List of Nova Scotia provincial highways
Arterial (100-series) highways
|Highway||Length (km)||Length (mi)||Destinations||Alternate Names||Notes|
|Hwy 101||310||190||Bedford - Annapolis Valley - Digby - Yarmouth||Harvest Highway|
|Hwy 102||100||62||Halifax - Bedford - Halifax Stanfield International Airport - Shubenacadie Valley - Truro||Veterans' Memorial Highway|
|Hwy 103||294||183||Halifax - Bridgewater - Liverpool - Barrington Passage - Yarmouth||Fishermens' Memorial Highway|
|Hwy 104 (TCH) / Hwy 104||322||200||Route 2 (TCH) at the N.B Border - Amherst - Truro - New Glasgow - Antigonish -||Trans-Canada Highway,
Miners' Memorial Highway
|TCH designation only between the New Brunswick border & Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia.|
|Hwy 105 (TCH)||294||183||Port Hawkesbury - Whycocomagh - Baddeck - Newfoundland Ferry Terminal in North Sydney||Trans-Canada Highway,
Mabel & Alexander Graham Bell Way
|Hwy 106 (TCH)||19||12||Hwy. 104 near Westville - Pictou Causeway - Pictou - P.E.I Ferry Terminal in Caribou, Nova Scotia||Trans-Canada Highway,
|Hwy 107||38||24||Burnside - Westphal - Lake Echo - Porters Lake - Musquodoboit Harbour||Kilometres are approximate.|
|Hwy 111||13||8.1||Eastern Passage - Dartmouth||Circumferential Highway|
|Hwy 113||9.9||6.2||Hwy. 102 - Hwy. 103||Proposed freeway.|
|Hwy 118||15.5||9.6||Dartmouth - Dartmouth Crossing - Waverley - Fall River||Lakeview Drive|
|Hwy 125||28||17||North Sydney - Sydney||Peacekeepers' Way|
|Hwy 142||6||3.7||Hwy. 104 - Springhill|
|Hwy 162||7||4.3||Hwy. 105 in Bras D'Or - Point Aconi|
Note: Nova Scotia's original arterial highway number system had route number signs in the same shape as the U.S. Highway route number signs. These signs are now used for Trunk routes.
Current Trunk Highways
Historical Trunk Highways
A comparison of current highway maps and the 1947 Imperial Oil map of the Maritime Provinces will account for many of the "missing" trunk highways:
- Trunk 5 has been functionally replaced by Highway 105, with some parts of the previous highway alignment incorporated into Highway 105, and others redesignated as Collector Highways 205 and 305 or as un-numbered roads, particularly "Old Route 5" on Boularderie Island. Note that the latter is a name not a provincial route number.
- Trunk 9 ran from Parrsboro to Apple River and has been incorporated into Collector Highway 209.
- Trunk 11 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 311.
- Trunk 15 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 215.
- Trunk 17 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 217.
- Trunk 18 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 318.
- Trunk 20 ran from Grande Anse to Arichat and has been redesignated as Collector Highway 320. (With the completion of Highway 104 in the region, the present northern terminus of Route 320 is relocated in Louisdale.)
- Trunk 21 ran from Oxford to Port Philip, has been incorporated into Collector Highway 321.
- Trunk 23 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 223.
- Trunk 24 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 224.
- Trunk 26 ran between Springhill and Athol. This route existed prior to 1938. A portion of this route (from Springhill to just north of Springhill Jct.) was subsequently incorporated into a new alignment of Trunk 2. The remaining segment of the former Trunk 26 near Athol has remained unsigned since the highway was decommissioned.
- Trunk 30 (former usage) was redesignated as Collector Highway 330, on Cape Sable Island.
- Trunk 31 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 331.
- Trunk 32[disambiguation needed] (former usage) has been redesignated as Collector Highway 332.
- Trunk 33 (former usage) has been redesignated as Collector Highway 333.
- Trunk 34 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 334.
- Trunk 35 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 335.
- Trunk 40 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 340.
- Trunk 41 ran from Kentville to Kingsport and has been incorporated in three separate collector highways. The segment from Kentville to Canard has been redesignated as Highway 341; the largely north-south segment between Canard and Canning has been incorporated into Highway 358; finally, the east-west segment between Canning and Kingsport now forms the easternmost segment of Highway 221.
- Trunk 44 ran from Auld's Cove to Mulgrave and has been incorporated into the much longer Collector Highway 344. Prior to the completion of the Canso Causeway in 1955, Trunk 44 was a portion of Trunk 4, which led to and from ferry service that operated between Mulgrave and Port Hawkesbury on Cape Breton Island.
- Trunk 45 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 245.
- Trunk 66 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 366.
These changes are also visible in comparison to the 1955 Major Roads historical map on the Atlas of Canada website.
- Cabot Trail -- Highway 105 - Hunters Mountain - Northeast Margaree - Margaree Forks - Margaree Harbour - Grand-Étang - Chéticamp - Pleasant Bay - Cape North - Neil's Harbour - Ingonish - South Gut St. Anns - St. Ann's - South Haven
- Ceilidh Trail -- Port Hastings - Judique North - Harbourview - Port Hood - Mabou - Inverness
- Bras d'Or Lakes Scenic Drive
- Digby Neck and Islands -- Digby - Sandy Cove - Tiverton - Long Island - Freeport - Westport
- Evangeline Trail -- Lower Sackville - Windsor - Kentville - Middleton - Bridgetown - Digby - Yarmouth
- Fleur-de-Lis Trail -- Isle Madame - Arichat - Petit de Grat - St. Peter's - D'Escousse - Louisbourg
- Fundy Shore Ecotour -- Advocate Harbour - Joggins - Joggins - Parrsboro - Springhill, Amherst - Green Oaks - Beaver Brook - Clifton - Old Barns - Maitland - Selma - Noel Shore- Densmore Mills-Minasville - Moose Brook - Tenecape - Walton - Cambridge - Bramber - Cheverie - Kempt Shore - Summerville - Centre Burlington - Brooklyn
- Glooscap Trail -- Truro - Onslow - Glenholme - Bass River - Lower Economy - Five Islands - Parrsboro - Springhill - Amherst - Green Oaks - Beaver Brook - Clifton- Old Barns - Maitland- Selma- Noel Shore - Densmore Mills - Minasville- Moose Brook - Tenecape - Walton - Cambridge- Bramber- Cheverie- Kempt Shore - Summerville- Centre Burlington - Brooklyn
- Kejimkujik Scenic Drive -- Liverpool - Kejimkujik National Park - Annapolis Royal
- Lighthouse Route -- Halifax - Beechville - Goodwood - Hatchet Lake - White's lake - Shad Bay - Bayside - Peggys Cove - Indian Harbour - Hackett's Cove - Glen Margaret - Seabright - French Village - Glen Haven - Tantallon - Upper Tantallon - Hubbards- Fox Point - Mill Cove- Northwest Cove - Aspotogan - Bayswater - East River- - East River - Chester - Lunenburg - Bridgewater - Oak Hill - Pleasantville - Upper LaHave - Rose Bay - Riverport - East LaHave - Crescent Beach - Petite Riviere - Broad Cove - Cherry Hill - Vogler's Cove - Mill Village - Liverpool - Shelburne - Barrington Passage - Wedgeport - Arcadia - Yarmouth
- Marconi Trail -- Louisbourg - Main-a-Dieu - Bateston - Catalone - Marion Bridge - Donkin - Glace Bay
- Marine Drive -- Dartmouth - Eastern Passage - Cole Harbour - Upper Lawrencetown - West Lawrencetown - Seaforth - West Chezzetcook - Porters Lake - Musquodoboit Harbour - Jeddore - Sheet Harbour - Isaac's Harbour - Country Harbour Ferry - Port Bickerton - Harpellville - Indian Harbour Lake - Jordanville - Stillwater - Mulgrave - Sand Point - Boylston- Auld's Cove .
- Sunrise Trail -- Amherst - Tidnish Bridge - Tidnish - Lorneville - Port Howe - Pugwash - Wallace - Malagash - Tatamagouche - River John - Caribou - Northumberland Ferries - Pictou - Westville - New Glasgow - Antigonish - Doctors Brook - Lower Barney's River - Morristown - Cape George - Georgeville - Malignant Cove - Tracadie - Havre Boucher - Auld's Cove - Canso Causeway
There is also an extensive system of unnumbered local roads in Nova Scotia, many of which are similar in construction, surface and dimension to the numbered collector highways. Examples of such un-numbered roads are:
- Ballpark Road
- Bethel Drive
- Mineville Road
- Mira Road
- Crisp Road: Ingilsville, Williamston, and New Albany
- West Dalhousie Road: Lequille, Lake LaRose, Perotte, West Dalhousie, Hannamville and Durland Lake
- Inglisville Road: West Inglisville,Inglisville, East Inglisville
- Mary Jane Riley Road: Clementsvale, Guinea, Waldeck
- Roxbury Road: Roxbury
- Neaves Road: Neavesville, Walker Lake
- "Traffic Volumes Primary Highway System 1999-2008" (PDF). Government of Nova Scotia. April 2009. Retrieved July 8, 2019.