List of Super Bowl starting quarterbacks
Winning and losing quarterbacks
|Hall of Famers*||Player is not yet eligible
for Hall of Fame‡
|Active player||AFLa/AFCA team|
Quarterbacks with multiple Super Bowl starts
Super Bowl wins are often used to determine the greatness of a quarterback. Of the eligible players, only Jim Plunkett has won multiple Super Bowls and not been inducted into the Hall of Fame. Peyton Manning is the only starting quarterback to have won Super Bowls for two NFL teams; though Craig Morton and Kurt Warner are the only other quarterbacks to have started for a second team. Jim McMahon won a second Superbowl ring having been a backup on the Brett Favre lead Green Bay Packers team that won Superbowl XXXI.
- BOLD formatting indicates that the game was won.
- Starr was 3–1 in NFL Championship games (1960, 1961, 1962, and 1965) played before the NFL and AFL met in the first Super Bowl.
- Dawson was 1–0 in an AFL Championship game (1962) played before the NFL and AFL first met in the Super Bowl.
- Three pairs of quarterbacks faced off twice in the Super Bowl: Staubach and Bradshaw, Aikman and Kelly, and Brady and Eli Manning. In each case the same quarterback (Bradshaw, Aikman, and Manning) won both matches.
- List of Super Bowl champions
- List of Super Bowl MVPs
- List of Super Bowl head coaches
- NFL starting quarterback playoff records
- Brooks, Bucky (July 11, 2009). "Game's best quarterbacks produce stats as well as victories". NFL.com. Archived from the original on February 5, 2013.
- Tom Brady – Official New England Patriots Biography Archived 2005-03-05 at the Wayback Machine
- John Elway Biography
- Bradshaw's Career Stats
- Joe Montana – NFL Career Achievements
- Roger Staubach
- Peyton Manning
- Jim Kelly – Pro Football Hall of Fame
- Troy Aikman
- HickokSports.com – Biography – Bob Griese
- Ben Roethlisberger
- Kurt Warner
- Frank Tarkenton
- Bart Starr
- Jim Plunkett
- Eli Manning
- Len Dawson
- Joe Theismann
- Brett Favre
- Russell Wilson
- Craig Morton
- Every Super Bowl Quarterback Matchup Ranked 1–46