List of Major League Baseball principal owners
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Current Major League Baseball team owners and the principal corporate entities that operate the clubs:
|Team||Principal owner(s)||Operating entities||Purchase price||Year|
|Arizona Diamondbacks||Ken Kendrick||AZPB LP, AZPBI Inc.||$130,000,000||1995|
|Atlanta Braves||Liberty Media||Atlanta National League Baseball Club Inc.||$450,000,000 [a]||2007|
|Baltimore Orioles||Peter Angelos||Baltimore Orioles LP, Baltimore Orioles Inc., Baltimore Baseball Club Inc.||$173,000,000||1993|
|Boston Red Sox||John W. Henry||Boston Red Sox Baseball Club LP, Fenway Sports Group LLC||$660,000,000||2002|
|Chicago Cubs||Thomas S. Ricketts||Chicago National League Ball Club Inc.||$845,000,000||2009|
|Chicago White Sox||Jerry Reinsdorf||Chicago White Sox Ltd., Chisox Corp.||$20,000,000||1981|
|Cincinnati Reds||Bob Castellini||Cincinnati Reds LLC||$270,000,000||2006|
|Cleveland Indians||Larry Dolan||Cleveland Indians Baseball Co. LP||$323,000,000||1999|
|Colorado Rockies||Charlie Monfort||Colorado Baseball Partnership, Colorado Rockies Baseball Club Ltd.||$95,000,000||1992|
|Detroit Tigers||Christopher Ilitch||Olympia Entertainment, Detroit Tigers Inc.||$82,000,000||1992|
|Houston Astros||Jim Crane||Crane Capital Group, Houston Astros Inc., Houston Astros, LLC||$615,000,000||2011|
|Kansas City Royals||David Glass||Kansas City Royals Baseball Corp.||$96,000,000||2000|
|Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim||Arturo Moreno||Angels Baseball LP, Moreno Baseball LP||$184,000,000||2003|
|Los Angeles Dodgers||Mark Walter||Guggenheim Baseball Management, Los Angeles Dodgers, Inc.||$2,000,000,000||2012|
|Miami Marlins||Bruce Sherman||Miami Marlins LP, Miami Marlins Inc., Miami Marlins Baseball Ltd.||$1,300,000,000||2018|
|Milwaukee Brewers||Mark Attanasio||Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Club, Milwaukee Brewers Holdings LLC||$223,000,000||2005|
|Minnesota Twins||Jim Pohlad||Minnesota Twins, MTI Partnership LLP||$44,000,000||1984|
|New York Mets||Fred Wilpon||Sterling Doubleday Enterprises LC, Mets Partners Inc.||$391,000,000||2002|
|New York Yankees||Hal Steinbrenner||Yankee Global Enterprises||$8,700,000 ||1973|
|Oakland Athletics||John J. Fisher||Oakland Athletics Limited Partnership ||$180,000,000||2005|
|Philadelphia Phillies||John S. Middleton||The Phillies||$30,000,000||1981|
|Pittsburgh Pirates||Robert Nutting||Pittsburgh Associates LP, Pittsburgh Baseball Inc.||$92,000,000||1996|
|San Diego Padres||Ron Fowler||The Padres Group, Padres LP, Padres Inc.||$800,000,000 [c]||2012|
|San Francisco Giants||Charlie Johnson||San Francisco Baseball Associates LP, SF Giants Baseball Club||$100,000,000||1992|
|Seattle Mariners||John W. Stanton||Baseball Club of Seattle LP, Baseball of Seattle Inc.||$106,000,000||1992|
|St. Louis Cardinals||William DeWitt, Jr.||St. Louis Cardinals LLC, St. Louis National Baseball Club Inc.||$150,000,000 [b]||1995|
|Tampa Bay Rays||Stuart Sternberg||Tampa Bay Devil Rays Ltd.||$130,000,000||2005|
|Texas Rangers||Ray Davis||Rangers Baseball Express, Texas Rangers Baseball Club||$593,000,000||2010|
|Toronto Blue Jays||Rogers Communications||Rogers Blue Jays Baseball Partnership, Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Ltd||$140,000,000||2000|
|Washington Nationals||Lerner Enterprises||Washington Nationals Baseball Club LLC||$450,000,000||2006|
- a The Atlanta Braves sale in 2007 to Liberty Media was part of a complex swap of cash, stock, magazine holdings, and the Braves, in which Time Warner sent the Braves, a hobbyist publishing company, and $980,000,000 to Liberty in exchange for approximately 68.5 million shares of Time Warner stock, at the time worth $1.48 billion. It was announced and confirmed that the Braves were given a value of $450,000,000 in the transaction.
- b The price for the St. Louis Cardinals included Busch Stadium.
- c As much as $200,000,000 of the sale price included the team's 20-percent stake in Fox Sports San Diego.
- "New York News, Traffic, Sports, Weather, Photos, Entertainment, and Gossip". Daily News (New York)]]. September 8, 2011.
- Canepa, Nick (August 29, 2012). "Canepa: New owners don't tease with false promises". U-T San Diego. Archived from the original on August 30, 2012.
- ""Braves'" New World - Forbes Magazine". 5 May 2008.
- "Braves sale is approved - MLB.com".
- Grover, Ronald (August 16, 2012). "Beer distributor gets league OK to buy San Diego Padres". Chicago Tribune. Reuters. Archived from the original on August 17, 2012.