List of Latin American countries by Human Development Index
The following tables covers the list of Latin American and Caribbean countries by Human Development Index as released by the United Nations Development Program's Human Development Report. The Human Development Index (HDI) is a comparative measure of life expectancy, literacy, education and standards of living for regions worldwide.
Countries fall into four broad categories based on their HDI: very high (for developed countries), high and medium (for developing countries) and low (for least developing countries).
Human Development Index
The table below presents the latest Human Development Index (HDI) for countries in Latin America and the Caribbean as included in a United Nations Development Programme's Human Development Report (released in 2016). Previous HDI values and rankings are retroactively recalculated using the same updated data sets and current methodologies, as presented in Table 2 of the Statistical Annex of the Human Development Report. The HDI rankings and values in the 2016 Human Development Report cannot therefore be compared directly to HDI rankings and values published in previous Human Development Reports.
|List of Latin American & Caribbean Countries by Human Development Index|
|Rank||Country||Human Development Index (HDI)|
|In Region||World||HDI Value||Change in HDI value 2016–17*|
|Very High Human Development|
|High Human Development|
|Medium Human Development|
|Low Human Development|
|*Change in HDI value rounded to three decimals|
- List of Latin American subnational entities by high Human Development Index
- List of countries by Human Development Index
- List of Latin American countries by population
- Lists of Latin American countries by GDP
- Human Development Index
- "Table 1: Human Development Index (HDI) and its components". hdr.undp.org. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "Human Development Report 2016 'Human Development for Everyone'". hdr.undp.org. Retrieved 2018-02-08.
- "Table 2: Trends in the Human Development Index (HDI), 1990-2015". hdr.undp.org. Retrieved 2018-02-08.