List of Swindon Town F.C. records and statistics
This page details Swindon Town Football Club records.
As of 1 February 2007. (Former players only, competitive matches only, includes appearances as substitute):
- Most goals in a season – 48, Harry Morris (1926–27)
- Most League goals in a season – 47, Harry Morris, (1926–27)
- Most goals in a single match – 5
- Harry Morris (v. Queens Park Rangers, Third Division South, 18 December 1926)
- Harry Morris (v. Norwich City, Third Division South, 26 April 1930)
- Keith East (v. Mansfield Town, Third Division, 20 November 1965)
- Most goals in the League – 216, Harry Morris
As of 18 November 2006 (competitive matches only):
- Most League wins in a season – 32 in 46 matches, Fourth Division, 1985–86
- Fewest League wins in a season –
- 0 in 16 matches, Western League, 1901–02
- 2 in 16 matches, Western League, 1900–01
- 2 in 30 matches, Southern League First Division, 1901–02
- Most League defeats in a season – 26 in 46 matches, First Division, 1999-00
- Fewest League defeats in a season –
- Most League goals scored in a season – 100 in 42 matches, Third Division South, 1926–27
- Fewest League goals scored in a season –
- Most League goals conceded in a season – 105 in 42 matches, Third Division South, 1932–33
- Fewest League goals conceded in a season –
- Most points in a League season (2 for a win) – 64 in 46 matches, Third Division, 1968–69
- Most points in a League season (3 for a win) – 102 in 46 matches, Fourth Division, 1985–86
- First match
- (Unofficial history) – v. Rovers F.C., Friendly, 29 November 1879 (lost 4–0)
- (Official history) – v. St. Mark's Young Men's Friendly Society, Friendly, 12 November 1881 (drew 2–2)
- First FA Cup match (pre-qualifying) – v. Watford Rovers, First Round, 23 October 1886 (won 1–0)
- First FA Cup match (proper) – v. Brighton and Hove Albion, First Round, 13 January 1906 (lost 3–0)
- First League match – v. Reading, Southern League First Division, 22 September 1894 (lost 4–3)
- First European match – v. A.S. Roma, Anglo-Italian League Cup, 27 August 1969 (lost 2–1)
- First League Cup match – v. Shrewsbury Town, 12 October 1960 (won 2–1)
- Record League win – 9–1 (home v. Luton Town, Third Division South, 28 August 1920)
- Record FA Cup win – 10–1 (away v. Farnham United Breweries, 28 November 1925)
- Record League defeat – 0–8 (away v. Loughborough, Second Division, 12 December 1896)
- Record FA Cup defeat – 1–10 (away v. Manchester City, 25 January 1930)
- Record transfer fee received – £4,000,000 from Q.P.R. for Ben Gladwin & Massimo Luongo, May 2015.
- Record transfer fee paid – £800,000 to West Ham for Joey Beauchamp, August 1994.
- Highest attendance at a home match – 32,000 (v. Arsenal, FA Cup Third Round replay, 15 January 1972)
- Record gate receipts – £149,371 vs Bolton Wanderers, Football League Cup Semi Final First Leg, 12 February 1995.
- Mattick, Dick (2002). 100 Greats: Swindon Town Football Club. Tempus. ISBN 0-7524-2714-8.
- Mattick, Richard (2004). Swindon Town F.C.: 50 Classic Matches. Tempus. ISBN 0-7524-2866-7.
- Hayes, Dean (2001). Swindon Town Football Club: An A-Z. Aureus. ISBN 1-899750-06-1.
- "swindon-town-fc.co.uk archive".
- "Stadium Info". Swindon Town F.C. Archived from the original on 4 January 2007.
- "Football Club History Database".