List of South Korean idol groups
The following is a list of South Korean idol musical bands. This includes a list of boy bands and girl groups, organized by year of debut.
Idol bands in South Korea started to appear after the success of Seo Taiji and Boys, whose debut in 1992 is considered a turning point in the history of Korean popular music. 2012 was a record year in K-pop in terms of number of rookie artists: 33 male groups and 38 girl groups debuted.
- Korean idol
- List of K-pop releases in 2013
- List of K-pop releases in 2014
- List of South Korean girl groups
- K-Pop: A New Force in Pop Music (PDF) (Korean Culture No.2 ed.). Korean Culture and Information Service; Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. 2011. ISBN 978-89-7375-166-2.
- "What Is K-pop? (Page 3)". MTV Iggy. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "32 K-Pop Idol Girl Groups Made their Debut in 2012!". Soompi. 2012-11-21. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "24 K-Pop Idol Boy Bands Debuted in 2012!". Soompi. 2012-11-20. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- Media related to K-pop at Wikimedia Commons