List of Southern League champions
The Southern League of Minor League Baseball is one of three Double-A baseball leagues in the United States. The circuit has been previously known as the South Atlantic ("Sally") League (1904–17; 1936–42; 1946–63) and the South Atlantic Association (1919–30). A league champion is determined at the end of each season. Champions have been determined by post-season playoffs, winning the regular season pennant, or being declared champion by the league office. Currently, the first- and second-half winners within each division (North and South) meet in a best-of-five series to determine division champions. Then, the North and South division winners play a best-of-five series to determine a league champion. These records are correct as of the completion of the 2015 post-season series.
- Score and finalist information is only presented when post-season play occurred. The lack of this information indicates a declared league champion.
Southern League titles by organization
Active organizations appear in bold. Defunct teams or teams now playing in others leagues appear in italics.
- a Huntsville and Jacksonville were declared co-champions after playoffs were cancelled in the wake the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- b Mobile and Tennessee were declared co-champions due to the threat of Hurricane Ivan.
- O'Neal, Bill (1994), The Southern League: Baseball in Dixie, 1885–1994, Eakin Press, pp. 320–321, ISBN 0890159521
- "Southern League Past Champions". Southern League. Minor League Baseball. Retrieved March 1, 2015.
- "Playoff Procedures". Southern League. Minor League Baseball. Retrieved March 1, 2015.