List of Scottish Professional Football League broadcasters
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for stand-alone lists. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The SPFL was formed in 2013 by a merger of the Scottish Premier League (SPL) and Scottish Football League (SFL). The league inherited media rights arrangements made by the SPL and SFL with Sky Sports and BT Sport. The domestic rights deal was amended in 2014, following the relegation of Edinburgh clubs Hearts and Hibernian to the Scottish Championship.
In 2013, SPFL sold its international broadcast rights in a £20 million, 10-year deal with sports content distributor MP & Silva. As part of this arrangement, in November 2013 a Chinese network PPLive TV agreed to show 58 live SPFL games a season. A deal was agreed in July 2015 for up to 55 SPFL matches to be shown on "mainstream" Chinese television in the following three seasons, as part of the longer-term arrangement made in November 2013.
Club online streams
Due to broadcasting restrictions, clubs cannot show games live in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- "SPFL: New Scottish league brands unveiled". BBC Sport. BBC. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "New SPFL TV deal to include 15 Rangers games and four Edinburgh derbies". Daily Record. Trinity Mirror. 4 July 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2014.
- "Scottish football to be broadcast live in China for first time". BBC Sport. BBC. 4 November 2013. Retrieved 5 November 2013.
- McLaughlin, Chris (20 July 2015). "SPFL agrees live TV deal for China". BBC Sport. BBC. Retrieved 20 July 2015.
- "SPFL match highlights". STV Sport. Archived from the original on 2015-03-02.