List of Nintendo Entertainment System games
A total of 714 known licensed game titles were released for the Nintendo Entertainment System video game console during its life span, 679 of these games released in North America, with an additional 35 released in Europe or Australia. This list does not feature unlicensed NES games. The Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) — renamed from the Family Computer, or Famicom — was first released in North America on October 18, 1985 . The NES was released in Europe and Australia in late 1986 and distributed by various third-party companies until Nintendo took over distribution in 1990. The final licensed NES game released was EarthBound Beginnings-- the English-language version of MOTHER-- via Wii U Virtual Console in 2015, the final licensed NES game released on a physical cartridge was the PAL-exclusive The Lion King in 1995, and the most recent unlicensed game of significant notability released is Data East All Star Collection released in December 2017. The NES was succeeded by the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, released in 1991.
There are a total of 714 known licensed game titles of which 679 were released in North America. 35 were exclusively released outside North America, fully listed below.
For a chronological list, click the sort button in any of the available region's columns. Games dated October 18, 1985 (North America) are launch titles for North America.
For cancelled games see List of cancelled Nintendo games.
|The California Raisins: The Grape Escape||Capcom|
|Chip's Challenge||Bullet-Proof Software|
|Chuck Yeager's Air Combat||Electronic Arts|
|Drac's Night Out||Parker Brothers|
|Happily Ever After||SOFEL|
|Hit the Ice||Taito|
|Return of Donkey Kong||Nintendo|
|Time Diver: Eon Man||Taito|
|Twin Peaks||Hi Tech Expressions|
|War on Wheels||Jaleco|
|The Way of the Exploding Fist||Beam Software|
Console's life span
|2-in-1 Geminim / Siamond||2008||RetroZone|
|8-bit Xmas 2009||2010||RetroZone|
|Armed For Battle||2014||Infinite NES Lives|
|Battle Kid: Fortress of Peril||2010||Sivak Games|
|Battle Kid 2: Mountain of Torment||2012||Sivak Games|
|City Trouble||2017||Mega Cat Studios|
|Data East All-Star Collection||2017||Retro-Bit|
|Escape from Atlantis||2017||Piko Interactive LLC|
|Expedition||2017||Mega Cat Studios|
|Log Jammers||2017||Mega Cat Studios|
|Almost Hero||2017||Mega Cat Studios|
|Final Fantasy VII||2005||ShenZhen Nanjing Technology|
|Free Fall||2017||Piko Interactive LLC|
|Quest Forge: By Order of Kings||2015||Piko Interactive LLC|
|Snakky||2017||Piko Interactive LLC|
|Streemerz||2012||Faux Game Co.|
|Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayans||2017||CollectorVision|
|Wisdom Tree NES Collection||2017||Piko Interactive LLC|
- List of the best selling video games on the Nintendo Entertainment System
- List of Family Computer games
- List of Family Computer Disk System games
- Lists of video games
- Burnham, Van (2001). Supercade: A Visual History of the Videogame Age, 1971–1984. Cambridge, Massachusetts: MIT Press. p. 375. ISBN 0-262-52420-1.
- "All NES Games" (PDF). Nintendo. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-06-11. Retrieved 2015-08-09.
- "NES: Game Profiles". IGN Staff. Archived from the original on 2009-02-11. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- "All NES Games". Gamespot.com Staff. Retrieved 2010-06-04.
- "Swedish NES Release List". Bergsala. Retrieved 2012-02-20.
- "Les Chevaliers du Zodiaque Instruction Manual" (PDF). Bandai. 1987. Retrieved 2016-04-06.
- "Licensed and Unlicensed Products". Nintendo. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- McFerran, Damien (2017-10-27). "Retro-Bit Lifts The Lid On Its Multi-Cart Collections For The NES And SNES". Nintendo Life. Retrieved 2018-03-26.
- Peterson, Joel (2017-08-05). "Expedition is a tabletop RPG on an NES cartridge". Destructoid. Retrieved 2017-08-06.