List of South Korean idol groups
Idol bands in South Korea started to appear after the success of Seo Taiji and Boys, whose debut in 1992 is considered a turning point in the history of Korean popular music. 2012 was a record year in K-pop in terms of number of rookie artists: 33 male groups and 38 girl groups debuted.
- K-Pop: A New Force in Pop Music (PDF) (Korean Culture No.2 ed.). Korean Culture and Information Service; Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. 2011. ISBN 978-89-7375-166-2.
- "What Is K-pop? (Page 3)". MTV Iggy. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "32 K-Pop Idol Girl Groups Made their Debut in 2012!". Soompi. 2012-11-21. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "24 K-Pop Idol Boy Bands Debuted in 2012!". Soompi. 2012-11-20. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- Media related to K-pop at Wikimedia Commons