List of Superfund sites in Illinois
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This is a list of Superfund sites in Illinois designated under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) environmental law. These sites are listed on the National Priorities List.
- Proposed for addition to National Priorities List
- Deleted from National Priorities List
- Removed proposal for addition to National Priorities List
|ILD980607055||Adams County Quincy Landfills 2&3||Adams||()||06/24/1988||08/30/1990||03/31/1999||N/A||N/A|
|ILD980996789||Ilada Energy Co.||Alexander||(VOCs, PCBs, and heavy metals including lead, arsenic, and zinc. On-site surface soils were contaminated with PCBs and heavy metals.) Liquid oily wastes found on site were contaminated with||06/24/1988||10/04/1989||09/28/1999||N/A||01/08/2001|
|ILD980397079||A & F Material Reclaiming, Inc.||Cumberland||()||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||09/24/1992||N/A||N/A|
|IL3210020803||Savanna Army Depot Activity||Jo Daviess||(PAHs. Groundwater is contaminated with various pesticides, explosives, solvents, and petroleum-related contaminants. Sediments and surface water are contaminated with various explosives, PAHs, and metals. Multiple areas throughout the facility contain munitions and explosives of concern/unexploded ordnance (MEC/UXO).) Soils are contaminated with metals, pesticides, explosives, lead-based paint chips, and||10/15/1984||03/13/1989||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|ILD000802827||Outboard Marine Corporation||Lake||(hydraulic fluids into the ground and harbor, which contained PCB. Dredging of the harbor and soil removal have been completed, and decontamination of the isolated soil continues. During cleanup, it was discovered that the site contained additional contamination on the former Waukegan Coke Plant property. Soil removal there is also complete.) An engine construction plant released||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|ILD003817137||Petersen Sand & Gravel||Lake||() The site of illegal dumping of paint waste and solvents. Cleanup was completed, and it was removed from the National Priorities List in 1991, and redeveloped as the Independence Grove Forest Preserve.||10/15/1984||06/10/1986||09/12/1989||N/A||02/11/1991|
|ILD005443544||Johns-Manville Corporation||Lake||( The site will be redeveloped as a soccer and baseball complex.) An asbestos-disposal site. The area has been covered in >24 inches of soil, but areas outside the Johns-Manville property have problems with asbestos contamination, including other beachfront areas near the Waukegan and Zion.||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||12/31/1991||N/A||N/A|
|ILD980500102||Yeoman Creek Landfill||Lake||(leachate to enter the local groundwater.) The lack of a bottom liner allowed||06/24/1988||03/31/1989||09/23/2005||N/A||N/A|
|ILD980605836||H.O.D. Landfill||Lake||(vinyl chloride.) Groundwater was contaminated with||09/18/1985||02/21/1990||06/29/2001||N/A||N/A|
|ILD048843809||Chemetco||Madison||(zinc oxide. The materials contain elevated levels of cadmium, copper and lead. Sediments in nearby wetlands and Long Lake also have elevated levels of the same metals.) Site contains over 450,000 cubic yards of waste slag and over 60,000 cu yd of||03/04/2010||–||–||–|
|IL0210090049||Joliet Army Ammunition Plant Load-Assembly-Packing Area||Will||() Site of federal ammunitions plant polluted with base neutral acids, metals, nitroaromatics, PCBs, and petroleum hydrocarbon. Physical cleanup has been completed, but site remains on the NPL list.||04/10/1985||03/13/1989||09/29/2008||N/A||N/A|
|IL7213820460||Joliet Army Ammunition Plant Manufacturing Area||Will||Soil contaminated with explosives and metals, primarily TNT, tetryl, DNT, and lead. Groundwater plumes contaminated with explosives, VOCs, and metals.||10/15/1984||07/22/1987||09/10/2008||N/A||N/A|
|ILD053219259||Acme Solvent Reclaiming, Inc. (Morristown Plant)||Winnebago||() Site was used as a drum storage and disposal area for wastes generated by Acme's solvent distillation units. From 1960 to 1970, the site consisted of seven waste disposal lagoons and open storage of 10,000 to 15,000 drums. Testing of groundwater found it to contain volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Soil sampling identified VOCs, phthalates, polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), and metals including lead and chromium.||12/30/1982||09/08/1983||07/13/1998||N/A||N/A|
- List of Superfund sites in the United States
- List of environmental issues
- List of waste types
- "Ilada Energy Co. Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Savanna Army Depot Activity Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Outboard Marine Corp. Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Peterson Sand & Gravel Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Johns-Manville Corp. Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Waukegan Vision lakefront masterplan" (PDF). Waukeganvision.com. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Yeoman Creek Landfill Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "H.O.D. Landfill Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Joliet Army Ammunition Plant Load-Assembly-Packing Area Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Joliet Army Ammunition Plant Manufacturing Area Superfund site progress profile". EPA. Retrieved 2010-02-06.
- "Superfund Site Progress Profile Acme Solvents Reclaiming, Inc. (Morristown Plant)". 23 June 2009. Retrieved 14 June 2012.
- EPA list of proposed Superfund sites in Illinois
- EPA list of current Superfund sites in Illinois
- EPA list of Superfund site construction completions in Illinois
- EPA list of partially deleted Superfund sites in Illinois
- EPA list of deleted Superfund sites in Illinois