List of San Francisco Giants owners and executives
The San Francisco Giants have had eight general managers. The general manager controls player transactions, hiring and firing of the coaching staff, and negotiates with players and agents regarding contracts. The first person to officially hold the title of general manager for the Giants was Chub Feeney, who assumed the title in 1947. The Giants' current general manager is Bobby Evans. The executive vice president of baseball operations is Brian Sabean.
- John B. Day
- C. C. Van Cott
- Andrew Freedman
- John T. Brush
- Harry Hempstead
- Charles Stoneham
- Horace Stoneham
- Bob Lurie
- Peter Magowan
- Bill Neukom
- Larry Baer
|1||Feeney, ChubChub Feeney||1947–1969|||
|2||Stoneham, HoraceHorace Stoneham||1970–1975|||
|3||Richardson, SpecSpec Richardson||1976–1980|||
|4||Haller, TomTom Haller||1981–1985|||
|5||Rosen, AlAl Rosen||1985–1992|||
|6||Quinn, BobBob Quinn||1993–1996|||
|7||Sabean, BrianBrian Sabean||1996–2014|||
|8||Evans, BobbyBobby Evans||2015–present|||
- Larry Baer
- Will Clark
- Chub Feeney
- Patrick J. Gallagher
- Bob Hartsfield
- Jim Lefebvre
- Lou Piniella
- Fred Stanley
- "Giants' General Managers". Major League Baseball. Retrieved 2008-12-31.
- Pavlovic, Alex (2015-04-03). "Sabean, Bochy extended through 2019; Evans promoted to GM". CSN Bay Area.
- Schwarz, Alan (2005-12-21). "2005 General Manager Roundtable". Baseball America. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
- Dickson, P. (2009). The Dickson Baseball Dictionary (Third ed.). W.W. Norton & Co. p. 362. ISBN 978-0-393-06681-4.
- "Giants All-Time Owners". San Francisco Giants. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Lou Piniella to help Giants". ESPN.com. 2011-02-02.
- Shea, John (2011-02-01). "Sweet Lou joining the champs". The San Francisco Chronicle.