List of Tennessee state prisons
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Tennessee government agency responsible for state prisons is the Tennessee Department of Correction.
- Bledsoe County Correctional Complex (formerly Southeastern Tennessee State Regional Correctional Facility) - Pikeville - Opened in 1980 
- Lois M. DeBerry Special Needs Facility - Nashville - Opened in 1992 
- Morgan County Correctional Complex - Wartburg - Opened in 1980 
- Northeast Correctional Complex - Mountain City - Opened in 1991 
- Carter County Annex located in Roan Mountain functions as a part of Northeast - Opened in 1986
- Northwest Correctional Complex - Tiptonville - Site 2 opened in 1981, Site 1 opened in 1992 
- Riverbend Maximum Security Institution - Nashville - Opened in 1989 
- Turney Center Industrial Complex - Only - Opened in 1971 
- Turney Center Annex (formerly Wayne County Boot Camp) - Clifton - Opened in 1985
- West Tennessee State Penitentiary - Henning - Opened in 1990 
- Mark H. Luttrell Correctional Center - Memphis - Opened in 1976 as male institution, converted to female institution in 1999 
- Tennessee Prison for Women - Nashville - Opened in 1966 
- Hardeman County Correctional Center (Operated by CCA) - Whiteville - Opened in 1997 
- South Central Correctional Facility (Operated by CCA) - Clifton - Opened in 1992 
- Trousdale Turner Correctional Center, operated by CCA, opened in 2016
- Whiteville Correctional Facility (Operated by CCA) - Whiteville - Opened in 2002 
- Tennessee State Penitentiary - Nashville - Opened near 7th Avenue and Broadway in 1831, moved to Church St. in 1858, final facility opened on Cockrill Bend Blvd. in 1898. TSP was closed by court order and replaced by Riverbend Maximum Security Institution in 1992.
- Cold Creek Correctional Facility - Henning - Operational 1938-1999. An expansion of then West Tennessee High Security Facility allowed the main facilities to close and the minimum security annex to combine with WTHSF to form West Tennessee State Penitentiary.
- Brushy Mountain Correctional Complex - Petros - Operational 1896-1972, 1976-2009 An expansion of Morgan County Correctional Complex allowed the 113-year-old facility to close.
- Charles Bass Correctional Complex - Nashville - Annex opened in 1946, main facility opened in 1979. Closed in 2015.
- Bledsoe County Correctional Complex
- Morgan County Correctional Complex
- Northeast Correctional Complex
- Northwest Correctional Complex
- Riverbend Maximum Security Institution
- Turney Center Industrial Complex
- West Tennessee State Penitentiary
- Mark H. Luttrell Correctional Center
- Tennessee Prison for Women
- South Central Correctional Facility
- Whiteville Correctional Facility