List of Shia books
- 1 Books by Shia Imams
- 2 Hadith collections
- 3 Theology of Shi'a
- 4 Quranic Tafsirs
- 5 History books
- 6 Shi'a-Sunni argumentations
- 7 Other Shia books
- 8 Uncategorized
- 9 See also
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Books by Shia Imams
- Nahj al-Balaghah "a collection of sermons, letters and quotes of Imam Ali", collected by Al-Sharif al-Radi (970 AD - 1015 AD)
- Al-Jafr "a mystical Shia`s holy book attributed to Imam Ali"
- Risalah al-Huquq "attributed to Imam Ali ibn Husayn Zayn al-Abidin"
- Al-Sahifa al-Sajjadiyya "attributed to Imam Ali ibn Husayn Zayn al-Abidin"
- Al-Risalah al-Dhahabiah by Ali al-Ridha (765 AD - 818 AD)
- Al-Sahifat al-Ridha by Ali al-Ridha (765 AD - 818 AD)
|Part of a series on|
- Kitab al-Kafi by Kulayni (864 AD - 941 AD) (divided into Usul al-Kafi, Furu al-Kafi and Rawdat al-Kafi)
- Man la Yahdhuruhu'l Faqih by Shaykh Saduq (923 AD - 991 AD)
- Tahdhib al-Ahkam by Abu Ja'far al-Tusi (995 AD - 1067 AD)
- Al-Istibsar by Abu Ja'far al-Tusi (995 AD - 1067 AD)
- The Book of Sulaym ibn Qays by Sulaym ibn Qays ( ?? - 695 AD)
- Daim al-Islam by Al-Qadi al-Nu'man (Isma'ili Shia) ( ?? - 974 AD)
- Al-Ihtijaj by Abu Mansur Ahmad Tibrisi
- Wasā'il al-Shīʿa by Shaikh al-Hur al-Aamili (1624 AD to 1693 AD)
- Bihar al-Anwar by Allama Majlesi (1627 AD to 1699 AD)
- Haq ul-Yaqeen by Allama Majlisi (1627 AD to 1699 AD)
- Ayn al-Hayat by Allama Majlisi (1627 AD to 1699 AD)
- Kamil al Ziarat by ibn al-Qummi (collection of hadiths and ziarats (sacred visits) regarding the visitation of the Imams (as) and Karbala)
Hadith`s Anthologies & Commentaries
- Shahr Usul al-Kafi — by Mohammad Salih al-Mazandarani
- A Bundle of Flowers — collected by Ayatollah Sayyid Kamal Faghih Imani; a popular English language secondary collection of Shi'a hadith. It narrates traditions from such Shia collections as Kitab al-Kafi and Man la Yahdhuruhu'l Faqih.
- A Shi'ah Anthology — by William Chittick, Hossein Nasr and Muhammad Husayn Tabataba'i; a brief introduction to exemplary hadith from the 12 Imams.
Theology of Shi'a
These books seek to give a rational account of Shi'a theology in contrast with the Ash'ari, Mu'tazili and other theological schools of Islam. The contents of these books are taken from the 8th to the 13th century (2nd to 7th century of Islam).
- Eʿteqādātal-Emāmīya by Shaykh Saduq (923 AD - 991 AD)
- Al-Amali by Sheikh al-Mufid (948 AD to 1022 AD)
- Tashih al-I'tiqad by Shaykh Mufid (948 AD - 1022 AD), a correction of Shaykh Saduq's Eʿteqādātal-Emāmīya.
- Tajrid al-i‘tiqad by Nasir al-Din Tusi (1201 AD - 1274 AD)
- Fundamentals Of Islamic Thought by Morteza Motahhari, trans. R. Campbell: Berkeley, California, Mizan Press, 1982.
- Tafsir Al-Qummi — by Mohammad bin Ali bin Ibrahim Al-Qummi (?? - 919 AD)
- Al-Tibbyan Fi Tafsir al-Quran — by Shaikh Tusi (995 AD - 1067 AD)
- Majma' al-Bayan by Shaykh Tabarsi (1073 AD - 1153 AD)
- Al-Bayan Fi Tafsir al-Quran — by Ayatollah Abu al-Qasim al-Khoei (1899 AD - 1992 AD)
- Tafsir al-Mizan — by Allamah Tabatabai (1903 AD - 1981 AD)
- Tafsir Nemooneh by Grand Ayatollah Naser Makarem Shirazi (1927 AD - Present)
- Al Kauthar fi Tafsir Al Quran by Mohsin Ali Najafi (1938 AD to Present)
- Tafseer e Masoomeen (as)-- compiled by Wilayat Mission
- Kamaaluddin wa Tamamum ul Ne'amah— by Shaikh Saduq (923 AD - 991 AD)
- Tazkar-tul-Athar— by Sheikh al-Mufid (948 AD - 1022 AD)
- Majalis al-muminin— by Qazi Nurullah Shustari ( (1542 AD - 1610 AD)
- A 250 Years Old Person— by Ali Khamenei (1939 AD - Present)
- Al Muraja'at — by Abd al-Husayn Sharaf al-Din al-Musawi (1872 AD - 1957 AD)
- Peshawar Nights — by Sultanu'l-Wa'izin Shirazi (1894 AD - 1971 AD)
- Then I was Guided (book) — by Muhammad al-Tijani (1943 AD - Present)
- The Shi'ah are (the real) Ahl al-Sunnah (book) — by Muhammad al-Tijani (1943 AD - Present)
- Ask Those Who Know (book) — by Muhammad al-Tijani (1943 AD - Present)
- To be with the truthful (book) — Muhammad al-Tijani (1943 AD - Present)
Other Shia books
- Ghurar al-Hikam wa Durar al-Kalim by Abdul Wahid al-Tamimi (Collections of short quotations and aphorisms by Imam Ali)
- Mafatih al-Jinan — collected by Shaykh 'Abbas Qummi (Collections of Du'a (Supplications))
- Qalam-e-Mowla is a Nizari Ismaili shi'a muslim book that has speeches by the first Shi'a Imam, Ali. It is a poetic translation of Shi'a teachings into South Asian languages.
- Imamate and Leadership
- Fatemeh is Fatemeh
- Tawdih al-Masa'il by Ali al-Sistani
- The Message (Subhani) by Ja'far Sobhani
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2001-11-09. Retrieved 2006-06-17.
- "Wilayat Mission: Leading Shia Books Publisher". Wilayat Mission.
- "QALAM-E-MOWLA". ismaili.net.
- Expectation of the Millennium: Shi'ism in History by Seyyed Hossein Nasr.
- Shi'ism Doctrines, Thought, and Spirituality by Seyyed Hossein Nasr.
- Introduction to Shi'i Islam by Moojan Momen, Yale University Press.
- An Introduction to Shi'i Law: A Bibliographical Study by Hossein Modarressi Tabataba'i (London 1984)
- Shi'ite Identities: Community and Culture in Changing Social Contexts by Christoph Marcinkowski (Berlin 2010).
Online Shi'a references: