List of Russian marine engineers
(Redirected from List of Russian naval engineers)
- Rostislav Alexeyev, designer of high-speed hydrofoils (Raketa) and ekranoplans, including the Caspian Sea Monster
- Anatoly Alexandrov, inventor of degaussing, developer of naval nuclear reactors (including one for the first nuclear icebreaker)
- Agustín de Betancourt, polymath-engineer and urban planner, co-designed the first Russian steamship
- Charles Baird, industrialist who built the first Russian steamship
- Mikhail Britnev, designer of the first metal-hull icebreaker Pilot
- Ivan Bubnov, marine engineer and designer of Battleships and submarines for the Imperial Russian Navy.
- Stefan Drzewiecki, designed the first electric-powered submarine and the first midget submarine, designed the first multi-manned submarine and developed blade element theory.
- Konstantin Khrenov, inventor of underwater welding
- Viktor Kozin, inventor of resonance method of ice destruction
- Alexei Krylov, inventor of gyroscopic damping of ships, author of the unsinkability theory
- Stepan Makarov, Admiral and war hero, oceanographer, inventor of torpedo boat tender, builder of the first polar icebreaker, author of the insubmersibility theory
- Victor Makeev, developer of the first intercontinental submarine-launched ballistic missile
- Peter the Great (Romanov), monarch and craftsman, inventor of yacht club and sounding line with separating plummet, founder of the Russian Navy
- Johan Eberhard von Schantz, admiral, designer of gunboats and warships for the Imperial Russian Navy.
- Pavel Schilling, inventor of electric naval mine
- Igor Spassky, designer of the Sea Launch platform and over 200 nuclear submarines, including the world's largest submarines (Typhoon class)