List of Sephardic Jews
(Redirected from List of Sephardic People)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The following is a list of Sephardic Jews. See also List of Iberian Jews.
- Abraham Amigo, Palestinian rabbi of Sepharadi descent
- Benjamin Artom, Haham of the Spanish and Portuguese Jews of Great Britain
- Yves Béhar, designer, entrepreneur and sustainability advocate
- Maurice Berger, cultural historian, art critic, curator (Sephardic mother; father Ashkenazi Jew)
- Sam Benguaich, Canadian boater, handyman, diehard Leafs fan
- Can Bonomo, Turkish singer
- Alain de Botton, Swiss writer and philosopher
- Alain Boublil, Tunisian-born lyricist of the musical Les Misérables
- Caryl Brahms, writer
- June Brown, British actress
- Tony Bullimore, British yachtsman
- Neve Campbell (1973 - ), Canadian film and television actress (Scream)
- Isaac and Daniel Carasso, founders of Danone
- Maurice Abraham Cohen, educator
- Paul Kodish, professional drummer
- Fred Melamed, American actor and writer
- Raphael Meldola, chemist and first president of the Maccabaeans
- Daniel Mendoza, 19th-century pugilist, prizefighter
- Frederic Mocatta, philanthropist 
- Abraham Palacci, grand rabbi of Izmir
- Rahamim Nissim Palacci, grand rabbi of Izmir
- Joseph Palacci rabbi of Izmir
- Charles Palache, American mineralogist
- Haim Palachi, grand rabbi of Izmir
- Samuel Pallache, Moroccan-Dutch envoy, corsair
- Murray Perahia, American concert pianist
- Inês Pires, Mistress of King John I of Portugal; ancestor of Dukes and Portuguese Kings of the House of Braganza and many of European royalty and nobility
- Peter Sellers, comedian and actor; Knight of the Realm.; born Richard Henry Sellers
- David Serero, opera singer and actor; Sephardi descendant from Morocco
- Baruch Spinoza, Dutch philosopher of Sephardic Portuguese origin.
- List of Iberian Jews
- Sephardi Jews
- Lists of Jews
- List of Portuguese
- List of Spaniards
- Spanish Inquisition
- Portuguese Inquisition
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- "The Maker's Mark". Smart Furniture. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Lee, Felicia. "Facing Down His Color as a Path to Privilege," The New York Times (5 May 1999), pp. E1, 10; reprinted as "A Writer Confronts His Color as A Path to Privilege," in The International Herald Tribune (6 May 1999)
- Obituary, Jewish Chronicle Dec 10, 1982 p.12
- "Bullimore's sister buoyed by rabbis' support", Jewish Chronicle January 24, 1997 p.1
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2007-02-03.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography: "he was of Portuguese Jewish descent"
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography: "the only son of David Guedalla, an almond broker in Mincing Lane, who came from a Spanish-Jewish family... He was buried in Golders Green Jewish cemetery"
- Concise Dictionary of National Biography: "born into old, established Jewish family"
- Encyclopaedia Judaica 11:1290
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography: "The Mocatta family were Jews driven from the Iberian peninsula in 1492"
- Isabel Violante Pereira, "De Mendo da Guarda a D. Manuel I," Lisbon: Livros Horizonte, 2001. Notice that Inês Pires is only presently presented as a conversa, and that for centuries there was no known doubt regarding her non-Jewish Portuguese ethnicity (which, of course could have been hidden for religious and political reasons, her being the mother of Afonso, 1st Duke of Braganza).