List of National Basketball Association single-game scoring leaders
This feat has been accomplished 65 times in NBA history. Twenty-two different players have scored 60 or more points in a game. Only four players have scored 60 or more points on more than one occasion: Wilt Chamberlain 32 times, Kobe Bryant six times, Michael Jordan five times, and Elgin Baylor four times.
Jordan (63) and Baylor (61) are the only players to score at least 60 points in a game during the playoffs, each accomplishing this once.
|^||Denotes player who is currently active in the NBA|
|*||Denotes player who has been inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame|
|Occurred in playoff competition|
|Player's team lost the game|
|MP||Minutes played||FGM||Field goals made||FGA||Field goal attempts|
|3PM||3-point field goals made||3PA||3-point field goal attempts|
|FTM||Free throws made||FTA||Free throw attempts|
|Scoring by quarter|
|1||100||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||March 2, 1962||23||18||28||31||Philadelphia Warriors||New York Knicks||169–147||48||36||63||—||—||28||32||[A]|| |
|2||81||Bryant, KobeKobe Bryant||January 22, 2006||14||12||27||28||Los Angeles Lakers||Toronto Raptors||122–104||41:56||28||46||7||13||18||20||[B]|||
|3||78||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||December 8, 1961||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Los Angeles Lakers||147–151||63||31||62||—||—||16||31||[C]|
|4||73||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||January 13, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Chicago Packers||135–117||48||29||48||—||—||15||25||[D]|
|73||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||November 16, 1962||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||New York Knicks||127–111||48||29||43||—||—||15||19||[E]|
|73||Thompson, DavidDavid Thompson*||April 9, 1978||32||21||9||11||Denver Nuggets||Detroit Pistons||137–139||43||28||38||—||—||17||20||[F]|
|7||72||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||November 3, 1962||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||Los Angeles Lakers||115–127||—||29||48||—||—||14||18|
|8||71||Baylor, ElginElgin Baylor*||November 15, 1960||—||—||—||—||Los Angeles Lakers||New York Knicks||123–108||45||28||48||—||—||15||18||[G]|
|71||Robinson, DavidDavid Robinson*||April 24, 1994||18||6||19||28||San Antonio Spurs||Los Angeles Clippers||112–97||44||26||41||1||2||18||25||[H]|||
|10||70||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||March 10, 1963||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||Syracuse Nationals||148–163||48||27||38||—||—||16||22|
|11||69||Jordan, MichaelMichael Jordan*||March 28, 1990||16||15||20||10||Chicago Bulls||Cleveland Cavaliers||117–113||50||23||37||2||6||21||23||[I]|||
|12||68||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||December 16, 1967||14||15||15||24||Philadelphia 76ers||Chicago Bulls||143–123||—||30||40||—||—||8||22||[J]|
|68||Maravich, PetePete Maravich*||February 25, 1977||17||14||17||20||New Orleans Jazz||New York Knicks||124–107||43||26||43||—||—||16||19||[K]|
|14||67||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||March 9, 1961||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||New York Knicks||135–126||—||27||37||—||—||13||17|
|67||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||February 17, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||St. Louis Hawks||121–128||48||26||44||—||—||15||20|
|67||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||February 25, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||New York Knicks||135–149||48||25||38||—||—||17||22|
|67||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||January 11, 1963||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||Los Angeles Lakers||129–134||—||28||47||—||—||11||17|
|18||66||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||February 9, 1969||17||17||22||10||Los Angeles Lakers||Phoenix Suns||134–116||48||29||35||—||—||8||18||[L]|
|19||65||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||February 13, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Cincinnati Royals||132–152||48||24||40||—||—||17||30|
|65||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||February 27, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||St. Louis Hawks||147–137||48||25||43||—||—||15||20|
|65||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||February 7, 1966||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia 76ers||Los Angeles Lakers||132–125||—||28||43||—||—||9||20|
|65||Bryant, KobeKobe Bryant||March 16, 2007||4||19||9||24||Los Angeles Lakers||Portland Trail Blazers||116–111||49:58||23||39||8||12||11||12||[M]|||
|23||64||Baylor, ElginElgin Baylor*||November 8, 1959||13||12||17||22||Minneapolis Lakers||Boston Celtics||136–115||—||25||47||—||—||14||19||[N]|
|64||Barry, RickRick Barry*||March 26, 1974||—||—||23||22||Golden State Warriors||Portland Trail Blazers||143–120||43||30||45||—||—||4||5||[O]|
|64||Jordan, MichaelMichael Jordan*||January 16, 1993||22||8||11||16||Chicago Bulls||Orlando Magic||124–128||47||27||49||1||5||9||11||[P]|||
|26||63||Fulks, JoeJoe Fulks*||February 10, 1949||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Indianapolis Jets||108–87||—||27||56||—||—||9||14||[Q]|
|63||Baylor, ElginElgin Baylor*||December 8, 1961||—||—||—||—||Los Angeles Lakers||Philadelphia Warriors||151–147||—||23||55||—||—||17||24||[R]|||
|63||West, JerryJerry West*||January 17, 1962||—||—||—||—||Los Angeles Lakers||New York Knicks||129–121||39||22||36||—||—||19||22||[S]|
|63||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||December 14, 1962||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||Los Angeles Lakers||118–120||—||24||41||—||—||15||20||[T]|
|63||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||November 26, 1964||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||Philadelphia 76ers||117–128||—||27||58||—||—||9||20|
|63||Gervin, GeorgeGeorge Gervin*||April 9, 1978||20||33||10||DNP||San Antonio Spurs||New Orleans Jazz||132–153||33||23||49||—||—||17||20||[U]|
|63||Jordan, MichaelMichael Jordan*||April 20, 1986||17||6||13||18||Chicago Bulls||Boston Celtics||131–135||53||22||41||0||0||19||21||[V]|
|33||62||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||January 14, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Boston Celtics||136–145||48||27||45||—||—||8||10|
|62||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||January 17, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||St. Louis Hawks||136–130||53||24||48||—||—||14||20||[W]|
|62||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||January 21, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Syracuse Nationals||139–132||53||25||42||—||—||12||17||[X]|
|62||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||January 29, 1963||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||New York Knicks||123–103||—||27||44||—||—||8||17|
|62||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||November 15, 1964||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||Cincinnati Royals||122–106||—||26||44||—||—||10||21|
|62||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||March 3, 1966||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia 76ers||San Francisco Warriors||135–125||—||26||39||—||—||10||19|
|62||McGrady, TracyTracy McGrady||March 10, 2004||7||21||24||10||Orlando Magic||Washington Wizards||108–99||45:50||20||37||5||14||17||26||[Y]|||
|62||Bryant, KobeKobe Bryant||December 20, 2005||15||17||30||DNP||Los Angeles Lakers||Dallas Mavericks||112–90||32:53||18||31||4||10||22||25||[Z]|||
|62||Anthony, CarmeloCarmelo Anthony^||January 24, 2014||20||17||19||6||New York Knicks||Charlotte Bobcats||125–96||38:39||23||35||6||11||10||10||[AA]|||
|42||61||Mikan, GeorgeGeorge Mikan*||January 20, 1952||18||18||—||—||Minneapolis Lakers||Rochester Royals||91–81||—||22||45||—||—||17||21||[AB]|
|61||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||December 9, 1961||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Chicago Packers||135–113||48||28||48||—||—||5||10|
|61||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||February 22, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||St. Louis Hawks||139–121||48||21||36||—||—||19||34|
|61||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||February 28, 1962||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Chicago Packers||128–119||48||24||46||—||—||13||17|
|61||Baylor, ElginElgin Baylor*||April 14, 1962||18||15||13||15||Los Angeles Lakers||Boston Celtics||126–121||—||22||46||—||—||17||19||[AC]|
|61||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||November 21, 1962||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||Cincinnati Royals||139–143||—||27||52||—||—||7||15|
|61||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||December 11, 1962||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||Syracuse Nationals||136–124||—||27||57||—||—||7||11|
|61||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||December 18, 1962||—||—||—||—||San Francisco Warriors||St. Louis Hawks||130–110||—||26||53||—||—||9||14|
|61||Jordan, MichaelMichael Jordan*||March 4, 1987||—||—||11||26||Chicago Bulls||Detroit Pistons||125–120||43||22||39||0||0||17||18||[AD]|
|61||Jordan, MichaelMichael Jordan*||April 16, 1987||—||—||—||—||Chicago Bulls||Atlanta Hawks||114–117||41||22||38||0||3||17||21||[AE]|||
|61||Malone, KarlKarl Malone*||January 27, 1990||17||13||20||11||Utah Jazz||Milwaukee Bucks||144–96||33||21||26||0||0||19||23||[AF]|||
|61||O'Neal, ShaquilleShaquille O'Neal*||March 6, 2000||10||16||16||19||Los Angeles Lakers||Los Angeles Clippers||123–103||44:52||24||35||0||0||13||22||[AG]|||
|61||Bryant, KobeKobe Bryant||February 2, 2009||18||16||12||15||Los Angeles Lakers||New York Knicks||126–117||36:48||19||31||3||6||20||20|||
|61||James, LeBronLeBron James^||March 3, 2014||11||13||25||12||Miami Heat||Charlotte Bobcats||124–107||41:12||22||33||8||10||9||12||[AH]|||
|56||60||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||December 1, 1961||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Los Angeles Lakers||138–117||48||22||47||—||—||16||26|
|60||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||December 29, 1961||—||—||—||—||Philadelphia Warriors||Los Angeles Lakers||123–118||48||24||43||—||—||12||19||[AI]|
|60||Chamberlain, WiltWilt Chamberlain*||January 26, 1969||18||9||10||23||Los Angeles Lakers||Cincinnati Royals||126–113||—||22||36||—||—||16||24||[AJ]|
|60||King, BernardBernard King*||December 25, 1984||21||19||11||9||New York Knicks||New Jersey Nets||114–120||41||19||30||0||0||22||26||[AK]|||
|60||Bird, LarryLarry Bird*||March 12, 1985||—||—||19||18||Boston Celtics||Atlanta Hawks||126–115||43||22||36||1||4||15||16||[AL]|
|60||Chambers, TomTom Chambers||March 24, 1990||21||14||—||—||Phoenix Suns||Seattle SuperSonics||121–95||42||22||32||0||0||16||18||[AM]|||
|60||Iverson, AllenAllen Iverson*||February 12, 2005||17||12||11||20||Philadelphia 76ers||Orlando Magic||112–99||42:01||17||36||2||5||24||27|||
|60||Arenas, GilbertGilbert Arenas||December 17, 2006||12||5||12||15||Washington Wizards||Los Angeles Lakers||147–141||49:00||17||32||5||12||21||27||[AN]|||
|60||Bryant, KobeKobe Bryant||March 22, 2007||13||11||19||17||Los Angeles Lakers||Memphis Grizzlies||121–119||45:11||20||37||3||7||17||18||[AO]|||
|60||Bryant, KobeKobe Bryant||April 13, 2016||15||7||15||23||Los Angeles Lakers||Utah Jazz||101–96||42||22||50||6||21||10||12||[AP]|||
- NBA regular season records
- List of National Basketball Association players with 50 or more points in a playoff game
- List of NCAA Division I men's basketball players with 60 or more points in a game
- List of basketball players who have scored 100 points in a single game
- A 59 points scored in the second half, setting the NBA record. Game played at Hershey, Pennsylvania. Last game in a streak in which Chamberlain scored 60 points or more in four straight games.
- B Highest NBA scoring output recorded and broadcast on video media. Outscored the Raptors 55-41 in the second half. Lead Lakers from a 18-point deficit. Bryant was in the middle of a free throw scoring streak which came to an end at 62. Scored 19 consecutive Laker points between the end of the first half and the middle of the third quarter.
- C 3 OT; set a then-record for points in a game. Most points scored in a losing effort.
- D Set a then-record for points in a regulation game.
- E Most points scored in an opposing arena. Made 14 consecutive free throws at one point.
- F Thompson shot 13-14 from the field in the first quarter, setting an NBA record. 53 points on 20-23 shooting in 22 minutes played in the first half. Last game of the season; George Gervin scored 63 on the same night to win the scoring title by a .07 margin.
- G Set a then-record for points in a game.
- H Robinson scored his team's first 18 points. Last game of regular season to win a scoring title over Shaquille O'Neal.
- I 8 points in overtime. OT victory; also recorded his regular season career high for rebounds in this game with 18.
- J Chamberlain made 12 consecutive field goals at one point.
- K Fouled out with 1:18 remaining.
- L Last time Chamberlain scored 60+ at 32 years and 162 days. 22 of his 29 field goals were slam dunks.
- M Scored basket that sent the game to OT. Scored nine in extra period.
- N Set a then-record for points in a game.
- O Barry scored 45 points and made 21 field goals in the second half. Last Warriors home game of season.
- P 7 points in overtime. OT loss.
- Q Pre-shot clock era; set a then-record for points in a game. Fulks played all except the final minute of the game before the smallest crowd of the season at Philadelphia Arena. Only 1,500 fans showed up because of a transportation strike that was due to go into effect at midnight.
- R 3 OT; second time Baylor had a line of 60-10-5; no other player in NBA history accomplished that feat more than once.
- S First player in NBA history to score 60+ points in fewer than 40 minutes total playing time; only such instance in the 1960s.
- T 3rd and final time that Chamberlain scored 60+ and Elgin Baylor scored 50+ in the same game.
- U Scored 33 points in the second quarter, setting the NBA record. Gervin did not score from the field until his sixth attempt with 6:29 left in the first quarter. During the first half, Gervin had two separate streaks of 22 and 18 consecutive points. Lost game but won the scoring title on last game of the season over David Thompson.
- V All-time NBA Playoffs record for points in a game. Double-overtime first-round loss to eventual champions. 5 points in first overtime, 4 points in second overtime.
- W OT; Game played at Detroit, Michigan.
- X OT; Game played at Utica, New York.
- Y Scored only 7 points in the first quarter; missed 10 of his last 11 shots.
- Z Sat out the fourth quarter; outscored Dallas alone through three quarters, 62–61.
- AA Anthony made a half-court buzzer-beater at the end of the first half.
- AB 2 OT; the rest of the Lakers scored 30 points. Mikan scored 67% of his team's points.
- AC NBA Finals record for points in a game (game 5 victory); most points in a regulation playoff game.
- AD Jordan scored 24 of his team's first 26 points in the fourth quarter and made a key steal to force overtime. Scored five points in overtime.
- AE Scored 23 consecutive points in the game, setting an NBA record at the time. Part of a streak in which Jordan scored 50 or more points in three consecutive games to become the only player besides Wilt Chamberlain with a 3,000 point season.
- AF Largest margin of victory in Utah Jazz history and largest loss in Milwaukee Bucks history.
- AG On his 28th birthday (the most points scored on a player's birthday).
- AH Started the game 8-for-8 from 3-pt range. Wore protective mask due to nose injury earlier in week.
- AI Chamberlain's seventh straight 50+ point game (an NBA record) and 13th straight 40+ point game (he would push this streak to 14 the next evening). Game played at Hershey, Pennsylvania.
- AJ Game played at Cleveland, Ohio.
- AK 14 of 17 shooting in the first half. 6'11" George T. Johnson primarily guarded King in the second half, starting with 5:44 remaining in the third quarter (King had 49 points by this point). Johnson blocked King on two of his shots, and held him to 1—6 shooting from the field.
- AL Bird scored Boston's last 16 points. Bird's 59th and 60th points were scored on a 17-foot jump shot at the buzzer. Game played at University of New Orleans Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- AM 35 points in the first half, 25 points in the second half. Chambers shot 15—20 from the field in the first half and played with a pulled hamstring in that game.
- AN Scored 16 of his team's 21 points in overtime, setting the NBA record.
- AO 3rd game of a four-game 50+ streak; Bryant's 50+ streak exceeded only by Chamberlain's streaks of seven (twice), six, and five (four times).
- AP The final game of Bryant's career. Missed first five shots of the game. Scored 17 straight points in the last 5:27 of the 4th quarter. Hit the game-winning free throws. Most field goal attempts since 1984. Most points by a player in their final regular-season game. Oldest player to score 60.
- Lawrence, Mitch. "Chamberlain's feats the stuff of legend". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2009-03-18.
- "This Date in History-March". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. Retrieved 2009-03-18.
- hoophall.com (2007-02-10). "The Story Behind Wilt Chamberlain's 100-point game". Archived from the original on 2006-11-18.
- "Wilt's 100-Point Game Box Score". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Kobe's 81-point game second only to Wilt". ESPN.com. 2006-01-12. Retrieved 2009-03-18.
- "Toronto Raptors @ Los Angeles Lakers - Sunday, January 22nd, 2006". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Kobe's 81 point game highlights". Retrieved December 24, 2014.
- "ROBINSON GETS 71, SCORING TITLE". Chicago Tribune. April 25, 1994. p. C10.
- "Robinson Wins Title with 71 Big Ones". The Washington Post. April 25, 1994. p. B8.
- "Basketball; 69 Points F>or Jordan". The New York Times. March 29, 1990. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- Smith, Sam (March 29, 1990). "Jordan pours in 69 His `best game ever' beats Cavs in OT". Chicago Tribune. p. C1.
- "Portland Trail Blazers @ Los Angeles Lakers - Friday, March 16th, 2007". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- Povtak, Tim (January 17, 1993). "JORDAN'S 64 CAN'T STOP MAGIC ANDERSON STEALS SHOW IN OVERTIME". Orlando Sentinel. p. C1.
- "T-Mac has first 60-point game since 2000". ESPN.com. March 10, 2004. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Washington Wizards @ Orlando Magic - Wednesday, March 10th, 2004". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "It's Kobe's night as Mavs have no answers". ESPN.com. December 20, 2005. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Dallas Mavericks @ Los Angeles Lakers - Tuesday, December 20th, 2005". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Bobcats at Knicks - Game Preview, Play-by-Play, Scores and Recap on NBA.com". ESPN.com. January 24, 2014. Retrieved January 24, 2014.
- "61 for Jordan, 23 in a Row". The New York Times. April 17, 1987. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- Sakamoto, Bob (April 17, 1987). "Jordan triumphant in Bulls' defeat". Chicago Tribune. p. C1.
- Enlund, Tom (January 28, 1990). "Malone answers all-star snub with 61 points against Bucks", The Milwaukee Journal, p. 1C.
- "Los Angeles Lakers @ Los Angeles Clippers - Monday, March 6th, 2000". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Los Angeles Lakers @ New York Knicks - Monday, February 2nd, 2009". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Bobcats at Heat - March 3, 2014". NBA.com. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- Goldpaper, Sam (December 26, 1984). "King Scores Knick-Record 60 Points in Loss to Nets". The New York Times. p. D9.
- "Nosedive Persists For Nets". The New York Times. March 25, 1990. p. S4.
- "Suns' Chambers lights up Sonics for 60 points". Chicago Tribune. March 25, 1990. p. C15.
- "On This Day In History (3.24.90) Tom Chambers scored a franchise high 60 points vs the Sonics". Ballislife.com. Retrieved 2016-02-24.
- "Three-time scoring champ hits career high". ESPN.com. February 12, 2005. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Orlando Magic @ Philadelphia 76ers - Saturday, February 12th, 2005". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Washington Wizards @ Los Angeles Lakers - Sunday, December 17th, 2006". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Los Angeles Lakers @ Memphis Grizzlies - Thursday, March 22nd, 2007". NBA.com. Retrieved May 6, 2013.
- "Jazz vs. Lakers - Box Score - April 13, 2016". Retrieved April 13, 2016.