List of roll-on/roll-off vessel accidents
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of RORO vessel accidents)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of Roll-on/roll-off vessels which took on water and capsized or sank due to problems with the loading doors or vehicle decks, or other causes not associated with their construction as Roll-on/roll-off ferries.
- MV Princess Victoria in 1953 killing 133 people
- SS Heraklion in 1966 killing over 200 people
- TEV Wahine in 1968 killing 52 people
- MV_A_Regina ran aground and wrecked in 1985. No casualties or serious injury.
- MS Herald of Free Enterprise in 1987 killing 193 people
- MS Jan Heweliusz in 1993 killing 55 people
- MS Estonia in 1994 killing 852 people
- MS Express Samina in 2000 killing 82 people
- MS al-Salam Boccaccio 98 in 2006 killing 1,020 people 
- MV Queen of the North in 2006 killing 2 people
- MV Cougar Ace in 2006 killing 1 person 
- MV Baltic Ace in 2012 killing 11 people
- MV Sewol in 2014 killing 304 people
- SS El Faro in 2015, which happened during a hurricane, killing 33 people.
- Gordon, D (22 January 2003). "Princess Victoria". Irish Sea Shipping: The Online Shipping Magazine. Retrieved 12 January 2010.
- "Sinking of the SS Heraklion". Retrieved 18 February 2015.