List of Latin American countries by Human Development Index
The following tables covers the list of Latin American countries by Human Development Index as released by the United Nations Development Program's Human Development Report. The Human Development Index (HDI) is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education and standards of living for regions worldwide.
Countries fall into four broad categories based on their HDI: very high (for developed countries), high and medium (for developing countries) and low (for least developing countries).
The table below presents the latest Human Development Index (HDI) for countries in Latin America as included in a United Nations Development Programme's Human Development Report (released in 2020). Previous HDI values and rankings are retroactively recalculated using the same updated data sets and current methodologies, as presented in Table 2 of the Statistical Annex of the Human Development Report. The HDI rankings and values in the 2020 Human Development Report cannot therefore be compared directly to HDI rankings and values published in previous Human Development Reports.
|Rank||Country||Human Development Index (HDI)|
|Region||World||HDI value||Change in HDI value 2018–19*|
|Very High Human Development|
|High Human Development|
|Medium Human Development|
|Low Human Development|
|*Change in HDI value rounded to three decimals|
- Community of Latin American and Caribbean States
- List of countries by Human Development Index
- List of countries by Human Development Index by region
- List of countries by industrial production growth rate
- List of countries by percentage of population living in poverty
- List of Latin American and Caribbean countries by GDP growth
- List of Latin American and Caribbean countries by GDP (nominal)
- List of Latin American and Caribbean countries by GDP (PPP)
- List of Latin American countries by population
- "2020 Human Development Report" (PDF). United Nations Development Programme. 2020. Retrieved 27 December 2020.