List of Saw cast members
The list of Saw cast members is a list of actors who voiced or portrayed characters appearing in the Saw franchise created by James Wan and Leigh Whannell. The only actors to appear in all seven films are Tobin Bell (Jigsaw), who is also the only actor to film scenes for every film in the series, and Shawnee Smith (Amanda Young), who appears via archive footage in the three films she does not feature in prominently. Complementing them on screen are actors ranging from well-known ones such as Danny Glover, Cary Elwes, and Donnie Wahlberg to lesser-known actors such as Dina Meyer and Lyriq Bent, among others. While many actors reprise their roles for cameos and minor appearances, the only actors besides Bell and Smith to appear with major roles in more than three films were Costas Mandylor (Mark Hoffman) and Betsy Russell (Jill Tuck), both of whom appear in the latter five installments of the series. In other Saw media, a significant number of actors have either been replaced or omitted from appearing. In the video game, Tobin Bell was the only actor to reprise his role from the films. Other characters such as Amanda Young, Obi Tate, and Jeff Thomas all returned but were voiced by other actors. Other characters, including Pamela Jenkins and Steven Sing were mentioned but did not make any appearance. For the Saw roller coaster, Billy the Puppet was the only character to appear, with no voice provided for him. The lack of characters present is attributed to the physical restraints of actors in a roller coaster. A prequel comic book, Saw: Rebirth, featured many recurring characters but little actor corresponding or likeness' due to the comic not being supported by Twisted Pictures. Other actors likenesses were used in place of the films' actors.
While the films have not replaced any actors, their scripts have been altered to omit certain characters due to a number of conflicts. Cary Elwes' character, Lawrence Gordon, did not appear in subsequent films after Saw due to a lawsuit from payment issues for Elwes, although his character has been referenced many times since. Elwes reprised his character in the final film, Saw 3D.
- (v) indicates the actor or actress lent only his or her voice for his or her film character.
- (‘‘‘a’’’) indicates the actor or actress did not appear in any new footage for the film; archive footage from an earlier film or films was used.
- (p) indicates that the actor or actress was represented by a photograph as opposed to physically appearing in the film.
- A gray box indicates that the character did not appear in the media or has yet to be confirmed or denied in upcoming media.
- Disgusting, Mr. (2007-07-03). "Full 'Saw IV' Casting Revealed, Official Synopsis!". Bloody-Disgusting. Archived from the original on 2009-01-31. Retrieved 2009-12-23.
- "SPOILER ALERT: Full Cast Listing for Saw V!". MovieWeb. 2008-12-13. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- "Saw 6: Cast & Crew". Screen Rush. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- McCabe, Joseph (2009-11-05). "Exclusive: Tobin Bell Talks 'Saw VII'". FEARnet. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- Berardini, César (2009-07-04). "Konami Signs Tobin Bell To Voice Jigsaw In Saw Game". Team Xbox. Retrieved 2009-08-03.
- "Saw VII 3D Takes a Release Date". Shock Till You Drop. 2009-11-11. Retrieved 2009-11-12.
- "Toronto Film & Television Office Current List" (PDF). Toronto Film & Television Office. Toronto.ca. February 22, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on October 27, 2012. Retrieved February 27, 2010.
- "Kevin Greutert - cast confirmations".[permanent dead link]
- "IPA Network". Retrieved March 8, 2010.
- Harris, Mark (2008-12-21). "Tanedra Wins Scream Queens". About.com. Retrieved 2010-01-01.
- "Sullivan To Judge on 'Scream Queens' Season 2". Horror Asylum. 2009-11-19. Retrieved 2010-01-01.