List of North Korean television series
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This television-related list is incomplete; you can help by .
|1977||Squirrel and Hedgehog||Kim Jun-Ok (Episode 1~4), Kim Young-Cheol, Kim Gwang-Seong, Do Cheol, Oh Sin-Hyeok, Yun Young-Gil, Lee Seok-Hoon, Lee Cheol||Animated series|
|1980||A New Spring in Sokgaeul||Drama|
|Bulletproof Wall||Um Chang-gol||Heon Sung-joon||Historical drama, Psychological thriller||The series is set in the 1940s Korea under Japanese occupation. Narrator often details the historical timeline, from North Korean viewpoint, compared to the one portrayed in the series. The series contains CGI animated action scenes. Cast actors of Russian origin appear in the series.|
|Chastisement||Historical drama||Takes place at the time of March 1st Movement|
|It's So Funny||Comedy||One of the world's longest running stage-comedy variety shows ever. It has been running since the 1970s.|
|Kye Wol Hyang||Historical drama||Takes place during Imjin war in the 16th century|
|Common Sense||Propaganda||Included the five-episode series Let's trim our hair in accordance with the socialist lifestyle in 2004|
|2000||Our Warm House||Medical drama||Takes place at Pyongyang Maternity Hospital|
|2000||Red Soil||Drama||Based on life of Ri Ryong-jin|
|2000||The First Chief of Oil Department||Drama||Based on actual events|
|2002||Don't Wake Up Mom||Soap opera||In three parts, about a working couple|
|2004||Our Warm Home||Drama||About daily life in North Korea, in two parts|
|2006||The Class Continues||Drama||About daily life in North Korea, in eight parts|
|2009||The Spring of Life||Drama||About daily life in North Korea, in three parts|
|2011||Our Women's Soccer Team||Drama||About daily life in North Korea, in three parts|
|Unknown||Child Broadcast Time||Children's Program||Compilation of North Korean cartoons.|
- List of North Korean actors
- List of North Korean films
- List of North Korean operas
- Television in North Korea
- Welcome to Pyongyang Animal Park, a film that was made originally as a two episode television series
- "Korea Film Coporation [sic]. Others". korfilm.com.kp. Korea Film Corporation. p. 1. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- Ri 2012, p. 172.
- Ri 2012, p. 173.
- JH Ahn (6 July 2015). "North Korea's "Bulletproof Wall" TV series oddly satisfying". Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- Ri 2012, p. 179.
- Ri 2012, p. 171.
- Ri 2012, p. 178.
- Herskovitz, Jon; Kim, Christine (12 April 2010). "There's Little Funny About North Korea's Comedy Show". ABC News. Archived from the original on 16 April 2010.
- Ri 2012, p. 174.
- Ri 2012, p. 177.
- BBC Monitoring (8 January 2005). "N Korea wages war on long hair". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- McCurry, Justin (12 January 2005). "Get a socialist haircut, North Korea tells men". the Guardian. Retrieved 12 February 2016.
- Ri 2012, p. 170.
- Ri 2012, p. 175.
- Ri 2012, p. 176.
- Understanding North Korea: Totalitarian dictatorship, Highly centralized economies, Grand Socialist Family. Seoul: Institute for Unification Education, Ministry of Unification. 2015. p. 333. GGKEY:Q35FXTAE44S.
- "KCTV Video Archive". KCNA Watch. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- Ri, Ok Gyong (15 September 2012). Hong Chan Su; Ri Un Gyong (eds.). Korean film: Feature Film, TV Drama, Documentary, Science Film, Children's Film / 조선 영화: 예술, 텔레비죤극, 기록, 과학, 아동 (in English and Korean). Translated by Ro Yong Chol; Jang Hyang Gi; Yang Sung Mi. Pyongyang: Korea Film Export & Import Corporation. OCLC 857899124.