List of Latin Grammy Awards categories
The Latin Grammy Awards are awarded in a series of categories, each of which isolate a specific contribution to Latin music. The standard awards list nominees in each category from which a winner is selected. These categories have been added and removed over time.
- 1 General Field
- 2 Genre-specific fields
- 3 Special awards
- 4 References
- Record of the Year is awarded to the performer and the production team of a single song.
- Album of the Year is awarded to the performer and the production team of a full album.
- Song of the Year is awarded to the writer(s)/composer(s) of a single song.
- Best New Artist is awarded to an artist without reference to a song or album.
- Best Female Pop Vocal Album
- Best Male Pop Vocal Album
- Best Pop Album by a Duo or Group with Vocals
- Best Pop Vocal Album
- Best Salsa Album
- Best Cumbia/Vallenato Album
- Best Merengue/Bachata Album
- Best Contemporary Tropical/Tropical Fusion Album
- Best Traditional Tropical Album
- Best Tropical Song
- Best Ranchero/Mariachi Album
- Best Banda Album
- Best Tejano Album
- Best Norteño Album
- Best Regional Mexican Song
- Best Portuguese Language Contemporary Pop Album
- Best Portuguese Language Rock or Alternative Album
- Best Samba/Pagode Album
- Best MPB Album
- Best Sertaneja Music Album
- Best Portuguese Language Roots Album
- Best Portuguese Language Song
- Best Romantic Music Album
Note: The field was originally called "Brazilian" before it was changed to "Portuguese Language" in 2016.
There are special awards which are awarded without nominations, typically for achievements of longer than the past year, which the standard awards apply to:
- Person of the Year is a Special Merit Award presented to an individual who has had a significant effect on Latin music and has taken part in extensive philanthropy.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: is a Special Merit Award presented to performers who have made creative contributions of outstanding artistic significance to the field of recording during their careers.
- Trustees Awards: is a Special Merit Award presented to individuals who have made significant contributions, other than performance, to the field of recording during their careers.
- Hall of Fame Award honors recordings that are at least twenty-five years old that have made significant contributions