List of Palestinian records
This List of Palestinian records lists international records achieved by people, groups, or institutions from the Palestinian territories.
The longest cable car below Sea Level is located in Jericho. The cable is 1,330 metres (4,360 ft) long, from base to top, and links Tel Jericho with the Mount of Temptation (the mountain where Christians believe that Jesus was tempted by the Devil). The cable car has 12 cabins with an eight-person capacity each, for a total carrying capacity of 625 persons per hour.
The record attempt was part of the Summer Games program run by UNRWA and available to young Palestinians during their summer break from school. The event brought some 6,000 campers in orange uniforms and blue caps to a beach in Gaza's war-torn north, where they released their kites into clear skies. Some kites included the red, green, black and white Palestinian flag. 
The largest plate of the Palestinian cheese pastry knafeh was reportedly made in 2009 in the West Bank city of Nablus, where knafeh was invented, in an attempt at a Guinness World Record. The plate of Knafeh measured 75 meters in length and two meters in width with a weight of 1,350 kg. However, the attempt was bested by the city of Antakya in Turkey in 2017, with a 78-meter tray of the Turkish version of the dish, known as künefe. Neither attempt was officially listed as breaking the record; according to the website of the Guinness World Records, there is no current record holder for the title.
The largest Qatayef ever made was baked by the DANA Bakery (Palestine) in an event organized by the Bethlehem Chamber of Commerce and Industry on 27 August 2010. The pastry had a net weight of 104.75 kilograms (230.9 lb), including a 67.45 kilograms (148.7 lb) base, a 44 kilograms (97 lb) filling, and a 68 kilograms (150 lb) topping. It was cooked by 15 people over the course of three hours.
Nasser Abdulhadi's Ramallah restaurant Zeit wa Zaatar holds the Guinness World Record for the world's largest tabouleh (an Arab salad of chopped parsley, bulgur, onion, tomato, and mint). The salad weighed 1,081 kg and was 15 feet (4.6 m) in diameter.
- "Telepherique and Sultan Tourist Center". Jericho-cablecar.blogspot.com. 19 April 2007. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "Gaza children set for second world record in just a week". UNRWA.org. 29 July 2010. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
-  Archived 16 September 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- Anne Barker. "Gaza's children fly for kite world record - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- Abu Shihab, Sana Nimer (2012). Mediterranean Cuisine. AuthorHouse. p. 74.
- "WEST BANK: Palestinian Knafeh enters Guinness World Records". Itnsource.com. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "78-meter-long künefe dessert eaten in 20 minutes in Turkey's Hatay". Hürriyet Daily News. Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Search Results - Guinness World Records". Retrieved 14 July 2018.
- "Palestinian 'musakhan' to enter Guinness record book". Jmcc.org. 10 April 2010. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "Largest Qatayef". Guinness World Records. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- Kessel, Jerrod; Klochendler, Pierre (23 July 2010). "Free the Tabouleh". The New York Times. Retrieved 23 April 2018.