This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2018)
There are more than 350 suburbs in the Perth metropolitan region (colloquially known as Perth, the capital city of Western Australia) as of 2021.[update] The name and boundary of a locality (commonly referred to as a suburb in the metropolitan region[according to whom?]) is determined under the authority of the Minister of Lands in Western Australia, and form an official component of addresses.[definition needed]
Some of the suburbs are contained within two or three local government areas – these have been marked and cross-referenced.
- List of islands of Perth, Western Australia
- 1955 Plan for the Metropolitan Region, Perth and Fremantle
- Greater Perth
- Metropolitan Region Scheme
- Perth metropolitan region
- Western Australian Planning Commission
- Landgate (2015). Policies and Standards for Geographical Naming in Western Australia (PDF) (Report). Retrieved 9 April 2016.
- "Perth Metropolitan Region - Local Governments and Localities" (PDF). Landgate. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 March 2012.
- Perth suburb names, Landgate