List of Superfund sites in Virginia
This is a list of Superfund sites in Virginia designated under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA) environmental law. The CERCLA federal law of 1980 authorized the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to create a list of polluted locations requiring a long-term response to clean up hazardous material contaminations. These locations are known as Superfund sites, and are placed on the National Priorities List (NPL). The NPL guides the EPA in "determining which sites warrant further investigation" for environmental remediation. As of March 26, 2010, there were 31 Superfund sites on the National Priorities List in Virginia. No additional sites are currently proposed for entry on the list. Four sites have been cleaned up and removed from the list.
- Deleted from National Priorities List
- List of Superfund sites in the United States
- List of environmental issues
- List of waste types
- P.L. 96-510, 42 U.S.C. §§ 9601–9675), December 11, 1980.
- "National Priorities List". United States Enivironmental Protection Agency. Retrieved May 2, 2010.
- "Abex Corp. site description". Retrieved 2009-12-19.
- "St. Julien's Creek Annex Superfund site progress profile". Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- "St. Julien's Creek Annex site description". Retrieved 2010-01-08.
- "Suffolk City Landfill Superfund site progress profile". Retrieved 2010-01-08.