List of MPs who stood down at the Turkish general election, June 2015
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
This is a list of Turkish Members of Parliament who did not seek re-election in the June 2015 general election. Only MPs who have not applied for renomination are listed. MPs of the 24th Parliament who applied to become candidates but failed to make it onto their party's lists are not included.
AKP three-term limit
A Justice and Development Party (AKP) by-law dictates that members of parliament can only serve 3 successive terms from AKP lists. Therefore, 70 of AKP's 312 MPs will have to stand down in the 2015 elections, which includes 9 members of the Davutoğlu Cabinet and other prominent AKP people who have been MPs since 2002. A farewell ceremony and feast was held on 31 March 2015 for the outgoing MPs who had served for three terms.
HDP two-term limit
The Peoples' Democratic Party (HDP) party constitution imposes a two-term limit on elected members who have served under the banner of the HDP or its predecessor Peace and Democracy Party (BDP). This means that eight HDP MPs who served throughout the 24th Parliament cannot stand for re-election. The members who are barred from standing due to the two-term limit are as follows.
MPs not seeking re-election
The following MPs who were able to stand again for their party, but decided not to seek re-election.
Justice and Development Party
Republican People's Party
Nationalist Movement Party
- "AK Partili 5 vekilden 1'i 'üç dönem' kuralına takılıyor". Bugun.com.tr. Archived from the original on 2015-02-19. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- "HDP'de 15 vekil aday gösterilmeyecek". Gazete Vatan. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- "Zafer Çağlayan: 7 Haziran'daki Seçimlerde Aday Olmayacağım". Haberler.com. 2015-02-06. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- "Muammer Güler, Milletvekili Adayı Olmayacak". Haberler.com. 2015-02-09. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- "AKP'de 81 milletvekili yeniden aday olmadı - Politika Haberleri". Radikal. 2015-02-27. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- "CHP'li Sabahat Akkiraz istifa dilekçesini sundu - Milliyet Haber". Milliyet.com.tr. 2014-05-19. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- "Mehmet Haberal aday olmadı – Sözcü Gazetesi". Sozcu.com.tr. 2015-03-02. Retrieved 2015-05-19.
- "MHP'li 6 vekil aday adayı olmadı". Aydinses.com. Retrieved 2015-05-19.