List of Sephardic Jews
(Redirected from List of Sephardic People)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The following is a list of Sephardic Jews. See also List of Iberian Jews.
- Abraham Amigo, Palestinian rabbi of Sepharadi descent
- Benjamin Artom, Haham of the Spanish and Portuguese Jews of Great Britain
- Yves Béhar, designer, entrepreneur and sustainability advocate
- Maurice Berger, cultural historian, art critic, curator (Sephardic mother; father Ashkenazi Jew)
- Can Bonomo, Turkish singer
- Alain de Botton, Swiss writer and philosopher
- Alain Boublil, Tunisian-born lyricist of the musical Les Misérables
- Caryl Brahms, writer
- June Brown, British actress
- Tony Bullimore, British yachtsman
- Neve Campbell (1973 - ), Canadian film and television actress (Scream)
- David Samuel Carasso, 19th-century traveler and writer
- Isaac and Daniel Carasso, founders of Danone
- Omri Casspi, NBA player
- Jacob Castello, 17th-century poet
- Maurice Abraham Cohen, educator
- Sir Joshua Hassan, Gibraltarian politician, and first Mayor and Chief Minister of Gibraltar
- Jacob Hassan, Spanish academic, writer, and university professor
- Sir Basil Henriques, philanthropist
- Paul Kodish, professional drummer
- Fred Melamed, American actor and writer
- Raphael Meldola, chemist and first president of the Maccabaeans
- Daniel Mendoza, 19th-century pugilist, prizefighter
- Frederic Mocatta, philanthropist 
- Abraham Palacci, grand rabbi of Izmir
- Rahamim Nissim Palacci, grand rabbi of Izmir
- Joseph Palacci rabbi of Izmir
- Charles Palache, American mineralogist
- Haim Palachi, grand rabbi of Izmir
- Samuel Pallache, Moroccan-Dutch envoy, corsair
- Murray Perahia, American concert pianist
- Victor Perez, Boxer
- Inês Pires, Mistress of King John I of Portugal; ancestor of Dukes and Portuguese Kings of the House of Braganza and many of European royalty and nobility
- Silvio Santos, Brazilian entertainer and businessman; born Senor Abravanel, descendant of Don Isaac Abravanel
- Peter Sellers, comedian and actor; Knight of the Realm.; born Richard Henry Sellers
- David Serero, opera singer and actor; Sephardi descendant from Morocco
- Baruch Spinoza, Dutch philosopher of Sephardic Portuguese origin.
- List of Iberian Jews
- Sephardi Jews
- Lists of Jews
- List of Portuguese
- List of Spaniards
- Spanish Inquisition
- Portuguese Inquisition
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography
- "The Maker's Mark". Smart Furniture. Retrieved 24 March 2016.
- Lee, Felicia. "Facing Down His Color as a Path to Privilege," The New York Times (5 May 1999), pp. E1, 10; reprinted as "A Writer Confronts His Color as A Path to Privilege," in The International Herald Tribune (6 May 1999)
- Obituary, Jewish Chronicle Dec 10, 1982 p.12
- "Bullimore's sister buoyed by rabbis' support", Jewish Chronicle January 24, 1997 p.1
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-03-11. Retrieved 2007-02-03.
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography: "he was of Portuguese Jewish descent"
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography: "the only son of David Guedalla, an almond broker in Mincing Lane, who came from a Spanish-Jewish family... He was buried in Golders Green Jewish cemetery"
- independent.co.uk: Obituary: Sir Joshua Hassan
- Jacob M. Hassán
- El pueblo de Estella dedicará una de sus calles al ceutí Jacob Hassan
- Concise Dictionary of National Biography: "born into old, established Jewish family"
- Encyclopaedia Judaica 11:1290
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography: "The Mocatta family were Jews driven from the Iberian peninsula in 1492"
- Isabel Violante Pereira, "De Mendo da Guarda a D. Manuel I," Lisbon: Livros Horizonte, 2001. Notice that Inês Pires is only presently presented as a conversa, and that for centuries there was no known doubt regarding her non-Jewish Portuguese ethnicity (which, of course could have been hidden for religious and political reasons, her being the mother of Afonso, 1st Duke of Braganza).