List of Palestinian detainees at Guantanamo Bay
The United States Department of Defense acknowledges holding three Palestinian detainees in Guantanamo. A total of 778 detainees have been held in extrajudicial detention in the Guantanamo Bay detention camps, in Cuba since the camps opened on January 11, 2002 The camp population peaked in 2004 at approximately 660. Only twenty new detainees, all "high value detainees" have been transferred there since the United States Supreme Court's ruling in Rasul v. Bush.
|ISN 49||Assem Matruq Mohammad al Aasmi||2002-01-20||2010-02-24||transferred to Spain.|
|ISN 519||Mahrar Rafat Al Quwari||2002-06-14||2009-11-30||transferred to Hungary.|
|ISN 684||Mohammed Abdullah Taha Mattan||2002-06-18||2014-12-07||transferred to Uruguay.|
|ISN 715||Abdul Qadir Yousef Husseini||2002-08-05||2004-03-31|
|ISN 10016||Abu Zubaydah||2006-09-06||
On September 16, 2009 Hungary agreed to accept the transfer of a Guantanamo detainee from Palestine.
On February 24, 2010, Spain accepted the transfer of an individual Guantanamo detainee from Palestine. The former detainee will be free to live and work in Spain, and to travel freely within Spain, but he will not be allowed to travel from Spain to other countries. To preserve the detainee's privacy Spanish authorities did not make his name public. According to Press reports relatives have confirmed that Walid Hijazi, a man from the Gaza strip, is the newly released Palestinian.
- OARDEC (May 15, 2006). "List of Individuals Detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba from January 2002 through May 15, 2006" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. Retrieved 2007-09-29.
- Margot Williams (2008-11-03). "Guantanamo Docket: Assem Matruq Mohammad al Aasmi". New York Times. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- Margot Williams (2008-11-03). "Guantanamo Docket: Mahrar Rafat al Quwari". New York Times. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- Margot Williams (2008-11-03). "Guantanamo Docket: Mohammed Abdullah Tahamuttan". New York Times. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- Margot Williams (2008-11-03). "Guantanamo Docket: Abdul Qadir Yousef Hussein". New York Times. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- "Hussein Azzam". cageprisoners. Archived from the original on February 28, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- "Guantanamo inmate to settle in Hungary". The Scotsman. 2009-09-17. Archived from the original on 2009-09-16.
"Guantanamo four arrive in Europe". BBC News. 2010-02-24. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
A Tunisian, Egyptian and Libyan were sent to Albania, while a Palestinian was sent to Spain. The Palestinian is the first of five inmates that Spain has agreed to take. Albania has taken eight detainees.
- "Spain takes in first of five Guantanamo detainees". Deutsch Welle. 2010-02-24. Archived from the original on 2010-02-25.
- Chris Wade (2010-02-24). "Four Guantanamo Bay detainees arrive in Albania and Spain". Digital Journal. Archived from the original on 2010-02-25.