List of Senior Australian of the Year Award recipients
The Senior Australian of the Year Award commenced in 1999, in the International Year of Older Persons, and recognises those Australians aged 60 and over who continue to achieve and contribute. 2002 is the only year, since the founding of the awards, that a recipient hasn't been certified.
|1999||Dusty, SlimSlim Dusty AO, MBE||Country music singer|
|2000||Professor Briggs, FredaFreda Briggs||Educator, author, scholar and ambassador|
|2001||Professor Clark, GraemeGraeme Clark AC||Pioneer of the Bionic Ear|
|2003||Campbell, BruceBruce Campbell MBE||Rural community leader|
|2004||Gordon, TehreeTehree Gordon||Community volunteer and wildlife rescuer|
|2005||Milhinhos, AntonioAntonio Milhinhos||Philanthropist|
|2006||Goold, SallySally Goold OAM||Indigenous nurse and mentor|
|2007||Herreen, PhillipPhillip Herreen||Former speedway driver; disability mentor|
|2008||Bussau, DavidDavid Bussau AM||Finance entrepreneur|
|2009||LaManna, PatPat LaManna OAM||Entrepreneur and philanthropist|
|2010||Beer, MaggieMaggie Beer AM||Cook and restaurateur|
|2011||Professor McCallum, RonRon McCallum AO||Australian legal academic|
|2012||Baymarrwangga, LaurieLaurie Baymarrwangga||Indigenous community Leader|
|2013||Maddocks, IanIan Maddocks||Palliative care specialist|
|2014||Chaney, FredFred Chaney AO||Reconciliation advocate|
|2015||French, JackieJackie French||Author|
|2016||Professor Fulde, GordianGordian Fulde||Emergency healthcare specialist|
|2017||Sister Anne Gardiner AM||Service to the people of the Tiwi Islands.|
- List of Australian of the Year Award recipients
- List of Young Australian of the Year Award recipients
- List of Australian Local Hero Award recipients
- "Senior Australian of the Year", Retrieved 25 January 2011
- "Senior Australian of the Year 2003". Honour Roll. National Australia Day Council. 2003. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- Smith, Dan (25 January 2016). "Australian of the Year: David Morrison, former Army chief, given top honour for gender equality work". ABC News. Australia. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- Wyatt, Ken (25 January 2017). "2017 Senior Australian of the Year". www.health.gov.au. Retrieved 12 February 2017.
- La Canna, Xavier (26 January 2017). "Senior Australian of the Year Sister Anne calls for more understanding of Indigenous cultures". ABC News. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 12 February 2017.