List of Sites of Special Scientific Interest in Surrey
This is a list of the Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs) in Surrey, a county in South East England. Surrey is bordered by Greater London to the north, and West Sussex to the south. It has an estimated population of 1,085,400 within an area of 1,670 km2 (412,666.0 acres), thus making it the 13th largest cermeonial county in the United Kingdom. As of 2014, there are 62 sites designated within this area of search, 52 of which have been designated for their biological interest, 8 for their geological interest, and 2 for both biological and geological interest. The data in this table is taken from Natural England's website in the form of citation sheets for each SSSI.
- A Data rounded to one decimal place.
- B Grid reference is based on the British national grid reference system, also known as OSGB36, and is the system used by the Ordnance Survey.
- C Those SSSIs with more than one OS grid reference are composed of multiple sections, separated by non-SSSI land.
- D Site notification consists of designating a site as an SSSI and consulting with the owner(s). This list uses the date notified under Section 28 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.
- E Link to maps using the Magic Map service provided by Natural England.
- "T 08: Selected age groups for local authorities in the United Kingdom; estimated resident population; Mid-2006 Population Estimates". Office for National Statistics. August 22, 2007. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- "Search results for Surrey". Natural England. Retrieved 2008-06-18.
- Natural England citation sheets for each SSSI. Retrieved on 2008-06-12. (PDF files).
- "Guide to National Grid". Ordnance Survey. Retrieved 2008-02-21.