The San Jose Sharks are a professional ice hockey team based in San Jose, California. The team is a member of the Pacific Division in the Western Conference of the National Hockey League (NHL). Established for the 1991–92 NHL season, the Sharks initially played games at the Cow Palace before moving to SAP Center at San Jose in 1993. The team has had four general managers since their inception.
Key of terms and definitions
||Number of general managers[a]
||Does not apply
- a A running total of the number of general managers of the franchise. Thus any general manager who has two or more separate terms as general manager is only counted once.
- ^ Lapointe, Joe (May 10, 1990). "N.H.L. Agrees to Expansion in California". The New York Times. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- ^ "SPORTS PEOPLE: HOCKEY; Sharks' General Manager Resigns". The New York Times. June 27, 1992. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- ^ "Ferreira Is Out As Sharks Gm". Chicago Tribune. June 28, 1992. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- ^ McKeon, Ross (May 5, 2014). "How Sharks have handled past GMs & coaches". SFGate. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- ^ a b Cooper, Tony (March 7, 1996). "Sharks Are All Dean's Now / Grillo fired -- Lombardi takes charge". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- ^ "Sharks fire GM Lombardi as part of front-office overhaul". ESPN.com. March 18, 2003. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- ^ "PLUS: HOCKEY; Sharks Hire Wilson As General Manager". The New York Times. May 14, 2003. Retrieved July 22, 2015.