List of Singapore Airlines destinations
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Singapore Airlines flies to 62 international destinations (including seasonal destinations) in 32 countries on five continents (as of May 2019) from its primary hub in Singapore. India and Australia are served by highest number of destinations with 6 each.
After the Asian Financial Crisis in 1997, Singapore Airlines discontinued flying to Kagoshima, Berlin, Darwin, Cairns, Hangzhou and Sendai. Toronto was discontinued in 1994. During the SARS outbreak in 2003/04, Singapore Airlines discontinued flying to Brussels, Las Vegas, Chicago, Hiroshima, Kaohsiung, Mauritius, Montreal, Vienna, Madrid, Seattle, Shenzhen and Surabaya. In addition, Singapore Airlines discontinued flights to Vancouver (before the 2010 Winter Olympics) and Amritsar in 2009, and São Paulo in 2016.
Singapore Airlines presently operates the longest flight in the world, a non-stop to Newark, using the Airbus A350-900ULR. Previously, it operated that route and one to Los Angeles with the Airbus A340-500 aircraft. All A340-500 were phased out in 2013 and direct flights to both destinations were suspended at that point; Newark was re-launched 5 years later. Nonstop service to Los Angeles was terminated on 20 October 2013 (the airline continues to serve Los Angeles from Singapore via Seoul-Incheon and Tokyo-Narita) and nonstop service to Newark was terminated on 23 November 2013 in favour of the Singapore-New York JFK route via Frankfurt.
In October 2016, Singapore Airlines restarted its nonstop service from Singapore to the US with the launch of its new Singapore-San Francisco route. The route flies A350-900 aircraft and includes Business, Premium Economy and Economy classes.
The former Capital Express Route linking Singapore and Wellington via Canberra was replaced in May 2018 with Singapore-Sydney-Canberra-Singapore and Singapore-Melbourne-Wellington-Melbourne-Singapore routes.
- "Singapore Air cancels Chicago, Vegas service". Travel Weekly. 2 May 2003.
- "Suspension Of Service To Vancouver".
- "Singapore Air to Challenge United With Nonstop U.S. Flights". 15 June 2016 – via www.bloomberg.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2012-10-30.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "News releases". www.singaporeair.com.
- "SIA To Expand US Operations With Non-Stop San Francisco Flights And Second Daily Los Angeles Service". www.singaporeair.com.
- Yosephine, Liza (26 January 2018). "Singapore Airlines scraps Canberra-Wellington flights". Jakarta Post. Retrieved 7 February 2018.
- "Singapore Airlines to suspend its flights to Sendai, Japan, and Cairns, Australia".
- "Singapore Airlines Adds Canberra / Wellington Service from late-Sep 2016". Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Suspension Of Service To Vancouver". www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 14 January 2009.
- Suspension Of Services To Cairo And Riyadh. "Suspension Of Services To Cairo And Riyadh". www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- "Singapore Airlines To Add Düsseldorf To Route Network". Singapore Airlines. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- "SINGAPORE AIRLINES TO FLY TO MUNICH".
- "SINGAPORE AIRLINES LAUNCHES MUNICH SERVICES".
- "SIA To Operate Seasonal Services To Athens". www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- "Singapore Airlines Updates Route Network". Archived from the original on November 7, 2008.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "SIA To Launch Surabaya Services And Increase Bali and Jakarta Frequency".
- "Singapore Airlines To Operate Seasonal Services To Sapporo". www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "New flights to Tokyo Haneda commences 31 October".
- "Singapore Airlines starts flights to Kuwait". www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 15 March 2009.
- "Singapore Airlines To Fly To Yangon".
- "Singapore Airlines to launch Singapore ' Houston flights via Moscow Domodedovo Int'l Airport".
- "Scoot To Take Over Jeddah Services From Singapore Airlines". www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- "Scoot to fly to Saudi Arabia from May, taking over from parent SIA". The Straits Times.
- "Suspension Of Services To Cairo And Riyadh".
- "Singapore Airlines To Add Stockholm To Route Network" (Press release). Singapore Airlines. 15 December 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2016.
- "Singapore Airlines Adds Stockholm As Second Scandinavian City In Route Network". www.singaporeair.com.
- "Suspension Of Services To Abu Dhabi And Athens".
- "Special Report: Singapore Airlines Boeing 747 Network 1981 - 2012". Airlineroute.net. Retrieved 18 December 2015.
- "Houston Joins Singapore Airlines Network - Service Will Connect Texas City With Singapore And Moscow". Archived from the original on December 17, 2007.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Flashback: Singapore Airlines Las Vegas Service 2002/2003". Airlineroute.net. 21 May 2015. Archived from the original on 31 January 2016. Retrieved 21 May 2015.
- "Singapore Airlines To Launch World's Longest Commercial Flights". www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 30 May 2018.
- "Singapore Airlines To Fly Non-Stop To Seattle". www.singaporeair.com. Retrieved 1 November 2018.