List of Catholic dioceses in Portugal
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from List of Roman Catholic dioceses in Portugal)
- three ecclesiastical provinces, headed by Metropolitan Archbishops (one of which (Lisbon) holds the superior rank of Patriarch), with a total of 17 suffragan dioceses.
- an exempt military ordinariate.
There are no Eastern Catholic jurisdictions.
Current Latin Dioceses
Exempt : immediately subject to the Holy See
- Military Ordinariate of Portugal (Ordinariato Castrense de Portugal : army bishopric]])
Ecclesiastical Province of Lisboa
- including two autonomous overseas territories in the Atlantic
- Latin Patriarchate of Lisbon (Lisboa; also Metropolitan)
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Angra on the Azores
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Funchal on and also known as Diocese of Madeira
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Guarda
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Leiria-Fátima
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Portalegre-Castelo Branco
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Santarém, Portugal
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Setúbal
Ecclesiastical Province of Braga
- Metropolitan Archdiocese of Braga, traditional primatial see of Portugal
Ecclesiastical Province of Évora
TO BE CHECKED/WIKIFIED
- Seven (Latin) Episcopal Titular bishoprics : Aquæ flaviæ, Diocese of Caliábria, Diocese of Dume, Diocese of Elvas, Diocese of Magnetum, Diocese of Penafiel, Diocese of Pinhel
Other defunct sees
- Diocese of Betecas, Diocese of Egitânia, Diocese of Elbora, Diocese of Miranda, Diocese of Olisipo, Diocese of Ossonoba, Diocese of Portucale, Diocese of Salácia, Diocese of Silves (Algarve precursor of present Faro).