List of Ministry of Environment Regions of British Columbia
This is a list of Ministry of Environment Regions of British Columbia, Canada. The provincial Ministry of Environment administers environmental policy and has under its wing the provincial Fish and Wildlife Branch, the Water Rights Branch, the Pesticide Control Branch, and other similar offices as well as the provincial parks system. The Ministry of Environment's administration system divides the province into nine areas:
- Vancouver Island Environment Region
- Lower Mainland Environment Region
- Thompson Environment Region, also known as the Thompson-Nicola Environment Region
- Kootenay Environment Region
- Cariboo Environment Region
- Skeena Environment Region
- Headquartered in Smithers, this region includes the North Coast from the Hartley Bay area northwards, the Queen Charlotte Islands, and all of the Skeena, Nass, Stikine and Taku basins plus the Atlin District and portions of the Cassiar District and also western portions of the Nechako and Omineca Countries.
- Omineca Environment Region
- Okanagan Environment Region
- Peace Region
- Headquartered in Fort St. John, this region comprises all of the northeastern part of the province beyond the Rocky Mountains, plus the Rocky Mountain Trench north of Sifton Pass and the basins of the Liard and Dease Rivers, excluding that portion of the Dease basin which is in the Skeena Region (namely Dease Lake).