints at him. When Kristin tries to do so, she discovers that Kyle actually made Mandy a present in his taxidermy class.|
|120||12||"Three Sisters"||Victor Gonzalez||Holly Hester||January 6, 2017||6ATP12||7.75|
|Eve asks her parents to take some money out of her college fund so that she can buy new recording equipment, but they refuse to do so. Kristin offers to front her the money instead, which causes Mike to accuse her of undercutting their parenting. Kristin then accuses him of spoiling Mandy by allowing her and Kyle to live at the Baxters' rent-free, which leads to an argument at dinner where the daughters accuse each other of being spoiled by their parents. Meanwhile, Kyle accidentally walks in on Ed naked, which makes him feel awkward. Ed tries to remedy the situation by taking Kyle with him to a steam room.|
|121||13||"Explorers"||Tim Clark||Mike Teverbaugh||January 13, 2017||6ATP13||7.17|
|As Mike and his friends are preparing for their colonoscopy exams, Outdoor Man receives an offer to submit an artifact to a renowned museum. Ed is excited because this is an honor he's wanted his whole life, but tensions rise when he intends to submit a 1,000 year old spearhead under his own name even though Mike actually found it. Meanwhile, with Ryan and Boyd on a trip to Canada, Kristin proposes that the sisters have a slumber party like the ones they had when they were younger. Mandy and Eve agree, but things don't go as planned when Vanessa crashes the party.|
|122||14||"A House Divided"||Victor Gonzalez||Michael Shipley||January 20, 2017||6ATP14||6.93|
|Mike and Vanessa are getting sick of newlywed Mandy and Kyle's overt displays of affection. When they ask them to tone it down, Mandy agrees on the condition that Mike and Vanessa do the same. This doesn't work, so Mandy and Kyle decide to fix the problem by getting their own place to live, which Vanessa doesn't want them to do. Meanwhile, Kristin hires Eve to perform at the Grill so she doesn't have to play outside for tips and freeze in the cold. Ed wants her to fire Eve after a poor audience reception, but Kristin doesn't want to fire her own sister. Eve finds out about this and decides to take matters into her own hands.|
|123||15||"The Fixer"||Victor Gonzalez||Jon Haller||January 27, 2017||6ATP15||7.01|
|Mike gets frustrated with Ryan and Kyle's inability to make home repairs and tries to teach them, starting with the sink at Ryan and Kristin's house. When they prove to be less than enthusiastic, Mike tries to motivate them by pitting them against each other, which results in them getting into a fight. Elsewhere, Eve is caught off-guard when Rob tells her he loves her. Eve is unsure how to feel about this and Kristin and Mandy's advice just makes her more confused.|
|124||16||"The Force"||Jean Sagal||Kevin Hench||February 3, 2017||6ATP16||6.59|
|The deadline for Eve to make a decision about college is approaching, causing Mike and Vanessa to worry when she keeps putting off the topic. Eve later confesses to Mike that she secretly applied to the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs and was accepted. Now, the two have to figure out how to break the news to Vanessa that Eve will be entering the military. Meanwhile, Ed has to put down his dog Bogey. Kyle and Mandy decide to have Bogey stuffed so he can be around Ed forever, much to Ed's shock.|
|125||17||"The Friending Library"||Tim Allen||Pat Bullard||February 17, 2017||6ATP17||6.54|
|Vanessa has been feeling lonely ever since Carol moved to Los Angeles for a new job. Ryan suggests she start a lending library in the neighborhood so she can make some new friends. Eventually, a mystery person borrows and leaves a note in her copy of Jane Eyre and Eve sets out to track them down. Meanwhile, Ed holds a "Meet Outdoor Man" contest where the winner gets to join Mike for his 500th vlog. The winner (Brad Leland) turns out to be a lunatic who believes Mike's vlogs contain secret messages about government conspiracies.|
|126||18||"Take Me to Church"||Victor Gonzalez||Jon Haller & Maisie Culver||February 24, 2017||6ATP18||6.60|
|Mike and Vanessa are worried that none of their daughters attend church anymore. Mike surmises it's because the sermons are too boring and decides to help Reverend Paul make them more relevant to the modern community. When this fails, Mike determines his daughters need to be involved rather than inspired. Meanwhile, Ryan has Kyle as his guest on his podcast, where they talk about the things Kristin and Mandy do that drive them nuts. Unbeknownst to them, the wives actually listen to it and are not happy about the things they hear.|
|127||19||"House of Tutor"||Victor Gonzalez||Dylan Tanous||March 10, 2017||6ATP19||5.69|
|After Vanessa gets numerous requests from parents to tutor their kids, she decides to turn her tutoring job into a full business with more teachers. Mike helps her get the business started and gives her advice, but then she tells him to butt out after he gets into an argument with Ryan over what the latter is teaching the history students. Meanwhile, seeing Vanessa start her business and Eve selling songs online inspires Kyle to become an entrepreneur like the other Baxters. He presents several ideas to Eve, but she thinks they're all terrible, leaving him discouraged.|
|128||20||"Heavy Meddle"||Victor Gonzalez||Richard Brandon Manus||March 17, 2017||6ATP20||6.15|
|Eve moves back into the Baxter house and Mike and Vanessa find out that Rob didn't invite her to his parents' anniversary party. Mike thinks she should ignore it, while Vanessa feels Eve should talk to him about it. Vanessa's meddling causes the couple to get into a fight and break up. Elsewhere, Kristin and Ryan have reserved a night at an escape room with some friends who cancel on them. Mandy and Kyle volunteer to go in their place, but Kristin and Ryan suspect they aren't intelligent enough to be of any help solving the clues.|
|129||21||"Bad Heir Day"||Victor Gonzalez||Ed Yeager & Lisa K. Nelson||March 24, 2017||6ATP21||6.10|
|While trying to find Kyle and Mandy an apartment, the Baxters find out from Chuck that Kyle's mom passed away three months ago and he kept it a secret. Kyle insists he's fine but, when they discover she left him her trailer in her will, he gets angry and refuses to take it. Meanwhile, Eve discovers that Boyd has been lying about Ryan's job because he's embarrassed about being home-schooled. When she mocks Ryan about it, she learns that Boyd has been wanting to go back to regular school and Ryan won't let him because he's afraid to be without purpose.|
|130||22||"Shadowboxing"||Victor Gonzalez||Michael Shipley & Mike Haukom||March 31, 2017||6ATP22||6.06|
|Mandy shadows Mike as part of her business class assignment. However, Mandy feels that her professor's textbook approach to conflict resolution is better than Mike's experienced approach and tries to prove it by settling an argument between Chuck and Joe, which only makes things worse. Elsewhere, Kristin, believing Vanessa is wound up from work and chores, convinces her to join her and Eve's kickboxing class to relieve stress. While attempting to motivate her, Kristin accidentally knocks out Vanessa during a sparring match.|
Season 7 (2018–19)
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|131||1||"Welcome Baxter"||John Pasquin||Kevin Abbott||September 28, 2018||7ATP01||8.13|
|132||2||"Man vs. Myth"||John Pasquin||Matt Berry||October 5, 2018||7ATP02||6.15|
|133||3||"Giving Mike the Business"||John Pasquin||Jon Haller||October 12, 2018||7ATP03||6.32|
|134||4||"Bride of Pranksenstein"||Jean Sagal||Claire Mulaney||October 19, 2018||7ATP07||6.28|
|135||5||"One Flew Into the Empty Nest"||Andy Cadiff||Ed Yeager||November 2, 2018||7ATP04||6.11|
|136||6||"The Courtship of Vanessa's Mother"||Andy Cadiff||Mike Teverbaugh & Linda Teverbaugh||November 9, 2018||7ATP05||6.30|
|137||7||"Dreams vs. Reality"||Jean Sagal||Jacob Brown||November 16, 2018||7ATP08||5.97|
|138||8||"HR's Rough n' Stuff"||Victor Gonzalez||Josh Greenberg||December 7, 2018||7ATP09||5.43|
|139||9||"The Gift of the Mike Guy"||Robbie Countryman||Jon Haller||December 14, 2018||7ATP10||5.44|
|140||10||"Three for the Road"||Dave Cove||Jordan Black||January 4, 2019||7ATP06||5.66|
|141||11||"Common Ground"||Phill Lewis||Pat Bullard||January 11, 2019||7ATP11||6.16|
|142||12||"Cabin Pressure"||Victor Gonzalez||Mike Teverbaugh & Linda Teverbaugh||February 1, 2019||7ATP12||5.93|
|143||13||"The Best Man"||Victor Gonzalez||Matt Berry||February 15, 2019||7ATP14||5.98|
|144||14||"Sibling Quibbling"||Victor Gonzalez||Josh Greenberg||February 15, 2019||7ATP15||5.64|
|145||15||"Arrest Her Development"||Victor Gonzalez||Erin Berry||February 22, 2019||7ATP13||5.37|
|146||16||"Urban Exploring"||Victor Gonzalez||Jordan Black||March 1, 2019||7ATP16||5.44|
|147||17||"Cards on the Table"||Victor Gonzalez||Jacob Brown||March 8, 2019||7ATP17||5.33|
|148||18||"Otherwise Engaged"||Victor Gonzalez||Story by : Tommy Wright |
Teleplay by : Brett Isaacson & TJ Martell
|March 15, 2019||7ATP19||5.16|
|149||19||"The Passion of Paul"||Tim Allen||Pat Bullard||March 22, 2019||7ATP18||5.09|
|150||20||"Yass Queen"||Tim Clark||Kevin Hench||April 19, 2019||7ATP20||4.82|
|151||21||"The Favourite"||Jean Sagal||Ed Yeager||May 3, 2019||7ATP21||4.26|
|152||22||"A Moving Finale"||Victor Gonzalez||Kevin Abbott||May 10, 2019||7ATP22||4.72|
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, season 7 holds an approval rating of 55% based on 11 reviews, and an average rating of 5.21/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "Last Man Standing isn't the most realistic sitcom on the dial, but its idealistic representation of opposites living in harmony offers sorely needed hope during divided times." On Metacritic, the season has a weighted average score of 58 out of 100, based on 8 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- "Shows A-Z - last man standing on abc". The Futon Critic. Retrieved September 8, 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (May 11, 2018). "'Last Man Standing' Resurrected At Fox For Season 7 With Original Cast Led By Tim Allen". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 11, 2018.
- Schwartz, Ryan (April 18, 2019). "Last Man Standing Renewed at Fox". TVLine. Retrieved April 24, 2019.
- Gorman, Bill (October 12, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Last Man,' 'NCIS,' '90210,' 'Dancing' Adjusted Up; 'Ringer,' 'Body Of Proof' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 12, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (October 19, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS,' 'NCIS: LA,' 'X Factor,' 'Last Man Standing,' '90210' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 21, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (October 26, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'X Factor,' 'NCIS,' 'Biggest Loser,' 'Dancing,' 'Man Up!' Adjusted Up; 'Body of Proof' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 2, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Last Man Standing,' 'Glee,' 'New Girl' Adjusted Up; 'Body of Proof' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 2, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 9, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Dancing With the Stars' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'New Girl'". Tv by the Numbers. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (November 16, 2011). "Full Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Glee,' 'NCIS:LA,' 'Parenthood' Adjusted Up; 'Body Of Proof' Adjusted Down". Tv by the Numbers. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (November 23, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: No Primetime Adults 18–49 Ratings Adjustments". Tv by the Numbers. Retrieved November 23, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (November 30, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Parenthood' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 30, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (December 7, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Glee,' 'Last Man Standing' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 7, 2011.
- Seidman, Robert (December 14, 2011). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS,' 'Glee,' 'Unforgettable' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 14, 2011.
- Gorman, Bill (January 5, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Biggest Loser,' 'Unforgettable' Adjusted Up; 'NCIS,' 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 5, 2012.
- Seidman, Robert (January 11, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Last Man Standing,' 'Work It,' 'NCIS: LA,' 'Unforgettable,' 'Parenthood' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 11, 2012.
- Gorman, Bill (January 19, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Glee' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 20, 2012.
- Seidman, Robert (February 8, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS,' 'Glee,' 'The Biggest Loser Adjusted Up; 'Raising Hope' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on February 10, 2012. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- Gorman, Bill (February 15, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Ringer,' 'The Biggest Loser' Adjusted Up; 'New Girl' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on February 17, 2012. Retrieved February 15, 2012.
- Gorman, Bill (February 29, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'American Idol,' 'NCIS,' 'Last Man Standing,' 'Body Of Proof' & 'Cougar Town' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on February 29, 2012. Retrieved March 1, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (March 21, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'NCIS,' 'New Girl' and 'The Biggest Loser' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 21, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (April 11, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'New Girl', 'NCIS: Los Angeles', 'Last Man Standing' Adjusted Up; 'Raising Hope', 'Ringer', 'Biggest Loser' Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 11, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 18, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Biggest Loser' & 'DWTS' Adjusted Up; 'Raising Hope' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (May 2, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'New Girl', 'NCIS', 'Glee', 'Dancing With the Stars', 'Biggest Loser', 'Last Man Standing' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 2, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 9, 2012). "Tuesday Final Ratings: 'Voice', 'Glee', 'DWTS' + 'NCIS' Adjusted Up; 'LA Complex', + 'Private Practice' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 9, 2012.
- Adams, Shilo (May 11, 2012). "Last Man Standing Renewed by ABC, Likely To Be Paired with Malibu Country". Zap2it. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie (June 27, 2012). "TV Castings – Chicago Fire, Last Man Standing, Arrow". Deadline.com. Retrieved August 10, 2012.
- "'Last Man Standing' Season 2 retools family dynamic and ages up the kid – From Inside the Box – Zap2it". Blog.zap2it.com. Archived from the original on June 22, 2012. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- "Keck's Exclusives: Last Man Standing Recasts Role – Today's News: Our Take". TVGuide.com. August 16, 2012. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Andreeva, Nellie (November 12, 2012). "ABC Comedies 'Malibu Country' & 'Last Man Standing' Get Orders For More Scripts". deadline.com. Retrieved November 22, 2012.
- Seidman, Robert (November 28, 2012). "'Last Man Standing' and 'Malibu Country' Get 5 More Episodes Each". TV By the Numbers. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- "Listings – LAST MAN STANDING on ABC (#209) "Attractive Architect"". TheFutonCritic.com. Retrieved December 29, 2012.
- "Exclusive: It's a Home Improvement Reunion on Last Man Standing as Richard Karn Guest-Stars". TVLine. November 29, 2012. Retrieved December 1, 2012.
- "(#217) "The Fight"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- "(#218) "College Girl"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved March 6, 2013.
- Lee, Stephan. "'Last Man Standing' lures Jonathan Taylor Thomas | Inside TV | EW.com". Insidetv.ew.com. Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- Amanda Kondoloijy (November 5, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings 'Last Man Standing' and 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up, 'Fringe' and 'Nikita' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 4, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (November 12, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up; 'Undercover Boss' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 12, 2012.
- Konodolojy, Amanda (November 19, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Undercover Boss' & 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up; 'America's Next Top Model' Special Adjusted Down". tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved November 19, 2012.
- Bibel (November 27, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Person to Person' Adjusted Down; No Adjustments to 'Last Man Standing' or 'Malibu Country'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Kondolojy (December 3, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: No Adjustments for 'Nikita', 'Undercover Boss', 'Last Man Standing' or 'Malibu Country'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (December 10, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' & 'CSI: NY' Adjusted Up; '20/20' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 17, 2012). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Prancer Returns' Adjusted Down, No Adjustments for 'Last Man Standing', 'Malibu Country' or 'Fringe'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 18, 2012.
- Bibel, Sara (January 7, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: Final 'Cotton Bowl' Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 7, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 14, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: No Adjustments for 'Fringe', 'Shark Tank' or 'Last Man Standing'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (January 22, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Fringe' Finale and 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 23, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (February 4, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 11, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing', 'Dateline', 'Shark Tank' & 'Rock Center' Adjusted Down + Final 'Touch' Premiere Ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 11, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (February 19, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 19, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 25, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Nikita', 'Touch' or 'CSI:NY'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 5, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Dateline' Adjusted Up; 'Last Man Standing' and '20/20 Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 11, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Kitchen Nightmares' & 'Nikita' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment for 'Grimm'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 18, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Malibu Country' Adjusted Up; 'Nikita', 'Cult', 'Fashion Star', 'Blue Bloods' & 'Rock Center' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 25, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (March 23, 2013). "TV Ratings Friday: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Malibu Country' Finales Rise, 'Grimm' Flat, 'Touch' Up, Plus NCAA Tournament Preliminary Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved June 25, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 10, 2013). "'Suburgatory' 'The Neighbors' 'Last Man Standing' 'The Middle' & 'Modern Family' Renewed by ABC". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (July 16, 2013). "ABC Sets Premiere Dates for 2013–2014 Including 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.', 'Once Upon A Time In Wonderland' & More". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on July 19, 2013. Retrieved July 16, 2013.
- "Two of the Stars from 'Duck Dynasty' to Guest Star on Season Premiere of ABC's 'Last Man Standing' – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. August 7, 2013. Retrieved August 15, 2013.
- "(#304) "Ryan v. John Baker"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- "(#305) "Haunted House"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- "A U.S. Serviceman's Family Receives the Surprise of a Lifetime as Part of this Week's 'Last Man Standing' Episode – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. December 11, 2013. Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- "December 13 features Veterans Coming 'Home For The Holidays' on Programming Throughout the Day and Night on ABC – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. December 12, 2013. Retrieved December 24, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (September 23, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up, '20/20' Adjusted Down + No Adjustment for 'Last Man Standing' or 'The Neighbors'". TV by the Numbers.
- "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0′, 'Shark Tank' & 'Undercover Boss' Adjusted up; '20/20′ Adjusted Down – Ratings | TVbytheNumbers". Tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com. Retrieved October 4, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 7, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Shark Tank' & 'Dateline' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers.
- Bibel, Sara (October 14, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' & 'Dateline' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 21, 2013). "Friday Final TV Ratings: 'MasterChef Junior' and 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 4, 2013). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up, 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Down + No Adjustment for 'Grimm' or 'Dracula'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 4, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 11, 2013). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Dracula' & 'The Neighbors' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 11, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 18, 2013). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0', 'Undercover Boss', 'Grimm' & 'Raising Hope' Adjusted Up; 'Last Man Standing', 'The Carrie Diaries' & 'The Neighbors' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 18, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (November 25, 2013). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Raising Hope' & 'Where Were You When JFK Died?' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment for 'Nikita'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 25, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 9, 2013). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Bones' & 'Raising Hope' Adjusted Up; 'The Neighbors' & 'The Carrie Diaries' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 16, 2013). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustment for 'Last Man Standing', 'Raising Hope' or 'The Carrie Diaries'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 13, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up; 'Dracula' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 13, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (January 21, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustments to 'Grimm', 'Dracula', 'Hawaii Five-0' or 'The Carrie Diaries'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 27, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'The Neighbors' Adjusted Down; No Adjustment for 'Enlisted' or 'The Carrie Diaries'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 27, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (February 3, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up; 'The Carrie Diaries' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 3, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 3, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustments to 'Hannibal', 'Grimm', 'Hawaii Five-0' or 'Blue Bloods'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 10, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Hannibal' or 'Enlisted'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 10, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (March 31, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Last Man Standing', 'The Neighbors, 'Dateline' & '20/20' Adjusted Up; 'Hannibal' & 'Hart of Dixie' Adjusted Down & Final Basketball Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 31, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 7, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank', 'Last Man Standing', 'Hawaii Five-0' & 'Grimm' Adjusted Up; 'Unforgettable', 'Dateline' & 'Hart of Dixie' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 7, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 14, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank,' 'Last Man Standing', 'The Neighbors' & '20/20' Adjusted Up; 'Grimm', 'Hannibal' & 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 21, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; 'Hannibal' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (April 28, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0', 'Blue Bloods', 'Last Man Standing' & 'Shark Tank' Adjusuted Up; 'Grimm, 'Hannibal' & 'Dateline' Adjsuted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 28, 2014.
- James, Hibberd (May 10, 2014). "'Last Man Standing' renewed for 4th season". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "(#413) "Helen Potts"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- Abrams, Natalie (September 26, 2014). "'Last Man Standing' to stage another 'Home Improvement' reunion". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 26, 2014.
- Rice, Lynette (January 9, 2015). "Jonathan Taylor Thomas Returns to Last Man Standing". People. Retrieved January 11, 2015.
- "(#1AYC20) "Last Goose Standing", CRISTELA on ABC". thefutoncritic.com.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 6, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Last Man Standing', 'Shark Tank' & '20/20' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 7, 2014. Retrieved October 6, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (October 13, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Blue Bloods', 'Shark Tank' & 'Dateline' Adjusted Up; 'Hawaii Five-0′ Adjusted Dwn". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 15, 2014. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (October 20, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustment for 'Last Man Standing', 'Cristela' or 'The Amazing Race'". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 23, 2014. Retrieved October 20, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (October 27, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Up, 'Grimm' Adjusted Down & Final World Series Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 29, 2014. Retrieved October 27, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (November 3, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustments to 'Grimm', 'Constantine', 'Hawaii Five-0' or 'Shark Tank'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (November 10, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up; 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Down + No Adjustment for 'Cristela' or 'Constantine'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 10, 2014.
- "TV Ratings Friday: 'Last Man Standing' & 'Cristela' Rise, 100th Episode of 'Shark Tank', 'Grimm' & 'Constantine' Down, 'Hollywood Film Awards' Tank - Ratings - TVbytheNumbers.Zap2it.com". TVbytheNumbers.
- Bibel, Sara (November 24, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' & 'Whose Line Is It Anyway' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 24, 2014.
- Bibel, Sara (December 8, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Grimm' Adjusted Up & Final College Football Numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (December 15, 2014). "Friday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Constantine', 'Cristela' or 'Hawaii Five-0'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 15, 2014.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (January 12, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustments to 'Hawaii Five-0', 'Cristela' or 'Glee'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (January 20, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up; No Adjustments to 'Constantine' or 'Glee'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 20, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (February 2, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Grimm' & 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up; 'Cristela' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 2, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 9, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hart of Dixie', 'Dateline', 'Shark Tank' & 'Masters of Illusion' Adjusted Up; 'Cristela' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (February 23, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustment to 'Cristela', 'Last Man Standing' or 'Glee'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 23, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (March 2, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (March 16, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race', 'Cristela', 'Hawaii Five-0' & 'Blue Bloods' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (March 23, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: No Adjustment for 'Glee', 'Grimm' or 'Last Man Standing' + Final NCAA Basketball Ratings". TV by the Numbers.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 6, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' Adjusted Up; No Adjustment for 'Grimm' or 'Hawaii Five-0'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 6, 2015.
- Bibel, Sara (April 13, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: '20/20' Adjusted Down; No Adjustments to 'Grimm' or 'Hawaii Five-0'". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 13, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (April 20, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' Adjusted Up; '20/20' Adjusted Down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 20, 2015.
- Kondolojy, Amanda (May 10, 2015). "'Last Man Standing' Renewed for 5th Season at ABC". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 10, 2015.
- Abrams, Natalie (August 19, 2015). "Last Man Standing snags Jay Leno for guest spot". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 4, 2015.
- "(#506) "The Road Less Driven"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved October 6, 2015.
- "(#513) Mike and the Mechanics". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 1, 2016.
- "(#522) The Shortcut". The Futon Critic. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- "(#516) "Tanks for the Memories"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- "(#521) "The Marriage Doctor"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved March 30, 2016.
- Dixon, Dani (September 28, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'The Amazing Race' + 'Shark Tank' Adjusted Up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 5, 2015). "Friday final ratings: 'Dr. Ken' and 'Hawaii Five-0' adjusted up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 12, 2015). "Friday final ratings: 'Blue Bloods' adjusted up; 'Reign', 'Undateable' and other originals hold". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 19, 2015). "Friday final ratings: 'Shark Tank' and 'Hawaii Five-0' adjusted up; 'Truth Be Told' premiere holds". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 20, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (October 24, 2015). "TV Ratings Friday: 'Shark Tank' and 'Blue Bloods' rise, 'Truth Be Told' and 'Reign' falter". TV by the Numbers. Archived from the original on October 25, 2015. Retrieved October 24, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (November 2, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Last Man Standing' adjusts up, 'Grimm' and others hold". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (November 9, 2015). "Friday Final Ratings: 'Blue Bloods' adjusts up, everything else holds". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (November 16, 2015). "Friday final ratings: 'Reign' keeps season high, 'World's Funniest' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (November 23, 2015). "Friday final ratings: No adjustments on a quiet night". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 23, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (December 7, 2015). "Friday final ratings: 'Top Model' finale and everything else holds". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 7, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (December 14, 2015). "Friday final ratings: 'Amazing Race' and all others hold". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 14, 2015.
- Porter, Rick (January 11, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' adjusts up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (January 19, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'Reign' and 'Dr. Ken' adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (February 1, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'Vampire Diaries,' 'Originals' and everything else unchanged". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 1, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (February 8, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'Sleepy Hollow' everything else holds". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (February 22, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'Shark Tank' and '20/20' adjust up, 'Sleepy Hollow' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 22, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (February 29, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'The Originals' adjusts up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 29, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (March 14, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'Blue Bloods' adjusts down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 14, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (March 21, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'Shark Tank' adjusts down, 'Grimm' adjusts up, final NCAA numbers". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 21, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (April 11, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'Grimm,' 'Vampire Diaries' and 'Originals' adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 11, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (April 18, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'The Amazing Race' adjusts up". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (April 25, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'The Vampire Diaries' and '20/20' adjust down". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 25, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (September 26, 2016). "Friday final ratings: 'Hawaii Five-0' adjusts up, 'MacGyver' and 'Exorcist' hold". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved September 26, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 3, 2016). "'MacGyver' and 'Exorcist' adjust down, 'Last Man Standing' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 3, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 10, 2016). "'Hawaii Five-0' and others unchanged: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 10, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 17, 2016). "'Shark Tank,' 'Blue Bloods' and 'Last Man Standing' adjust up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 17, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (October 24, 2016). "'Hawaii Five-0,' 'Shark Tank,' 'Hell's Kitchen' adjust up, 'Exorcist' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 24, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (November 7, 2016). "'Shark Tank' adjusts up, 'The Exorcist' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (November 14, 2016). "Last Man Standing' adjusts up, all others hold: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 14, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (November 21, 2016). "The Exorcist' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 21, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 5, 2016). "20/20' adjusts up, 'Dr. Ken,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' & 'I Love Lucy' adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 5, 2016.
- Porter, Rick (December 12, 2016). "'Shark Tank,' 'Hawaii Five-0' and others unchanged: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- Welch, Alex (December 19, 2016). "Caught on Camera adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 19, 2016.
- Welch, Alex (January 9, 2017). "'Hawaii Five-0' adjusts up, 'Emerald City' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 9, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (January 17, 2017). "'Hawaii Five-0' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 17, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (January 23, 2017). "'Last Man Standing' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 23, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (January 30, 2017). "'Shark Tank' and 'Dateline' adjust up, '20/20′ adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (February 6, 2017). "'Dateline' adjusts up, 'Blue Bloods' and 'Vampire Diaries' adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 6, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (February 21, 2017). "'Last Man Standing,' 'Hawaii Five-0' and 'Shark Tank' adjust up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (February 27, 2017). "'Last Man Standing' and 'Shark Tank' adjust up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 27, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (March 13, 2017). "'Blue Bloods' and 'Grimm' adjust down, 'Vampire Diaries' finale holds: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 13, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (March 20, 2017). "'Originals' premiere and others hold, final NCAA Tournament numbers: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 20, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (March 27, 2017). "'Grimm,' NCAA Sweet 16 & all others hold: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 27, 2017.
- Porter, Rick (April 3, 2017). "'Last Man Standing' finale adjusts up, 'The Originals' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 3, 2017.
- Welch, Alex (October 1, 2018). "'Masters of Illusion' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 1, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 8, 2018). "'The Cool Kids,' 'MacGyver,' everything else unchanged: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 8, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 15, 2018). "'Speechless' and 'Dateline' adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 22, 2018). "'Last Man Standing' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 22, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 5, 2018). "'Last Man Standing' adjusts up, 'Dynasty' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 12, 2018). "'Last Man Standing, 'MacGyver,' everything else unchanged: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 19, 2018). "'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (December 10, 2018). "'Hell's Kitchen' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (December 17, 2018). "'Fresh Off the Boat' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 17, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (January 7, 2019). "'Fresh Off the Boat,' 'MacGyver,' 'The Cool Kids,' all other shows hold: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (January 14, 2019). "'MacGyver' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved January 14, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (February 4, 2019). "'Hell's Kitchen' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Rejent, Joseph (February 19, 2019). "'Last Man Standing,' 'Hawaii Five-O,' all others hold: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Rejent, Joseph (February 19, 2019). "'Last Man Standing,' 'Hawaii Five-O,' all others hold: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (February 25, 2019). "'MacGyver,' 'The Blacklist,' 'Speechless,' everything else unchanged: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (March 4, 2019). "'Last Man Standing,' 'Speechless,' all others hold: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 4, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (March 11, 2019). "'20/20' adjusts down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (March 18, 2019). "'MacGyver,' 'Speechless,' and others adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 18, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (March 25, 2019). "NCAA, '20/20,' 'Dynasty' adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved March 25, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (April 22, 2019). "'Last Man Standing,' NBA Playoffs adjust up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved April 22, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (May 7, 2019). "'Last Man Standing' adjusts up, 'Proven Innocent,' 'Blue Bloods' adjust down: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 7, 2019.
- Welch, Alex (May 13, 2019). "'Last Man Standing' adjusts up: Friday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- "Last Man Standing: Season 7 (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 4, 2018.
- "Last Man Standing (2011) – Season 7 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved September 30, 2018.