List of Superfund sites in Connecticut
This is a list of Superfund sites in Connecticut designated under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) environmental law. The CERCLA federal law of 1980 authorized the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to create a list of polluted locations requiring a long-term response to clean up hazardous material contaminations. These locations are known as Superfund sites, and are placed on the National Priorities List (NPL). The NPL guides the EPA in "determining which sites warrant further investigation" for environmental remediation. As of December 16, 2010, there were 14 Superfund sites on the National Priorities List in Connecticut. One additional site has been proposed for entry on the list. Three sites has been cleaned up and removed from the list.
- Proposed for addition to National Priorities List
- Deleted from National Priorities List
|CTD980670814||Kellogg-Deering Well Field||Fairfield||Groundwater and soil are contaminated with VOCs, primarily TCE and PCE.||09/08/1983||09/21/1984||09/23/1996||N/A||N/A|
|CTD001186618||Raymark Industries, Inc.||Fairfield||||01/18/1994||04/25/1995||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CT0002055887||Broad Brook Mill||Hartford||||12/01/2000||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CTD980670806||Old Southington Landfill||Hartford||||09/08/1983||09/21/1984||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CTD009717604||Solvents Recovery Service New England||Hartford||||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CTD980732333||Barkhamsted-New Hartford Landfill||Litchfield||Groundwater underlying the site is contaminated with VOCs including xylene, toluene, and vinyl chloride.||06/24/1988||10/04/1989||09/28/2001||N/A||N/A|
|CTD072122062||Beacon Heights Landfill||New Haven||||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||09/09/1998||N/A||N/A|
|CTD981067317||Cheshire Ground Water Contamination||New Haven||||06/24/1988||08/30/1990||12/31/1996||N/A||07/02/1997|
|CTD980521165||Laurel Park Incorporated||New Haven||||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||09/11/1998||N/A||N/A|
|CTD980669261||Nutmeg Valley Road||New Haven||||01/22/1987||03/31/1989||09/28/2004||N/A||09/23/2005|
|CT0002265551||Scovill Industrial Landfill||New Haven||||05/11/2000||07/27/2000||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CTD980906515||New London Submarine Base||New London||||10/26/1989||08/30/1990||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CTD051316313||Precision Plating Corp.||Tolland||||06/24/1988||10/04/1989||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CTD001153923||Linemaster Switch Corporation||Windham||||06/24/1988||02/21/1990||03/29/2005||N/A||N/A|
|CTD004532610||Revere Textile Prints Corporation||Windham||||06/10/1986||07/22/1987||09/30/1992||N/A||09/02/1994|
|CTD009774969||Yaworski Waste Lagoon||Windham||||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||09/20/2000||N/A||N/A|
- List of Superfund sites in the United States
- List of environmental issues
- List of waste types
- P.L. 96-510, 42 U.S.C. §§ 9601–9675), December 11, 1980.
- "National Priorities List". United States Enivironmental Protection Agency. Retrieved December 16, 2010.
- "Kellogg-Deering Well Field site description". Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Kellogg-Deering Well Field NPL site narrative". Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Kellogg-Deering Well Field Superfund site progress profile". Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Barkhamsted-New Hartford Landfill site description". Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Barkhamsted-New Hartford Landfill NPL site narrative". Retrieved 2010-01-09.
- "Barkhamsted-New Hartford Landfill Superfund site progress profile". Retrieved 2010-01-09.