List of Neon Genesis Evangelion video games
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Neon Genesis Evangelion has spawned a number of computer games, as well as making numerous appearances in other titles such as the Super Robot Wars series by Banpresto. None of these games has been officially released outside Japan.
|Neon Genesis Evangelion: 1st Impression||March 1, 1996||Sega Saturn|
|Notes: The first Evangelion video game, released shortly after the TV series's run. The story is set after the episode ASUKA STRIKES!, with Shinji badly injured and suffering amnesia as the result of an Angel battle and needing to retrain (by sparring with Asuka in Unit-02) and having to defeat the Angel to regain his memories. The game features RPG elements and FMV clips for combat; most of the animation is original to 1st Impression (with the voices of the original Evangelion voice actors and some other content recycled from the TV series).|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion: 2nd Impression||March 6, 1997||Sega Saturn|
|Notes: A game that focuses mainly on Shinji and Mayumi Yamagishi, with RPG-style gaming and combat in the structure of an episode. A highly anticipated title, it met with strong sales upon release.|
|Girlfriend of Steel/Iron Maiden||1998||Sega Saturn, PlayStation, Windows, Macintosh|
|Notes: A Gainax game released as an extra 'episode' of the series, positing the further development of a series of manned Jet Alone robots. It focuses mainly on Shinji and Mana Kirishima.|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion 64||June 25, 1999||Nintendo 64|
|Notes: Released by Bandai, it covers the major battles throughout the TV series and movies as a combat and RPG game. It uses multiple voice clips and images recycled from the original series.|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion 2||2003||PlayStation 2, PSP|
|Notes: Released by Bandai/Alfa System, covering the entire run of the TV series and movies, with RPG style story interaction and combat. Items such as F-Type equipment and a new version of the Jet Alone project are included in the game.|
|Shinji Ikari Raising Project (碇シンジ育成計画 Ikari Shinji Ikusei Keikaku)||2004||Windows|
|Girlfriend of Steel 2/Iron Maiden the 2nd||2005||PlayStation 2, Windows, Macintosh|
|Notes: A Gainax game set in an alternate, "normal life" universe glimpsed in the final episode of the Evangelion TV series (it later inspired a spin-off manga series, Neon Genesis Evangelion: Angelic Days).|
|Secret of Evangelion||December 21, 2006 (PS2)
|PlayStation 2, PSP|
|Notes: An RPG/adventure retelling the end of the Evangelion storyline, introducing the new characters NERV investigator Kenzaki Kyouya and dummy-plug research scientist Kaga Hitomi.|
|Detective Evangelion||January 18, 2007||PlayStation 2|
|Notes: A non-canonical Broccoli game released on January 18, 2007 (after being delayed from its original release on November 22, 2006, with early orders later coming with picture puzzles as a result) as a combination of mecha battling and a whodunit murder mystery. The game introduced the Evangelion First-Type and Evangelion Second-Type and was the first to use both Evangelion Unit-01 and Shinji Ikari as playable characters. A manga based on the game was serialized in Shōnen Ace, starting in December 2006.|
|Evangelion: Battle Orchestra||June 28, 2007||PlayStation 2, PSP|
|Notes: A fighting game produced by Broccoli.|
|Puchi Eva: Evangelion @ Game||March 20, 2008||DS|
|Notes: By Bandai Namco Games|
|Evangelion: Jo||June 6, 2009||PlayStation 2, PSP|
|Notes: By Bandai Namco Games|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion - Eva and Good Friends The Stripping Project! (新世紀エヴァンゲリオン - エヴァと愉快な仲間たち : 脱衣補完計画)||1998||Windows|
|Notes: A strip mahjong game|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion Mahjong Hokan Keikaku||2000||Game Boy Color|
|The Stripping Project Complement / Eva and Good Friends: CDROM (脱衣補完計画/シンジと愉快な仲間たち セレクトCD-ROM)||2000||Windows & Macintosh|
|Notes: A strip mahjong game.|
|The Stripping Project Complement / Eva and Good Friends: CDROM2 (脱衣補完計画/シンジと愉快な仲間たち セレクトCD-ROM2)||2001||Windows & Macintosh|
|Notes: A strip mahjong game.|
|Shinji and Good Friends||1999||Windows|
|Notes: A series of different computer card games.|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion Digital Card Library||1997||Sega Saturn|
|Daifugo (シンジと愉快な仲間たち 爆烈大富豪, Eva and Good Friends) |
|Neon Genesis Evangelion: Collector's Disk Series|
|Notes: A three disk collection of official Evangelion artwork, advertisements, TV series animation cels, OP animation, sound clips, and a downloadable screen saver.|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion: Typing Project-E||1999||Dreamcast, PlayStation 2|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shito Ikusei||1999||Bandai Wonderswan|
|Neon Genesis Evangelion: Typing Hokan Keikaku||2001||Dreamcast|
|Ayanami Raising Project (綾波育成計画 Neon Genesis Evangelion:Ayanami Rei Ikusei)||2001||Windows & Dreamcast|
|Notes: A game similar to the Princess Maker game series, with the player is tasked with looking after Rei (their decisions affecting her personality and development, as well as the Evangelion storyline, including its outcome).|
|Ayanami Raising Project with Asuka Complement Project (綾波育成計画 withアスカ補完計画 Ayanami Ikusei Keikaku with Asuka Hokan Keikaku)||2003||PlayStation 2, Nintendo DS|
|Notes: A game similar to the Princess Maker game series, with the player is tasked with looking after Rei or Asuka (their decisions affecting her personality and development, as well as the Evangelion storyline, including its outcome).|
|Misato Katsuragi's Reporting Plan||2009||PlayStation 3|
|Notes: A strategy/puzzle game|
|Evangelion: Locus of the Soul||June 3, 2010||PSP, Nintendo DS|
|Notes: A pachislo game|
|Easy Victory Pachinko * Pachi-Slot Walkthrough Series Portable Vol. 1: Neon Genesis Evangelion||2010||PSP|
|Evangelion MAGI Angel Attack||2010||iPhone/iPod Touch|
|Notes: An Evangelion-themed memory game|
|Evangelion 3nd Impact||2011||PSP|
|Notes: A music-based game produced by Grasshopper Manufacture.|
|Browser Evangelion Shin Gekijōban||2012||Internet browser|
|Notes: A web browser game, based on the Rebuild movies, announced in October 2011 for a 2012 release. The game will be free, but supported by microtransactions.|
- "Neon Genesis Evangelion". Ex.org. Archived from the original on 2012-07-29. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Neon Genesis Evangelion: Second Impression". Ex.org. Archived from the original on 2012-08-02. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Tidbits...". Electronic Gaming Monthly. No. 95. Ziff Davis. June 1997. p. 22.
- "『エヴァ』新生!! 『シークレット オブ エヴァンゲリオン』 - ファミ通.com". Famitsu.com. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "名探偵エヴァンゲリオン". Broccoli.co.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "名探偵エヴァンゲリオ". Broccoli.co.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Amazon.co.jp： エヴァと愉快な仲間たち 脱衣補完計画!: ソフトウェア". Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Amazon.co.jp： 脱衣補完計画/シンジと愉快な仲間たち セレクトCD-ROM: ソフトウェア". Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Amazon.co.jp： 脱衣補完計画/シンジと愉快な仲間たち セレクトCD-ROM 2: ソフトウェア". Amazon.co.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "The Best Search Links on the Net". evangelion-memoire.com. Archived from the original on 2014-01-02. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Evangelion Collector Disk Series (CD ROM)". Ex.org. Archived from the original on 2012-08-01. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Afufu.net". Afufu.net. Retrieved 2012-11-21.[permanent dead link]
- "iPhoneエヴァアプリ「EVANGELION MAGI ANGEL ATTACK」配信開始！ | 新しモン好きblog". Hanage-magin.jugem.jp. 2010-06-30. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Evangelion pachislo game coming to PSP and DS". EvaGeeks.org. 30 April 2010. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "Evangelion Store". Evastore.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- "Games charts: The UK number one plus the Readers' Top 20". Metro.co.uk. 2010-06-11. Retrieved 2012-06-17.
- Christian Nutt (29 September 2011). "Grasshopper's Evangelion / 山岡晃の新たな終わる世界". Insert Credit. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- "New Evangelion Films to Get PC Browser Game in 2012". Anime News Network. 5 October 2011. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- Scott Green (5 October 2011). "Evangelion Licensed For Browser Based Games". Anime News Network. Retrieved 21 March 2012.
- Gainax Internet Section. "GAINAX NET｜Works｜Animation & Films｜新世紀エヴァンゲリオン｜News&Topics". Gainax.co.jp. Retrieved 2012-06-17.