List of Montenegrin submissions for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film
Montenegro submitted a film for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film for the first time in 2013. The award is handed out annually by the United States Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to a feature-length motion picture produced outside the United States that contains primarily non-English dialogue. It was not created until the 1956 Academy Awards, in which a competitive Academy Award of Merit, known as the Best Foreign Language Film Award, was created for non-English speaking films, and has been given annually since.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has invited the film industries of various countries to submit their best film for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film since 1956. The Foreign Language Film Award Committee oversees the process and reviews all the submitted films. Following this, they vote via secret ballot to determine the five nominees for the award. Below is a list of the films that have been submitted by Montenegro for review by the Academy for the award by year and the respective Academy Awards ceremony.
|Film title used in nomination||Original title||Language(s)||Director||Result|
|Ace of Spades: Bad Destiny||As pik - loša sudbina||Serbo-Croatian||Draško Đurović||Not Nominated|
|The Kids from the Marx and Engels Street||Dječaci iz Ulice Marksa i Engelsa||Serbo-Croatian||Nikola Vukčević||Not Nominated|
|You Carry Me||Ti mene nosiš||Croatian||Ivona Juka||Not Nominated|
|The Black Pin||Igla ispod praga||Serbian||Ivan Marinovic||Not Nominated|
- List of Academy Award winners and nominees for Best Foreign Language Film
- List of Academy Award-winning foreign language films
- "Oscars: Serbia Nominates 'Circles' and Montenegro Taps 'Bad Destiny' in Foreign Language Category". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- "Rule Thirteen: Special Rules for the Foreign Language Film Award" (PDF). Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original (PDF) on 27 August 2014. Retrieved 19 September 2014.
- "History of the Academy Awards - Page 2". Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Archived from the original on 22 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-21.
- "Oscar 2015 Predictions: Is Mexico's Selection 'Cantiflas' Good Choice?". Latin Post. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- ""Ti mene nosiš" CG kandidat za Oskara". RTCG. 24 September 2015. Retrieved 24 September 2015.
- Kozlov, Vladimir (28 September 2016). "Oscars: Montenegro Selects 'The Black Pin' for Foreign-Language Category". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 28 September 2016.