List of New York State Historic Sites
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of New York State Historic Sites (SHS). It includes 40 state-designated historic sites and parks managed by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation. Twenty-two sites also are National Historic Landmarks (NHLs) of the United States and are described further in List of National Historic Landmarks in New York. The 18 SHS that are not NHLs may be of national importance and be NHL-eligible but, as state-owned and -administered sites, may have less need for additional protection; or may be of state, but not national, importance.
- Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor
- Great Camps
- List of National Historic Landmarks in New York
- List of New York state parks
- National Register of Historic Places listings in New York
- New York State Canalway Trail
- "New York State Assembly Bill A03290 - New York State Park System Act". New York State Assembly. January 22, 2015. Retrieved April 20, 2016.
- "Historic Site Search Results". NYS Office of Parks, Recreation & Historic Preservation. Retrieved May 17, 2016.
- Twenty-three National Historic Landmarks in New York listed show State Historic Sites designation. The Crown Point State Historic Site includes two separately listed National Historic Landmarks: Fort Crown Point NHL and Fort Frederic NHL.
- Numbers represent an ordering by significant words. Various colorings, defined here, differentiate National Historic Landmarks and historic districts from other National Register of Historic Places buildings, structures, sites or objects.
- "Bird Conservation Areas". NYS OPRHP. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- Leyden, Liz (September 1, 2011). "Manor That Has Stood for Centuries Teeters in Storm's Wake". The New York Times. Retrieved April 20, 2016.