List of Republic of Ireland food and drink products with protected status
A number of Irish food and drink products have been granted Protected Geographical Status under European Union law through the Protected Designation of Origin (PDO), Protected Geographical Indication (PGI) or Traditional Speciality Guaranteed (TSG) regimes. The legislation is designed to protect regional foods and came into force in 1992.
This list is sourced from the official index published by the European Commission.
- Clare Island Salmon (PGI)
- Connemara Hill Lamb Uain Sléibhe Chonamara (PGI)
- Imokilly Regato (PDO)
- Timoleague Brown Pudding (PGI)
- Waterford Blaa (PGI)
Applied for designation:
- Irish Salmon (applied for PGI in August 2013)
- Oriel Sea Minerals (applied for PGI in February 2015)
- Oriel Sea Salt(applied for PGI in February 2015)