List of Melbourne Cup winners
The Melbourne Cup is Australia's major thoroughbred horse race. It is run at Flemington Racecourse  in Melbourne. Each year internationally bred or owned horses compete in the race. Since 1882 New Zealand bred horses have won 40 Melbourne Cups, British bred horses five, American bred horses four, Irish bred horses three, German bred horses two and French and Japanese bred horses one.
This is a list of the winners of the Melbourne Cup.
- The shortest-priced favourite in Cup history was Phar Lap when he won in 1930 at 8-11 ($1.72).
- Metrication – The race was originally held over two miles (about 3,218 metres), but following Australia's adoption of the Metric system in the 1970s the current distance of 3,200 metres was adopted in 1972. This reduced the distance by 61 ft 6 in (18.75 m), and Rain Lover's 1968 race record of 3min.19.1sec was accordingly adjusted to 3min.17.9sec. The present record holder is the 1990 winner Kingston Rule with a time of 3min 16.3sec.
- Victoria Racing Club
- Australian horse-racing
- Melbourne Spring Racing Carnival
- List of Melbourne Cup placings
- "Flemington Racecourse | Flemington Track Map | Melbourne Cup 2017". www.racenet.com.au. Retrieved 8 August 2018.
- ASB VRC Melbourne Cup Race Winners 8D Retrieved on 2009-7-25
- "2018 Result – Emirates Melbourne Cup (held 6 November 2018)". breednet.com. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
- "2017 Result – Emorates Melbourne Cup (held 7 November 2017)". breednet.com. Retrieved 7 November 2017.
- "Result 2015 – Emirates Melbourne Cup (held 3 November 2015)". breednet.com. 3 November 2015.
- 2012 Melbourne Cup result
- 2011 Melbourne Cup result
- 2010 Melbourne Cup result
- 2009 Melbourne Cup result
- 2008 Melbourne Cup result
- 2007 Melbourne Cup result
- 2006 Melbourne Cup result
- 2005 Melbourne Cup result
- 2004 Melbourne Cup result
- 2003 Melbourne Cup result
- 2002 Melbourne Cup result
- 2001 Melbourne Cup result
- 2000 Melbourne Cup result
- Mrs. Allan McDonald was actually the trainer of this horse. Women then could not be registered as trainers. It was her husband who was the registered trainer. Australian Racing Information Archived 20 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- Darriwell was owned by W. A. Guesdon – not 'Rawlinson' whom he allowed to keep the credit for this racehorse to save face during times when a perceived lack of credit could ruin a man's prospects. "RACING NOTES". The Chronicle. Adelaide: trove digital. 22 February 1919. p. 14.
- Leased from the horse's owners, and raced by Etienne de Mestre in his own name. Leased by de Mestre from T.J. Roberts, R.H. Hassell, et al.
* Binney, Keith Robert (2005). Horsemen of the First Frontier (1788–1900) and the Serpent's Legacy. Volcanic Productions. p. 367. ISBN 0-646-44865-X.
* Shoalhaven Hall of Sporting Fame
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Melbourne Cup.|