List of Slayers video games
Cover art of Slayers for the PC98
|Genres||Japanese role-playing game
Tactical role-playing game
|Platforms||NEC PC-9801, Super Famicom, Sega Saturn, PlayStation|
|Platform of origin||NEC PC-9801|
|Year of inception||1994|
The Slayers video games are single-player role-playing video game adaptations of the comic fantasy light novel, manga and anime franchise Slayers, released exclusively in Japan between 1994 and 1998. There are two different 16-bit games released in 1994 and titled simply Slayers (including one for the Super Famicom), followed by three 32-bit console games: 1997's Slayers Royal, and 1998's Slayers Royal 2 and Slayers Wonderful. The Royal series' titles are both tactical role-playing games for the 32-bit consoles.
Slayers (スレイヤーズ) was developed by AIC Spirits (additional development by Oniro and Studio Orphee, graphics by Studio Kuma) and published by Banpresto for the NEC PC-9801 on March 25, 1994. It was written by Yōsuke Kuroda, art-designed by animator Masayuki Hiraoka, and composed by Shiori Ueno.
Slayers is a first-person view dungeon crawler role-playing video game in the tradition of Wizardry. Its simple story, loosely based on the light novel series, follows the adventures of Lina Inverse and Gourry Gabriev, aided by up to two additional party companions of the player's choosing (they can be Naga the Serpent, Zelgadiss Graywords, Amelia Wil Tesla Saillune, Philionel El Di Saillune, Lemmy Martin, and Meena, as well four original characters: Kim, Marin, Junon, and Lass) in several dungeons surrounding the city of Wilnan. The player directly controls only Lina and the characters do not level up. In Wilnan, the player can rest and heal the party, swap or revive characters, and visit stores.
Tactical role-playing games
Slayers Royal 2
- Granblue Fantasy, a mobile role-playing game of which cast Lina, Naga, and Gourry joined in 2016.
- Heroes Phantasia (sometimes written as Heroes Fantasia), a Japan-only role-playing video game developed by Banpresto and published for the PlayStation Portable by Bandai Namco Games in 2012, features the characters (both playable and non-playable) from the anime series Slayers Revolution (as well as characters from nine other anime series).
- Magical Battle Arena, a 2008 action doujin game featuring Lina, Naga, and the Lord of Nightmares as playable characters.
- "Slayers Release Information for NEC PC98". GameFAQs. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- PC Engine Fan 2/1996 p.56.
- "Slayers (PC98) English Translation Project". Esperknight and Filler's Video Game Translation. Retrieved 2013-12-16.
- ""Slayers" Teams Up with "Granblue Fantasy" Smart Phone Game". Crunchyroll. 2016-01-01. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "The Crossover Cast In Heroes Phantasia Unleash Their Special Attacks". Siliconera.com. 2011-08-16. Retrieved 2016-01-14.