List of N-Gage games
The N-Gage is a PDA that combined features of a cell phone and a handheld game console developed and designed by Nokia, released on October 7, 2003. The following lists contains all of the known games released for the N-Gage, as well as unreleased games.
Originally announced on November 4, 2002, the N-Gage competed against its rival, the Game Boy Advance, by integrating mobile phone functionalities but it was unsuccessful due to the button layout that was primarily designed for a phone not being suitable for gaming and its resemblance to a taco when used for phone calls, leading to the origin of its mocking "Taco phone" nickname. On May 26, 2004, Nokia introduced the N-Gage QD as a redesign that fixed widely criticized issues and design problems of the original model, however, it was unable to make an impact. Both models were commercial failures, approximately selling only 3 million units combined and the platform was discontinued on November 26, 2005.
Only 57 of the games developed for the system received a North American retail release, with two retail releases being exclusive for PAL territories. However, a few titles only saw release through either digital distribution or bundles that came inside a MMC movie card. In addition, one more game came with the system on CD-ROM that was later made available for Symbian S60v2 cell phones.
There are currently 65 officially released N-Gage games on this list.[a]
|Regions released||Region description||Released|
|NA (North America)||North America and other NTSC territories.||57|
|PAL||PAL/SECAM territories: much of Europe, China, Brazil and Australia.||64|
|Ashen||First-person shooter||Torus Games||Nokia||25 May 2004||17 June 2004|
|Asphalt Urban GT||Racing||Gameloft||Nokia||15 November 2004||15 November 2004|
|Asphalt: Urban GT 2||Racing||Gameloft||Gameloft||6 December 2005||6 December 2005|
|Atari Masterpieces Vol. I||Compilation||Digital Eclipse||Atari Interactive||13 October 2005||13 October 2005|
|Atari Masterpieces Vol. II||Compilation||Digital Eclipse||Atari Interactive||30 March 2006||30 March 2006|
|Barakel: The Fallen Angel||Hack and slash||StormBASIC Games||Nokia, Technobubble Entertainment||Unreleased||2004|
|Bomberman||Arcade, Maze, Strategy||Hudson Soft||Hudson Soft||4 August 2004||4 July 2004|
|Call of Duty||First-person shooter||OmegaSoft||Activision||23 November 2004||10 November 2004|
|Catan||Board game, Strategy||thinkArts||Capcom||10 October 2005||10 October 2005|
|Civilization||Turn-based strategy||Gryphondale Studios||Atari Interactive||2 March 2006||24 February 2006|
|Colin McRae Rally 2005||Racing||Ideaworks3D||Codemasters||5 November 2004||29 November 2004|
|Crash Nitro Kart||Racing||Vicarious Visions||Vivendi Universal Games||30 June 2004||28 July 2004|
|FIFA Football 2004||Sports||Electronic Arts Canada, Exient Entertainment||Electronic Arts||14 January 2004||24 December 2003|
|FIFA Football 2005||Sports||Electronic Arts Canada, Exient Entertainment||Electronic Arts||10 November 2004||27 October 2004|
|Flo-Boarding||Sports||Housemarque||Nokia||Unreleased||7 October 2003|
|Glimmerati||Racing||Bugbear Entertainment||Nokia||16 August 2005||7 July 2005|
|High Seize||Turn-based tactics||RedLynx||Nokia||28 October 2005||13 October 2005|
|Marcel Desailly Pro Soccer||Sports||G Artist||Gameloft||28 April 2004||10 May 2004|
|Mile High Pinball||Pinball||Bonus.com, Ideaworks3D||Nokia||1 October 2005||14 November 2005|
|MLB Slam!||Sports||Hexacto Games||Jack of All Games, THQ Wireless||31 October 2003||10 December 2003|
|MotoGP||Racing||THQ Wireless||Nokia||14 November 2003||18 November 2003|
|NCAA Football 2004||Sports||Exient Entertainment||Jack Of All Games, Electronic Arts||10 December 2003||16 December 2003|
|N-Gage Freestyle||Extreme sports||StormBASIC Games||Nokia||Unreleased||2005|
|ONE||Fighting||Digital Legends Entertainment||Nokia||13 October 2005||14 October 2005|
|Operation Shadow||Action-adventure||Torus Games||Nokia||29 September 2004||30 September 2004|
|Pandemonium!||Platform||Ideaworks3D||Eidos Interactive||6 October 2003||7 October 2003|
|Pathway to Glory||Turn-based tactics||RedLynx||Nokia||24 November 2004||26 November 2004|
|Pathway to Glory: Ikusa Islands||Turn-based tactics||RedLynx||Nokia||8 November 2005||8 November 2005|
|Payload||Action, Vehicular combat||Tantalus Interactive||Nokia||14 November 2005||16 May 2006|
|Pocket Kingdom: Own the World||MMORPG||Sega||Nokia||24 November 2004||29 November 2004|
|Pool Friction||Sports||StormBASIC Games||Nokia, Technobubble Entertainment||Unreleased||2005|
|Puyo Pop||Puzzle||Lavastorm Engineering||Sega||6 October 2003||7 October 2003|
|Puzzle Bobble VS||Puzzle||Taito||Jack Of All Games, Nokia||10 October 2003||10 October 2003|
|Rayman 3||Platform||Gameloft||Gameloft||11 December 2003||26 November 2004|
|Red Faction||First-person shooter||Monkeystone Games||THQ Wireless||10 December 2003||12 December 2003|
|Requiem of Hell||Role-playing game||Digital-Red Mobile Software||Nokia||22 November 2004||22 November 2004|
|Rifts: Promise of Power||Tactical role-playing game||Backbone Entertainment||Nokia||31 October 2005||1 October 2005|
|Sega Rally Championship||Racing||Hitmaker||Sega||Unreleased||1 January 2004|
|Snakes||Arcade, Maze||IOMO||Nokia||25 January 2005||25 January 2005|
|SonicN||Platform||Dimps||Sega||7 October 2003||7 October 2003|
|Space Impact Evolution X||Shoot 'em up||Nokia||Nokia||1 October 2003||1 October 2003|
|Spider-Man 2||Action-adventure||Activision, Digital Eclipse||Activision||2 July 2004||6 July 2004|
|SSX Out of Bounds||Snowboarding||Exient Entertainment||Electronic Arts||24 January 2005||19 January 2005|
|StuntCar Extreme||Racing||Fathammer||Vasara Games||2004||2004|
|Super Monkey Ball Jr.||Platform||Sega, Realism||Sega||6 October 2003||7 October 2003|
|System Rush||Racing||Ideaworks3D||Nokia||20 September 2005||22 September 2005|
|The Elder Scrolls Travels: Shadowkey||Role-playing game||TKO Software, Vir2L Studios||Bethesda Softworks, Vir2L Studios||11 November 2004||24 November 2004|
|The King of Fighters Extreme||Fighting||Hudson Soft||SNK Playmore||31 January 2005||12 January 2005|
|The Roots: Gates of Chaos||Action, Role-playing game||P.S. ASSA - Tannhasuer Gate Sp. z o.o.||Cenega Publishing, Nokia||15 August 2005||31 August 2005|
|The Sims Bustin' Out||God game, Life simulation||Ideaworks3D||Electronic Arts||10 May 2004||12 May 2004|
|Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004||Sports||Digital Eclipse||Electronic Arts||24 June 2004||24 June 2004|
|Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm||Tactical shooter||Gameloft||Gameloft||11 August 2004||10 August 2004|
|Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory||Stealth||Gameloft||Gameloft||23 March 2005||29 March 2005|
|Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Team Stealth Action||Stealth||Gameloft||Gameloft||5 December 2003||10 December 2003|
|Tomb Raider||Action-adventure, Puzzle-platform||Ideaworks3D||Eidos Interactive||6 October 2003||7 October 2003|
|Tony Hawk's Pro Skater||Extreme sports||Ideaworks3D||Activision||10 October 2003||13 October 2003|
|Virtua Tennis||Sports||Hitmaker||Sega||14 December 2003||14 December 2003|
|Warhammer 40,000: Glory in Death||Turn-based strategy||Razorback Developments||THQ Wireless||6 April 2006||6 April 2006|
|Worms World Party||Artillery, Strategy||Paragon 5, Team17||THQ Wireless||19 April 2005||15 April 2005|
|WWE Aftershock||Fighting, Sports||Exient Entertainment||THQ Wireless||15 August 2005||11 July 2005|
|X-Men Legends||Action role-playing game||Barking Lizards Technologies||Activision||7 February 2005||1 January 2005|
|X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse||Action role-playing game||Barking Lizards Technologies||Activision||31 October 2005||27 October 2005|
|Xanadu Next||Action role-playing game||Nihon Falcom, ScriptArts||Nokia||20 June 2005||20 June 2005|
- This number is always up to date by this script.
- "Let the sales begin! Nokia N-GageTM game deck sales to start". Nokia. Archived from the original on 10 December 2008. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- Snow, Blake (30 July 2007). "The 10 Worst-Selling Handhelds of All Time". GamePro. Archived from the original on 12 October 2007. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Hold On, My Taco is Ringing Nokia says it has the phone for Gen Y Archived 2018-08-26 at the Wayback Machine", "CNN.com" 8 December 2003
- Saylor, Michael (2012). The Mobile Wave: How Mobile Intelligence Will Change Everything. Perseus Books/Vanguard Press. p. 81.
- "N-Gage QD game deck starts shipping in Europe, Africa and Asia Pacific". Nokia. 2004-05-26. Archived from the original on October 29, 2007. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 12 January 2008. Retrieved 25 August 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Evans, Mike (26 November 2005). "Nokia kill the N-Gage". MobileMentalism. Bundance Media. Archived from the original on 5 October 2016.
- Carrasco, Antonio (2005-11-08). "Dos nuevos packs de N-Gage para la campaña navideña" (in Spanish). Meristation. Archived from the original on 26 August 2018. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Consola Nokia N-gage - coleccion N-gage completa de juegos N-gage". tiendaconsolas.es (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 15 May 2016. Retrieved 25 August 2018.
- partybliss (2016). "Nokia N-gage Qd Brand New Refurbished Export Set Chinese Version". Carousell. Archived from the original on 2018-08-26. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "Gamespot N-Gage games database". GameSpot. Archived from the original on 25 August 2018. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- Derron (July 19, 2010). "List of N-Gage Games". listal.com. Archived from the original on 25 August 2018. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- greekking. "N-Gage Games". ngageworld.wikifoundry.com. Archived from the original on 25 August 2018. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- "N-Gage video games list". uvlist.net. Universal Videogame List. 2020. Retrieved 2020-01-18.
- StarTrekWarsGateOcean (March 16, 2013). "List of N-Gage games". l-lists.com. Archived from the original on 25 August 2018. Retrieved 2018-08-25.