List of Serbian Americans
This is a list of notable Serbian Americans, including both original immigrants who obtained American citizenship and their American descendants.
|Lists of Americans|
|By U.S. state|
|By ethnicity or nationality|
To be included in this list, the person must have a Wikipedia article showing they are Serbian American or must have references showing they are Serbian American and are notable.
- Dimitrije Đorđević, historian
- Bogdan Denitch, sociologist
- Boyan Jovanovic, professor of economics at New York University
- Petar V. Kokotovic, professor in the Department of Engineering at the University of California, Santa Barbara
- Radovan Kovacevic, professor and inventor
- Alexander Margulis, clinical Professor of Radiology
- Vasa Mihich, painter and sculptor
- Branko Milanović, economist
- Nikola Moravčević, literary historian, literary critic, academic and novelist
- Anna Novakov, art historian, critic, educator, and curator
- Carl Kosta Savich, historian
- Traian Stoianovich, historian and a professor of history at the Rutgers University
- Dragoslav D. Šiljak, professor of Electrical Engineering at Santa Clara University
- Wayne S. Vucinich, historian and professor and a founding father of Russian, Slavic, East European and Byzantine scholarship after World War II
- Marina Abramović, performance artist, Serbian-born
- Tom Carapic, found object artist, Serbian-born
- Radoje Dedić, graphic artist and designer, Serbian-born
- Marjorie Mikasen, painter and author.
- Alexander Sambugnac, artist and sculptor, Serbian-born
- Sasha Alexander, actress, Serbian parents.
- Coco Austin, glamour model, Serbian maternal grandparents.
- Michael Bellisario, actor, Serbian maternal grandmother.
- Troian Bellisario, actress, Serbian maternal grandmother.
- Brad Dexter, actor, Serbian parents.
- Divine, actor, singer and drag queen, Serbian mother.
- Milena Govich, actress, Serbian father.
- Adrienne Janic, actress and TV presenter, Serbian father.
- Milla Jovovich, actress, Montenegrin Serb father.
- George Kapetan, actor
- Stana Katic, actress, Croatian Serb parents.
- Karl Malden, actor, Oscar winner, Serbian father.
- Margaret Markov, actress
- Milos Milos, actor, stunt double, and bodyguard of actor Alain Delon, Serbian-born.
- Alex Nesic, actor, Serbian father.
- Natalia Nogulich, actress, Serbian parents.
- Catherine Oxenberg, actress, Serbian mother.
- Michael Sorich, actor
- Stoya, pornographic actress, Serbian mother.
- Inari Vachs, pornographic actress.
- Steve Vinovich, actor, Serbian father.
- John Vivyan, actor, Serbian parents.
- Gloria Grey, actress
- Bill Radovich, actor
Directors and screenwriters
- Sanja Bestic, theatre director, writer and producer
- Peter Bogdanovich, film historian, director, writer, actor, producer and critic
- Steve Tesich, screenwriter,playwright and novelist, Academy Award Winner for Best Original Screenplay
- Slavko Vorkapić, Hollywood motion-picture montagist, Chair of USC School of Cinematic Arts
- Donald P. Bellisario, television producer, Serbian mother.
- Rasha Drachkovitch, television producer and President of 44 Blue Productions
- Ellis Cannon, television personality
- Natalie Jacobson, television presenter, Serbian paternal grandparents.
- Paul Stojanovich, television producer
- Peter Bogdanovich, film producer/director
- Baruch Arnon, classical pianist and renowned music teacher
- Muruga Booker, drummer, composer and recording artist.
- Del Casher, guitarist and inventor
- Mike Dimkich, guitarist
- Ivan Ilić, pianist, Serbian-born
- Brandon Jovanovich, opera singer
- Lene Lovich, singer, songwriter and musician
- Charlie Marinkovich, singer and songwriter
- Milan the Leather Boy, record producer, songwriter and recording artist, Serbian-born
- Filip Mitrovic, composer, Serbian-born
- Spud Murphy, jazz multi-instrumentalist, bandleader, and arrange
- Nikola Resanovic, composer and professor of music
- Rudolph Reti, musical analyst, composer and pianist
- Jake Allex
- Teresa A. H. Djuric, United States Air Force brigadier general
- Rade Grbitch
- Stevan Mandarich, U.S. Navy
- John W. Minick, USA army soldier
- George Musulin
- Mitchell Paige
- Milo Radulovich
- Lance Sijan, Air Force officer and fighter pilot
- Butch Verich
- Mel Vojvodich, aviator and Major General in the United States Air Force
- George Vujnovich
- Melissa Bean, U.S. Representative for Illinois's 8th congressional district from 2005 to 2011
- Rod Blagojevich, served as the 40th Governor of Illinois from 2003 to 2009
- Mark Brnovich, attorney general of Arizona
- Marko Dapcevich, former mayor of Sitka, Alaska
- Helen Delich Bentley, Republican member of the United States House of Representatives from Maryland from 1985 to 1995
- Bill Ray, politician, businessman and writer
- George Voinovich, former United States Senator from the state of Ohio from 1999 to 2011
- Rose Ann Vuich, the first female member of the California State Senate
- Michael Stepovich, governor of Alaska
Scientists, inventors and engineers
- Slobodan Ćuk, electrical engineer
- Bernhard Caesar Einstein, physicist
- Marko V. Jaric, physicist
- Drago Jovanovich, Designer and inventor of gyrocopter
- Dusan Krajcinovic, mechanical engineer
- Miroslav Krstić, control theorist
- Bogdan Maglich, experimental nuclear physicist
- Mihajlo D. Mesarovic, systems engineering
- Tihomir Novakov, physicist
- Mihajlo Pupin, physicist and physical chemist
- Miodrag Radulovacki, scientist and inventor
- Nataša Šešum - mathematician
- Nikola Tesla, inventor, electrical engineer, mechanical engineer, physicist, and futurist
- Milan Vukcevich, chemist, Grandmaster chess problem composer, and writer
- Vladimir Vukićević, software engineer
- John Vukovich, engineer and currently a professor of biomedical engineering at Columbia University
- Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, biomedical engineer
- Brian Bogusevic, MLB player
- Norm Bulaich, NFL player
- Milorad Čavić, swimmer
- Vlade Divac, former basketball player currently serving as general manager of for the Sacramento Kings'
- Jess Dobernic, MLB player
- Walt Dropo, MLB player
- Filip Filipović, NFL player
- Bob Gain, NFL player
- George Glamack, basketball player
- Eli Grba, MLB player
- Tim Jankovich, college basketball coach
- Pavle Jovanovic, bobsledder
- Frank Kaminsky, basketball player
- Mike Kekich, MLB player
- Sacha Kljestan, soccer player
- Igor Kokoškov, basketball coach
- Mike Krsnich, MLB player
- Rocky Krsnich, MLB player
- Pete Lalich, basketball player
- Milan Lazetich, NFL player
- Pete Lazetich, NFL player
- Mike Mamula, NFL player
- Jim Mandich, NFL players
- Dan Majerle, basketball player
- Pete Maravich, basketball player
- Press Maravich, basketball player and coach
- Duke Maronic, NFL player
- Babe Martin, MLB player
- Doc Medich, MLB player
- Ed Melvin, basketball player and coach
- Johnny Miljus, MLB player
- Ed O'Bradovich, NFL player
- Dave Pilipovich, college basketball coach
- Gregg Popovich, basketball coach, Serbian father.
- Milt Popovich, NFL player
- Paul Popovich, baseball player
- Preki, soccer player
- Dan Radakovich, NFL player and later coach
- Bill Radovich, NFL player
- Dave Rajsich, MLB player
- Gary Rajsich, MLB player
- Rhonda Rajsich, racquetball player
- Pete Romcevich, racecar driver
- Goran Suton. basketball player
- Paul Salata, NFL player
- Jeff Samardzija, MLB player
- Alex Smith, NFL player
- Alex Stepanovich, NFL player
- Peja Stojaković, former basketball player that works for the Sacramento Kings
- Pete Stoyanovich, NFL player
- Nick Strincevich, MLB player
- Pete Suder, MLB player
- Steve Sundra, MLB player
- Mike Todorovich, basketball player and coach
- Pete Vuckovich, MLB player
- Bill Vukovich, automobile racing driver
- Bill Vukovich II, automobile racing driver
- Billy Vukovich III, automobile racing driver
- George Vukovich, MLB player
- John Vukovich, MLB player and coach
- Mick Vukota, NHL player
- Jim Zeravich, basketball player
- Zoran Zorkic, professional golfer
- Trifun Živanović, figure skater
- Branko Mikasinovich, scholar of Yugoslav and Serbian literature as well as a noted Slavist
- Charles Simic, poet and was co-poetry editor of the Paris Review
- Dejan Stojanović, poet, writer, essayist, philosopher, businessman, and former journalist
- Louis D. Astorino, architect
- Bob Babich, NFL player
- Walt Bogdanich, investigative journalist
- Nicholas Chabraja, lawyer
- George Fisher, explorer, customs officer and early leader of the Texas Revolution
- Sam Jankovich, sports administrator
- Drago Jovanovich, helicopter designer
- William Jovanovich, publisher, author, and businessman
- Christopher (Kovacevich), metropolitan bishop
- Milan Mandarić, businessman
- George Michael Marovich, United States federal judge
- Mateja Matejić, priest
- Trevor Matich, American football analyst
- Mitchell Melich, solicitor for the Interior Department under the first Richard Nixon administration
- Milan Panić, businessman
- Steve Popovich, record company executive
- Zoran Popovich, senior judge on the Pennsylvania Superior Court
- Milan Puskar, entrepreneur and philanthropist
- Anka Radakovich, author and columnist
- Andy Stefanovich, speaker, bestselling author, and business consultant
- Varnava Nastić, bishop of Hvosno and is a saint of the Eastern Orthodox Church
- Phebe Novakovic, businesswoman
- Daniel Vosovic, fashion designer
- Vukan R. Vuchic, public transport expert
- Stephen Yokich, American labor union activist who served as President of the United Auto Workers from 1994 to 2002
- Paul Yovovich, businessman
- Mira Zivkovich,Ellis Island Medal of Honor winning President and CEO of MZI Global Marketing a strategic marketing consulting firm and Dame Commander of the Order of Merit of Savoy
- "Voice of America Interview". Marjorie Mikasen. 2009.
Serbian American author Marjorie Mikasen and her husband Mark Griep have written the book ReAction! Chemistry in the Movies
- Video on YouTube; http://ausxip.com/sashaalexander/2012/11/rizzoli-isles-star-has-done-some-crime-fighting-in-real-life.html. Missing or empty
- "Koko Ti: Ne izgledam kao Srpkinja, ali jesam!".
Na ovoj fotografiji me možete videti kao brinetu koja ima četrnaest godina. Mislim da ne izgledam kao Srpkinja. Inače, to je mesto (zemlja) odakle su došli roditelji moje mame
- "Koko: Ja sam Srpkinja" (in Serbian).
- "Stana Katic". Stana Katic. Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2012-07-12.
My parents are Serbs from Croatia.
- "Karl Malden profile". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2012-03-09.
- "The Charlatan’s conversation with adult film star Stoya". The Charlatan. Retrieved November 19, 2012.
- "Inari Vachs". Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- p.106 San Antonio Express April 3, 1960
- "Donald Bellisario profile at". Filmreference.com. August 8, 1935. Retrieved May 5, 2011.
The son of Serbian immigrants, his work ethic inspired his oldest daughter, longtime Boston television news anchor Natalie Jacobson.Missing or empty
- The Return of Muruga Booker: Interview & Photos by P.T. Quinn, Recording Engineers' Quarterly (2000)
- Wojnarowski, Adrian (10 June 2007). "'Pop' art". Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba). External link in