List of Sinn Féin MPs
This article does not cite any sources. (April 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This is a list of Sinn Féin MPs. It includes all Members of Parliament elected to the British House of Commons representing Sinn Féin. Members of the European Parliament, Dáil Éireann or the Northern Ireland Assembly are not listed. Sinn Féin MPs practice abstentionism regarding the House of Commons and thus do not take their seats.
MPs elected since 1918
- Gerry Adams, Belfast West, 1983–1992, 1997–2011
- Mickey Brady, Newry and Armagh, 2015–present
- Owen Carron, Fermanagh and South Tyrone, 1982-1983 ¹
- Philip Clarke, Fermanagh and South Tyrone, 1955 ²
- Pat Doherty, West Tyrone, 2001–2017
- Michelle Gildernew, Fermanagh and South Tyrone, 2001–2015; 2017–present
- Chris Hazzard, South Down, 2017–present
- Elisha McCallion Foyle, 2017–present
- Martin McGuinness, Mid Ulster, 1997–2013
- Paul Maskey, Belfast West, 2011–present
- Tom Mitchell, Mid Ulster, 1955 ²
- Francie Molloy, Mid Ulster, 2013–present
- Conor Murphy, Newry and Armagh, 2005–2015
- ¹ Elected in 1981 as "Anti H-Block/Proxy Political Prisoner"; formally began describing himself as a Sinn Féin MP in 1982.
- ² Unseated on petition.
|Fermanagh and South Tyrone||Clarke||Carron||Gildernew||Gildernew|
|Newry and Armagh||Murphy||Brady|
|No. of Sinn Féin MPs||2||0||1||1||0||2||4||5||5||5||4||7|
MPs elected in 1918
In alphabetical order:
- By-elections was not called to fill the seats of those MP's who died before the 1922 UK general election, nor in the cases of individuals elected for more than one constituency.
MPs elected 1917–1918 (before the 1918 general election)
In chronological order:
- Westminster Representatives
- Staff reporter (8 May 2015). "Election 2015: Sinn Féin loses Fermanagh and South Tyrone". BBC News. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- Staff reporter (2015). "Newry & Armagh". BBC News. Retrieved 9 May 2015.