List of Nova Scotia provincial highways
Arterial (100-series) highways
See also: 100-series highways (Nova Scotia)
|Highway||Length (km)||Length (mi)||Destinations||Alternate Names||Notes|
|Hwy 101||310||190||Bedford - Annapolis Valley - Digby - Yarmouth||Harvest Highway|
|Hwy 102||100||62||Halifax - Bedford - Halifax Stanfield International Airport - Shubenacadie Valley - Truro||Veterans' Memorial Highway|
|Hwy 103||294||183||Halifax - Bridgewater - Liverpool - Barrington Passage - Yarmouth||Fishermens' Memorial Highway|
|Hwy 104 (TCH)/ Hwy 104||322||200||Route 2 (TCH) at the N.B Border - Amherst - Truro - New Glasgow - Antigonish -||Trans-Canada Highway,
Miners' Memorial Highway
|TCH designation only between the New Brunswick border & Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia.|
|Hwy 105 (TCH)||294||183||Port Hawkesbury - Whycocomagh - Baddeck - Newfoundland Ferry Terminal in North Sydney||Trans-Canada Highway,
Mabel & Alexander Graham Bell Way
|Hwy 106 (TCH)||294||183||Hwy. 104 near Westville - Pictou Causeway - Pictou - P.E.I Ferry Terminal in Caribou, Nova Scotia||Trans-Canada Highway,
|Hwy 107||38||24||Burnside - Westphal - Lake Echo - Porters Lake - Musquodoboit Harbour||Jubilee Highway||Kilometres are approximate.|
|Hwy 111||13||8.1||Eastern Pasage - Dartmouth||Circumferential Highway|
|Hwy 113||9.9||6.2||Hwy. 102 - Hwy. 103||Proposed freeway.|
|Hwy 118||15.5||9.6||Dartmouth - Dartmouth Crossing - Waverley - Fall River||Lakeview Drive|
|Hwy 125||28||17||North Sydney - Sydney||Peacekeepers' Way|
|Hwy 142||6||3.7||Hwy. 104 - Springhill|
|Hwy 162||7||4.3||Hwy. 105 in Bras D'Or - Point Aconi|
Historical Note: Nova Scotia's original arterial highway number system had route number signs in the same shape as the U.S. Highway route number signs. These signs are now used for Trunk routes.
Current Trunk Highways
Historical Trunk Highways
A comparison of current highway maps and the 1947 Imperial Oil map of the Maritime Provinces will account for many of the "missing" trunk highways:
- Trunk 5 has been functionally replaced by Highway 105, with some parts of the previous highway alignment incorporated into Highway 105, and others redesignated as Collector Highways 205 and 305 or as un-numbered roads, particularly "Old Route 5" on Boularderie Island. Note that the latter is a name not a provincial route number.
- Trunk 9, which ran from Parrsboro to Apple River, has been incorporated into Collector Highway 209.
- Trunk 11 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 311.
- Trunk 15 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 215.
- Trunk 17 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 217.
- Trunk 18 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 318.
- Trunk 20, which ran from Grand Anse to Arichat, has been redesignated as Collector Highway 320. (With the completion of Highway 104 in the region, the present northern terminus of Route 320 is relocated in Louisdale.)
- Trunk 21, which ran from Oxford to Port Philip, has been incorporated into Collector Highway 321.
- Trunk 23, has been redesignated as Collector Highway 223.
- Trunk 24 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 224.
- Trunk 26 ran between Springhill and Athol. This route existed prior to 1938. A portion of this route (from Springhill to just north of Springhill Jct.) was subsequently incorporated into a new alignment of Trunk 2. The remaining segment of the former Trunk 26 near Athol has remained unsigned since the highway was decommissioned.
- Trunk 30 (former usage) was redesignated as Collector Highway 330, on Cape Sable Island.
- Trunk 31 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 331.
- Trunk 32 (former usage) has been redesignated as Collector Highway 332.
- Trunk 33 (former usage) has been redesignated as Collector Highway 333.
- Trunk 34 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 334.
- Trunk 35 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 335.
- Trunk 40 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 340.
- Trunk 41, which ran from Kentville to Kingsport, has been incorporated in three separate collector highways. The segment from Kentville to Canard has been redesignated as Highway 341; the largely north-south segment between Canard and Canning has been incorporated into Highway 358; finally, the east-west segment between Canning and Kingsport now forms the easternmost segment of Highway 221.
- Trunk 44, which ran from Auld's Cove to Mulgrave has been incorporated into the much longer Collector Highway 344. Prior to the completion of the Canso Causeway in 1955, Trunk 44 was a portion of Trunk 4, which led to and from ferry service that operated between Mulgrave and Port Hawkesbury on Cape Breton Island.
- Trunk 45 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 245.
- Trunk 66 has been redesignated as Collector Highway 366.
These changes are also visible in comparison to the 1955 Major Roads historical map on the Atlas of Canada website. 
- Route 201: Annapolis Royal - Bridgetown - Lawrencetown - Middleton - Greenwood - Kingston
- Route 202: Mount Uniacke - Newport Corner - Upper Rawdon - Nine Mile River
- Route 203: Carleton - Welshtown - Shelburne
- Route 204: Amherst - Brookdale - Salem - East Leicester - Oxford - Birchwood - Streets Ridge via valley north of Cobequid Mountains
- Route 205: Baddeck - Crescent Cove - Baddeck Bay - MacAulays Hill
- Route 206: Arichat - West Arichat - Martinique
- Route 207: Dartmouth - Cole Harbour - Upper Lawerencetown - West Lawerencetown - Lawerencetown - Lloy - Three Fathom Harbour - Seaforth - Grand Desert - West Chezzetcook - Porter
- Route 208: South Brookfield - North Brookfield - Pleasant River - Colpton - Nineveh - Hemford - Simpsons Corner - New Germany
- Route 209: Parrsboro - Joggins via Minas Basin and Chignecto Bay shorelines
- Route 210: Greenfield - Chelsea - Newcombville
- Route 211: Isaac's Harbour North - Country Harbour Ferry - Port Bickerton - Arichat - Indian Harbour Lake - Arichat - Stillwater - Trunk 7
- Route 212: Enfield - Goffs - Dollar Lake Provincial Park - Elerbank
- Route 213: Upper Tantallon - Stillwater Lake - Yankeetown - Hammonds Plains - Killarney - Bedford
- Route 214: Elmsdale - Belnan - Lower Nine Mile River
- Route 215: Newport Corner - Brooklyn - Upper Burlington - Centre Burlington - Lower Burlington - Summerville - Kempt Shore - Cheverie - Bramber - Cambridge - Pembroke - East Walton - Tenecape - Moose Brook - Minasville - Noel - Lake Road - East Noel - Densmore Mills - Noel Shore - Lower Selma - Stirling Brook - Selma - Maitland - South Maitland - Urbania - Admiral Rock - Shubenacadie
- Route 216: Christmas Island - Benacadie West - Benacadie Pond - Castle Bay - Eskasoni - Island View - Northside East Bay - McKenzie East Bay - East Bay
- Route 217: Freeport - Central Grove - Tiverton - East Ferry - Tiddville - Little River - Mink Cove - Sandy Cove - Lake Midway - Waterford - Rossway - Roxville - Seabrook - Digby
- Route 219: Dunvegan - Rear Dunvegan - St. Rose - Chimney Corner - Margaree Harbour
- Route 221: Kingsport - Habitant - Canning - Sheffield Mills - Gibson Woods - Centreville - Billtown - Lakeville - Kinsmans Corners - Buckleys Corner - Welsford - Dempseys Corner - Weltons Corner - North Kingston - Spa Springs
- Route 223: North Side Whycocomagh Bay - Little Narrows - Ottawa Brook - Jamesville - Iona - Grand Narrows - Christmas Island - Big Brook - Big Beach - Shunacadie - Glasgow - Cross Point - Beaver Cove - Boisdale - Ironville - Leitches Creek - Leitches Creek Station
- Route 224: Shubenacadie - Pine Grove - Gays River - Cooks Brook - Chaswood - Middle Musquodoboit - Elmsvale - Centre Musquodoboit - Upper Musquodoboit - Sheet Harbour Road - Marinette - Sheet Harbour
- Route 236: Scotch Village - Stanley - Clarksville - Kennetcook - South Maitland - Green Oaks - Old Barns - Truro
- Route 239: North West Arm - Point Edward - Edwardsville - Westmount
- Route 242: Joggins (via isthmus of Minudie Peninsula created by Cobequid Bay and River Hebert) - River Hebert - Maccan
- Route 245: Sutherlands River - Egerton - Merigomish - Lower Barney's River - Doctors Brook - Malignant Cove - Antigonish
- Route 246: Wentworth - West New Annan - Tatamagouche
- Route 247: St. Peters - Point Michaud - L'Ardoise - Grande Greve - Grand River - Lower L'Ardoise
- Route 252: Mabou - Brook Village - Nevada Valley - Skye Glen - Churchview - Whycocomagh
- Route 253: Armdale - Jollimore - Boulderwood - Purcell's Cove - Ferguson's Cove - Herring Cove
- Route 255: Glace Bay - Port Morien - Mira Gut - Hornes Road
- Route 256: West New Annan - The Falls - West Branch River John - River John - Scotsburn - Lyons Brook
- Route 276: South Lochaber - Goshen
- Route 277: Lantz - Dutch Settlement - Carroll's Corner - Gays River
- Route 289: Green Oaks - Pleasant Valley - Brookfield - Middle Stewiacke - Halfway Brook - Otter Brook - Upper Stewiacke - Stewiacke Cross Roads - Springside - Sheepherders Junction - Lansdowne - New Lairg - Rocklin - Union Centre - Hazel Glen - Westville - New Glasgow - Academy - Little Harbour Road - Little Harbour
- Route 301: via west shore of River Phillip / Oxford - Kolbec - Riverview - Port Howe
- Route 302: Southampton - South Athol - Athol - Maccan - Nappan
- Route 303: Conway - Digby - Digby Ferry
- Route 304: Yarmouth , Overton, Yarmouth Bar, Cape Forchu, John's Cove, Yarmouth Light
- Route 305: Boularderie East - North Sydney - Sydney - Little Bras O'r - Sydney Mines
- Route 306: Halifax - Spryfield - Harrietsfield - Williamswood - Sambro
- Route 307: Wentworth Centre via Wentworth Valley - Lower Wentworth - Six Mile Road - Wallace Station - Wallace
- Route 308: Morris Island - Surette's Island - Amiraults Hill - Tusket - Quinan
- Route 309: Barrington - Coffinscroft - Villagedale - Upper Port La Tour - Reynoldscroft - Cape Negro - Thomasville - Port Clyde - Clyde River
- Route 311: Truro - Upper Onslow - North River - Central North River - Upper North River - Nuttby - Earltown - West Earltown - The Falls - Balfron - Tatamagouche
- Route 312: South Haven - Englishtown - Jersey Cove - River Bennet
- Route 316: Half Island Cove - Upper Whitehead - Port Felix East - Port Felix - Charlos Cove - Larry's River - New Harbour West - Coddle's Harbour - Drumhead - Seal Harbour - Goldboro - Isaac's Harbour North - Stormont - Middle Country Harbour - Country Harbour Mines - Cross Roads Country Harbour - Country Harbour Lake - Fisher Mills - Eight Island Lake - Goshen - Argyle - Loch Katrine - Upper South River - Frasers Mills - St. Andrews - Lower South River
- Route 318: Dartmouth - Port Wallace - Portobello - Waverley
- Route 320: Arichat - D'Escousse - Poulamon - Martinique - Lennox Passage - Louisdale
- Route 321: Springhill - Salt Springs - Valley Road - River Philip - Oxford - Kolbec - Riverview - Port Howe
- Route 322: Marine Drive / Dartmouth - Woodside - Shearwater - Eastern Passage - Cow Bay - River Haven - Cole Harbour
- Route 324: Lunenburg - Lilydale - Northwest - Fauxburg - Blockhouse
- Route 325: Colpton - West Clifford - Bakers Settlement - Newcombville - Wileville - Bridgewater - Oak Hill - Whynotts Settlement - Maitland - Blockhouse - Mahone Bay
- Route 326: Earltown - MacBains Corner - East Earltown - Denmark - Middleton Corner - Brule Corner
- Route 327: Gabarus - French Road - Big Ridge South - Big Ridge - Marion Bridge - Caribou Marsh - Dutch Brook - Prime Brook - Membertou - Sydney
- Route 328: Upper Lawrencetown - Lake Major
- Route 329: East River - Blandford - Bayswater - Aspotogan - Northwest Cove - Mill Cove - Fox Point - Hubbards
- Route 330: Cape Sable Island - Clarks Harbour - Barrington Passage
- Route 331: East Port Medway - Vogler's Cove - Broad Cove - Petite Riviere - Crescent Beach - Dublin Shore - LaHave - West LaHave - Pleasantville - Bridgewater
- Route 332: Upper LaHave - Middle LaHave - East LaHave - Riverport - Rose Bay - Bayport - First South - Lunenburg - Garden Lots
- Route 333: Upper Tantallon - Tantallon - Glen Haven - French Village - Seabright - Glen Margaret - Hacketts Cove - Indian Harbour - Peggys Cove - West Dover - Middle Village - Bayside - Shad Bay - Whites Lake - Hatchet Lake - Goodwood - Beechville
- Route 334: Lower Wedgeport - Wedgeport - Plymouth - Arcadia
- Route 335: Lower West Pubnico - Middle West Pubnico - West Pubnico - Upper West Pubnico - Pubnico
- Route 336: Upper Musquodoboit - Dean - Newton Mills - Eastville - Springside
- Route 337: Antigonish - Morristown - Cape George - Georgeville - Malignant Cove
- Route 340: Hebron - Deerfield - Weaver Settlement - Carleton - Richfield - Pleasant Valley - Forest Glen - Corberrie - Weymouth
- Route 341: Kentville - Canard
- Route 344: Marine Drive / Auld's Cove - Mulgrave - Pirate Harbour - Steep Creek - Middle Melford - Sand Point - Hadleyville - St. Francis Harbour - Manassette Lake - Port Shoreham - Manchester - Boylston
- Route 347: New Glasgow - Priestville - Coalburn - Greenwood - McPhersons Mills - Blue Mountain - Moose River - Garden of Eden - Eden Lake - Rocky Mountain - Willowdale - East River St. Marys - Newtown - Denver - Aspen
- Route 348: Little Harbour - Chance Harbour - Pictou Landing - Boat Harbour West 37 - Hillside - Trenton - New Glasgow - Plymouth - Churchville - Springville - Bridgeville - St. Pauls - Glencoe - Iron Rock - Sunnybrae - Caledonia - Lower Caledonia - Upper Smithfield - Smithfield - Glenelg - Melrose
- Route 349: Armdale - Spryfield - Herring Cove - Portuguese Cove - Halibut Bay - Bear Cove - Duncan's Cove - Ketch Harbour - Sambro Head - Sambro
- Route 354: Middle Sackville - Beaver Bank - Middle Beaverbank - North Beaverbank - Beaver Bank Villa - Upper Rawdon - Gore - Kennetcook - Noel Road - North Noel Road - Gormanville - Noel
- Route 357: Musquodoboit Harbour - Meaghers Grant - Gibraltar - Elderbank - Middle Musquodoboit
- Route 358: Greenwich - Port Williams - Canard - Hillaton - Canning - The Lookoff - Scot's Bay
- Route 359: Kentville - Aldershot - Steam Mill Village - Centreville - East Halls Harbour Road - Halls Harbour
- Route 360: Morristown - Berwick - Somerset - Welsford - Garland - Harbourville
- Route 362: Middleton - Spa Springs - Victoria Vale - Margaretsville - East Margaretsville
- Route 366: East Amherst - Tyndal Road - Tidnish Bridge - Tidnish Cross Roads - Lorneville - Amherst Shore - Northport - East Linden - Linden - Port Howe
- Route 368: Mahoneys Corner - Streets Ridge - South Middleboro - Middleboro - North Middleboro - Fountain Road - Head of Wallace Bay
- Route 374: New Glasgow - Stellarton - Riverton - Eureka - Hopewell - Lorne - Trafalgar - Lochaber Mines - Malay Falls - Sheet Harbour
- Route 376: West River - Durham - Lyons Brook - Haliburton
- Route 395: Southwest Margaree - Upper Margaree - East Lake Ainslie - South Lake Ainslie - Ainslie Glen - Churchview
- Cabot Trail -- Highway 105 - Hunters Mountain - Northeast Margaree - Margaree Forks - Margaree Harbour - Grand-Étang - Chéticamp - Pleasant Bay - Cape North - Neil's Harbour - Ingonish - South Gut St. Anns - St. Ann's - South Haven
- Evangeline Trail -- Lower Sackville - Windsor - Kentville - Middleton - Bridgetown - Digby - Yarmouth
- Fundy Shore Ecotour -- Advocate Harbour - Joggins - Joggins - Parrsboro - Springhill , Amherst - Green Oaks - Beaver Brook - Clifton - Old Barns - Maitland - Selma - Noel Shore- Densmore Mills-Minasville - Moose Brook - Tenecape - Walton - Cambridge - Bramber - Cheverie - Kempt Shore - Summerville - Centre Burlington - Brooklyn
- Glooscap Trail -- Truro - Onslow - Glenholme - Bass River - Lower Economy - Five Islands - Parrsboro - Springhill - Amherst - Green Oaks - Beaver Brook - Clifton- Old Barns - Maitland- Selma- Noel Shore - Densmore Mills - Minasville- Moose Brook - Tenecape - Walton - Cambridge- Bramber- Cheverie- Kempt Shore - Summerville- Centre Burlington - Brooklyn
- Lighthouse Route -- Halifax - Beechville - Goodwood - Hatchet Lake - White's lake - Shad Bay - Bayside - Peggys Cove - Indian Harbour - Hackett's Cove - Glen Margaret - Seabright - French Village - Glen Haven - Tantallon - Upper Tantallon - Hubbards- Fox Point - Mill Cove- Northwest Cove - Aspotogan - Bayswater - East River- - East River - Chester - Lunenburg - Bridgewater - Oak Hill - Pleasantville - Upper LaHave - Rose Bay - Riverport - East LaHave - Crescent Beach - Petite Riviere - Broad Cove - Cherry Hill - Vogler's Cove - Mill Village - Liverpool - Shelburne - Barrington Passage - Wedgeport - Arcadia - Yarmouth
- Marconi Trail -- Louisbourg - Main-a-Dieu - Bateston - Catalone - Marion Bridge - Donkin - Glace Bay
- Marine Drive -- Dartmouth - Eastern Passage - Cole Harbour - Upper Lawrencetown - West Lawrencetown - Seaforth - West Chezzetcook - Porters Lake - Musquodoboit Harbour - Jeddore - Sheet Harbour - Isaac's Harbour - Country Harbour Ferry - Port Bickerton - Harpellville - Indian Harbour Lake - Jordanville - Stillwater - Mulgrave - Sand Point - Boylston- Auld's Cove .
- Sunrise Trail -- Amherst - Tidnish Bridge - Tidnish - Lorneville - Port Howe - Pugwash - Wallace - Malagash - Tatamagouche - River John - Caribou - Northumberland Ferries - Pictou - Westville - New Glasgow - Antigonish - Doctors Brook - Lower Barney's River - Morristown - Cape George - Georgeville - Malignant Cove - Tracadie - Havre Boucher - Auld's Cove - Canso Causeway
List of Nova Scotia provincial highways by length
This is a list of all Nova Scotia provincial highways by length, longest to shortest.
|Rank||Highway||Distance (km)||Distance (mi)||Notes|
|3||Hwy 104 (TCH)||322||200||Also referred to as the Miners' Memorial Highway.|
|4||Hwy 101||310||190||Also referred to as the Harvest Highway.|
|5||Trunk 30||298||185||Also referred to as the Cabot Trail.|
|6||Hwy 103||294||183||Also referred to as the Fishermans' Memorial Highway.|
|9||Hwy 105 (TCH)||144||89||Also referred to as the Mabel & Alexander Graham Bell Way.|
|15||Hwy 102||100||62||Also referred to as the Veterans' Memorial Highway.|
|69||Hwy 125||28||17||Also referred to as the Peacekeepers' Way.|
|83||Hwy 106 (TCH)||19||12||Also referred to as the Jubilee Highway.|
|93||Hwy 118||15.5||9.6||Also referred to as Lakeview Drive.|
|97||Hwy 111||13||8.1||Also referred to as the Circumferential Highway.|
|108||Hwy 113||9.9||6.2||Proposed freeway between Hwy. 102 & Hwy. 103.|
|113||Trunk 33||3.5||2.2||Also referred to as the Bedford Bypass.|
There is also an extensive system of unnumbered local roads in Nova Scotia, many of which are similar in construction, surface and dimension to the numbered collector highways. Examples of such un-numbered roads are:
- Ballpark Road
- Bethel Drive
- Mineville Road
- Mira Road
- Crisp Road: Ingilsville, Williamston, and New Albany
- West Dalhousie Road: Lequille, Lake LaRose, Perotte, West Dalhousie, Hannamville and Durland Lake
- Inglisville Road: West Inglisville,Inglisville, East Inglisville
- Mary Jane Riley Road: Clementsvale, Guinea, Waldeck
- Roxbury Road: Roxbury
- Neaves Road: Neavesville, Walker Lake