List of Latin American countries by population
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of Latin American countries and dependent territories by population, which is sorted by the 2015 mid-year normalized demographic projections.
(or dependent territory)
|July 1, 2015
|1||Brazil||204,519,000||33.13||0.86||1,750,000||81||206,257,000||July 30, 2016||Official population clock|
|2||Mexico||121,006,000||19.60||1.08||1,293,000||65||122,273,473||July 1, 2016||Official estimate|
|3||Colombia||48,218,000||7.81||1.16||555,000||60||48,787,000||July 30, 2016||Official population clock|
|4||Argentina||43,132,000||6.99||1.09||463,000||64||43,590,368||July 1, 2016||Official estimate|
|5||Peru||31,153,000||5.05||1.10||338,000||64||31,488,625||June 30, 2016||Official estimate|
|8||Ecuador||16,279,000||2.64||1.57||252,000||44||16,557,200||July 30, 2016||Official population clock|
|9||Guatemala||16,176,000||2.62||2.93||461,000||24||16,176,133||July 1, 2015||Official estimate|
|10||Cuba||11,252,000||1.82||0.25||28,000||278||11,238,317||December 31, 2014||Official estimate|
|13||Dominican Republic||9,980,000||1.62||0.98||97,000||71||9,980,243||2015||Official estimate|
|14||Honduras||8,950,000||1.45||2.29||200,000||31||8,576,500||July 1, 2015||Official estimate|
|16||Nicaragua||6,514,000||1.06||2.37||151,000||30||6,071,045||June 30, 2012||Official estimate|
|17||El Salvador||6,460,000||1.05||0.92||59,000||76||6,520,675||2016||Official estimate|
|18||Costa Rica||4,851,000||0.79||1.63||78,000||43||4,832,234||June 30, 2015||Official estimate|
|19||Panama||3,764,000||0.61||1.37||51,000||51||3,764,166||July 1, 2015||Official estimate|
|20||Puerto Rico (US)||3,508,000||0.57||-1.13||-40,000||-||3,548,397||July 1, 2014||Official estimate|
|21||Uruguay||3,310,000||0.54||0.18||6,000||382||3,480,222||June 30, 2016||Official estimate|
|22||Guadeloupe (France)||405,000||0.07||0.25||1,000||280||403,314||January 1, 2012||Official estimate|
|23||Martinique (France)||383,000||0.06||-0.52||-2,000||-||388,364||January 1, 2012||Official estimate|
|24||French Guiana||262,000||0.04||2.75||7,000||26||239,648||January 1, 2012||Official estimate|
|25||Saint Martin (France)||36,000||0.01||0.00||0||-||35,742||January 1, 2012||Official estimate|
|26||Saint Barthélemy (France)||10,000||0.00||0.00||0||-||9,131||January 1, 2012||Official estimate|
- Calculated, when available, from the latest national censuses or most recent official estimates (many of which are cited in their respective column), using the exponential formula shown on the List of countries by past and future population article. This is done to normalize the different populations to a unique date, so that they are really comparable.
- It corresponds to the following formula: projection2015/projection2014x100-100.
- It corresponds to the calculation: projection2015*annual_growth/100.
- It corresponds to the formula: LN(2)/LN(growth/100+1), which produces exactly the same result as LOG10(2)/LOG10(growth/100+1).
- Commonwealth of the United States since July 26, 1952.
- List of countries by population
- List of African countries by population
- List of countries in the Americas by population
- List of Arab countries by population
- List of Asian countries by population
- List of Caribbean island countries by population
- List of Eurasian countries by population
- List of European countries by population
- List of European Union member states by population
- List of member states of the Commonwealth of Nations by population
- List of Middle East countries by population
- List of North American countries by population
- List of Oceanian countries by population
- List of South American countries by population
- List of countries by past and future population
- List of countries by past population (United Nations)
- List of countries by population in 2000
- List of countries by population in 2010